When your inbox is flooded with questions from an AmA, you tend to miss a few things. I find for AmAs usually the second levels get missed.
    And he/she was using a throwaway account , probably only using for that day for a couple hours.
    12-14-16 07:06 PM
    As usual with those leak stories, nobody can be sure this is true or not....

After Reading that, I don't know much more about the Mercury I would say, whatever the Reddit thread author did or did not see it irl.
    Agreed, except I'd say there was no new information. He says there was a fingerprint reader in the special keyboard, and how the owner pressed his finger at the bottom of the keyboard.

And he describes the look and feel of the keyboard, but says nothing about whether or not he saw anything unusual about the bottom of the keyboard where the space bar fingerprint reader would have been.
    12-14-16 10:31 PM
    This thread is pure utter BS, like seriously... who names a thread like (Someone touched the Blackberry Mercury!!!)

And doesn't include an image at all? even the guy from Reddit, who *claims* to seen it/touch it and he couldn't even take a picture? this is 2016 not 1996.

Jesus christ
    Biggles likes this.
    12-15-16 09:03 AM
    12-15-16 10:19 AM
    This thread is pure utter BS, like seriously... who names a thread like (Someone touched the Blackberry Mercury!!!)
    I am a female millennial expressing enthusiasm and providing an interesting new link for which I provided a disclaimer that the information may or may not be true. I have never used a Blackberry phone before, but am interested in the rumored Blackberry Mercury since we have a presumed mutual goal of keeping the physical keyboard alive. I apologize if my thread is offensive to you, but one has the option of ignoring threads that one perceives as being "pure utter BS."
    12-15-16 01:11 PM
    I am a female millennial expressing enthusiasm and providing an interesting new link for which I provided a disclaimer that the information may or may not be true. I have never used a Blackberry phone before, but am interested in the rumored Blackberry Mercury since we have a presumed mutual goal of keeping the physical keyboard alive. I apologize if my thread is offensive to you, but one has the option of ignoring threads that one perceives as being "pure utter BS."
    Ignore him . You will find a lot of member like this on crackberry that's why I don't bother posting here.

Negativity is strong
    anon(10047752) and wincyUt like this.
    12-15-16 01:14 PM
    If what they're saying is true, I'm happy to hear the model he saw was all black, but disappointed if it turns out having an IPS display over AMOLED.
    I know the general consensus is that amoled is better than ips LCD. But you can still get a great looking screen with a ips screen. I mean, look at the DTEK50, I personally think it looks sharp.

Let's wait and see what we get. Maybe we will get a TFT screen hahaha

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    libra89 and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    12-15-16 01:43 PM
    I know the general consensus is that amoled is better than ips LCD. But you can still get a great looking screen with a ips screen. I mean, look at the DTEK50, I personally think it looks sharp.

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    Amoled is better for the battery, I was hoping amoled too

Posted via Passport SE
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    12-15-16 01:55 PM
    I'm just sharing the thread... not my Reddit thread. You'll have to ask the original poster on Reddit directly. If it had been me, I would have just taken the phone and ran.
    LOL now that could generate a lot of hype for the phone.
    anon(10047752) likes this.
    12-15-16 03:02 PM
    I tried Priv but it doesnt work because the keyboard is very cramped. Looking at the leaked photo, I think the width of Mercury is similar to the width of Priv ???

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 04:33 PM
    I agree with this. He avoids answering that super simple question...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    You can see pretty clear that from the leaked photos, which btw look very authentic, Mercury has a 4 rows keyboard. I think what he meant is the typing experience, the depth of the key, the snappiness and the capacitveness of the M'keyboard are identical to the PP, not the number of rows.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 04:40 PM

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    I actually used to prefer IPS for its natural tones over the blown out, oversaturation from AMOLED, but the latter has come a long way. I now prefer AMOLED since I don't believe they suffer from the overly blue hue they did years ago. Blacks just look so much deeper and the battery improvements are noticeable.

It's not a deal breaker but would be a bummer to not have it.
    12-15-16 04:50 PM
    I tried Priv but it doesnt work because the keyboard is very cramped. Looking at the leaked photo, I think the width of Mercury is similar to the width of Priv ???

Posted via CB10
    Another trait that's lacking on the PRIV is how little feedback they give while typing compared to say the Classic. I'm actually using the PRIV to type this now. It's not a terrible typing experience but I'm sure the Mercury will be better in that regard.
    12-15-16 04:52 PM
    I tried Priv but it doesn't work because the keyboard is very cramped. Looking at the leaked photo, I think the width of Mercury is similar to the width of Priv ???
    It's not the width of the PRIV keyboard, that is the issue, it's the height of the keys, which was compromised to keep down the overall length. The Mercury keyboard appears to be very similar in size to the Classic's, so it shouldn't be an issue.
    Resilience likes this.
    12-15-16 04:53 PM
    Maybe it was black because there are 3 colors going to be available; black, silver... and maybe a red hiding somewhere?

Please oh please!
    12-15-16 05:02 PM
    It just seems weird that he goes to respond to every question, skips that one, then answers every question after it... Why avoid it? And how can you not recognize if it had a 3 or 4 row? I barf a little everytime I see a 3 row so I definitely would remember, lol. :-D

Might of been caught in the moment type thing.
    12-15-16 07:08 PM
    Might of been caught in the moment type thing.
    Or as has been suggested, since he didn't really tell us anything we (and presumably he) didn't already know...
    12-15-16 07:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm surprised when people can't get used to the size of the PRIV keyboard. I came from the Classic and got used to the PRIV in under a week, are you working with large hands? If the PRIV is too small I bet the Mercury won't be much bigger.
    12-16-16 06:33 AM
    I am a female millennial ...
    So, you are a child... got it.

Posted via CB10 - Z30 STA100-5
    12-16-16 07:16 AM
    You can see pretty clear that from the leaked photos, which btw look very authentic, Mercury has a 4 rows keyboard. I think what he meant is the typing experience, the depth of the key, the snappiness and the capacitveness of the M'keyboard are identical to the PP, not the number of rows.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not questioning what the end product likely would be. I'm questioning why that reddit OP avoided that question (he answered the questions before and after it) if it's such a simple answer. He also said it looks "exactly" like the PP keyboard. Which not only is different in layout, but also lacks the symbols printed on the keys. So it's so different from what we've seen on the leaks it's odd that he would feel that it "looks exactly" like a PP SE's keyboard... To me the keyboard in the leaked images look absolutely nothing like the PP's keyboard. In fact, if comparing keyboards, the one it looks the LEAST like is the PP's...

He specifically said that it "looks" exactly like it. Kind of an odd way to describe the typing experience...

12-16-16 11:37 AM
    So, you are a child... got it.

Wow.

12-16-16 11:38 AM
    Wow.

Judging by the post count, you're here way longer than I have... why do you look surprised?
    12-16-16 12:02 PM
    Judging by the post count, you're here way longer than I have... why do you look surprised?
    Eh...

12-16-16 04:40 PM
    Wow.

Sorry if that sounded rough, but I find weird the fact that a person defines him/herself a "millenial".

12-16-16 06:43 PM
    Sorry if that sounded rough, but I find weird the fact that a person defines him/herself a "millenial".

Well, you would probably identify yourself as "not a millennial"...

12-16-16 06:57 PM
100 1234