I browsed again on BlackBerryMobile site and it seems like the message changed on Pre-register page as below.

Sign-up now for exclusive BlackBerry KEYone pre-order offers.

I did sign-up again and here is the message I got,

Thank you for subscribing!
    Now that you’re on the list, you’ll be among the first to hear about announcements and special offers.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-29-17 09:04 AM
    "Announcements and Special Offers" pretty much is synonymous to "we'll sell your email" these days...
    03-29-17 09:06 AM
    I think TCL heard about the pricing complaints from some CrackBerry users and would like to offer some exclusive special offers for those "value" type people.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 09:10 AM
    I think TCL heard about the pricing complaints from some CrackBerry users and would like to offer some exclusive special offers for those "value" type people.

Posted via CB10
    If they really want to get aggressive, an idea is to offer a trade-in offer for BB10 devices.
    03-29-17 09:13 AM
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to go sign up again as well!
    03-29-17 09:13 AM
    I guess there is no need to sign up again as I wanted to see how it went. They should have put some check if you have already signed up. But it wouldn't hurt to sign-up again.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 09:21 AM
    Nice pre order person should get special offers!
    03-29-17 09:49 AM
    If they really want to get aggressive, an idea is to offer a trade-in offer for BB10 devices.
    I want to keep my Q10 for nostalgia and a back-up!
    03-29-17 09:57 AM
    I want to keep my Q10 for nostalgia and a back-up!
    OK fine, box UPC and IMEI barcodes.
    03-29-17 10:05 AM
    That has actually been like that for about a month. I thought everyone already seen it. I've been waiting for these "offers" since pre-registering the day of MWC, lol

**Classic, Q10, Bold 9900, Bold 9000...do u notice the pattern? :-) ...the KEYone is NEXT!**
    sling likes this.
    03-29-17 10:24 AM
    That's a good idea but I doubt that TCL will agree on this.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 11:23 AM
    I guess there is no need to sign up again as I wanted to see how it went. They should have put some check if you have already signed up. But it wouldn't hurt to sign-up again.

Posted via CB10
    They did. If you use the same email address, they will say "we already have you--but maybe you can give us your first and last name".
    03-29-17 11:26 AM
    That wouldn't benefit tcl since they didn't manufacturer those devices.
    03-29-17 12:17 PM
    That wouldn't benefit tcl since they didn't manufacturer those devices.
    1. It's called marketing.

2. Not an uncommon tactic, Samsung does this with iPhones, HTC and Best Buy have trade-in offer promos all the time, you think they want to keep the phones?

3. Technically there is some money to be made, TCL wouldn't keep those devices. They can resell those on eBay (I'm sure some diehards are more than happy to buy them) via a liquidator, or just recycle and donate the money to invest in corporate image.
    03-29-17 12:35 PM

2. Not an uncommon tactic, Samsung does this with iPhones, HTC and Best Buy have trade-in offer promos all the time, you think they want to keep the phones?

3. Technically there is some money to be made, TCL wouldn't keep those devices. They can resell those on eBay (I'm sure some diehards are more than happy to buy them) via a liquidator, or just recycle and donate the money to invest in corporate image.
    The difference is those phones would be coming from the die hards lol. So if they trade em in, whos left to sell the bb10 devices to?.
    tarmy88 likes this.
    03-29-17 12:41 PM
    The difference is those phones would be coming from the die hards lol. So if they trade em in, whos left to sell the bb10 devices to?.
    Then liquidate them. Like I said the objective here is not to make money off that junk. It's a promotional offer to get people to buy the new phone and earn mindset. In my further reply, they can even take in box barcodes for all I care.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 03-29-17 at 01:19 PM.
    flyersfan76 and hoopitz like this.
    03-29-17 12:48 PM
    Then liquidate them. Like I said the objective here is not to make money off that junk. It's a promotional offer to get people to buy the new phone and earn mindset.
    Totally agree! TCL please make this happen!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 01:11 PM
    I've got a few old berries that i'd be inclined to trade in for a discounted K1. Good idea.
    03-29-17 01:15 PM
    Maybe inflate the trade in value higher than actual, if they wanted to.
    03-29-17 01:17 PM
    I'd love to sign up for the pre order but I can't. :-(

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    03-29-17 01:20 PM

Agreed. The manufacturer of the "computer" hardware that I sell buys back their competitors products all the time. It is more beneficial to them to get it out of the hands to consumers so that they have a better chance to continually sell their products. And this particular manufacturer is the market leader and has been for most of the time the industry has been around. Something like 75% of the market share.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-29-17 01:24 PM
    I also have 2 Classic's. One has a broken screen and the other started acting up so my wife wanted a new one.

I also have the original Passport.

Not to mention the current daily drivers of a classic and passport SE. I could definitely part with 2 or three of these devices.
    03-29-17 01:27 PM
    Maybe inflate the trade in value higher than actual, if they wanted to.
    So.... about $3.50 for a Passport?
    bigedschukar likes this.
    03-29-17 01:41 PM
    They may add a case with the launch offer, from incipio or tumi, that will be a nice gift, especially that they have a partnership now.
    03-29-17 01:45 PM
    So.... about $3.50 for a Passport?
    Not that inflated...
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-29-17 01:46 PM
65 123