I'd say closer to 150 mm. I've seen that video and due to the slight angle of the view it's hard to get an accurate estimate of the relative sizes.
    Yes your are right. Thank you for the picture.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 05:09 AM
    Hey I've never understood the whole 'thin' craze,but if it being a little thicker means it's got a kick *** battery then that is my phone boys and girls

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    Never understood it either. Adding a case will add a slight thickness to it but it might help if phones weren't so easily damaged eg glass on both sides.

If would find the width and height of the phone more of a concern than the thickness.

Also thin phones are harder to hold imo.
    Ultimately a smaller battery means you might be lugging about a much bigger powerbank. Now that's two things you've got to jam in.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 05:55 AM
    I

Is it better than a bold 9900?? That's a five year old phone. This is subjective, of course, but there are legions of BlackBerry users out there who still prefer the Bold to anything bb10 or android. Why? Because of compact size, removable battery, perfect marriage of form and function, smoothness of usage, etc. The flaws, such as outdated browser and unsupported Os, don't bother them.

One key to mercury success will be if the phone can attract these loyal users in additional to new users..
    Not being argumentative here, but this is just not a big concern at all. Do you realize how few people you are talking about? If there actually were huge numbers of people who were Bold lovers, BlackBerry would not be in its life support mode today. It's sort of ridiculous. BlackBerry is a dead company other than for a tiny tiny number of people.

And yes I personally loved the Bold. But you need to realize - there are nowhere near enough people who loved the Bold to be even a minor consideration.
    02-02-17 08:49 AM
    Here's a clear top view of the Mercury showing that it is relatively thick.
    Damn, that would never fit under my door, what ever will I do???

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    zensen likes this.
    02-02-17 09:42 AM
    It looked pretty huge too . . . lol. If only they could keep to the form factor of the Classic or even q10. I think the passport is very unique but prefer earlier form factors. Would that work?
    Most people don't like bringing along their microscopes to see the screen. Lol, just kidding, but I find the Classic a good size, the Q10 feels a bit too small. This phone seems to be about the same width as a Classic, just taller. Guess I'll have to try it to see if it feels good in the hands or not.

ariandax likes this.
    02-02-17 09:44 AM
    Hey I've never understood the whole 'thin' craze,but if it being a little thicker means it's got a kick *** battery then that is my phone boys and girls

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    What, you don't use your phone as a bookmark?? ;-)

Dunt Dunt Dunt and zensen like this.
    02-02-17 09:45 AM
    Never understood it either. Adding a case will add a slight thickness to it but it might help if phones weren't so easily damaged eg glass on both sides.

If would find the width and height of the phone more of a concern than the thickness.

Ultimately a smaller battery means you might be lugging about a much bigger powerbank. Now that's two things you've got to jam in.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly...don't understand it.

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    zensen likes this.
    02-02-17 10:10 AM
    What, you don't use your phone as a bookmark?? ;-)

Well you know besides that. I can never find my phone cause I can never remember which book I was reading last...very annoying

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    02-02-17 10:16 AM
    I'm seeing it more as a sturdy phone than the "innovative" and fragile phones all around the market.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 10:18 AM
    A good handy thickness is what I prefer, and of course with a pkb it will have that

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 10:32 AM
    Sorry but looking at the q10 , screen way too small
    02-02-17 01:21 PM
    Here's a clear top view of the Mercury showing that it is relatively thick.
    Wow thats thick. Thats nearly Lumia 920 thick Size and weight of Mercury-nokia-lumia-920-smartphone_top.jpg
    02-02-17 01:36 PM
    Thick is good. More sturdy. I'm in the camp that doesn't care for this trend towards thin phones.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    02-02-17 01:44 PM
    Wow thats thick. Thats nearly Lumia 920 thick Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nokia-lumia-920-smartphone_top.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	416867
    Personally I'd take that thickness over the thinness and horrible to hold iphone any day...
    This march to thinness is silly - It's not like those Ericsson Siemens phones of the late 90's.

Would you not think height and width and to some extent weight distribution esp on larger phones be more of a consideration on choice?

You'd hope the Mercury wasn't to thin, you still want a decent click on the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zensen; 02-02-17 at 02:10 PM.
    02-02-17 02:00 PM
    If anyone has any photoshop mad skilz or comes across a picture of the DTEK 60 or Priv or other phones being held up the the merc or other comparison pics that'd be sweet

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    02-02-17 02:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    True, I've never had a cracked screen from the 8800, 9700, 9900, Q10 or Classic
    02-02-17 03:05 PM
    If anyone has any photoshop mad skilz or comes across a picture of the DTEK 60 or Priv or other phones being held up the the merc or other comparison pics that'd be sweet
    Here's my updated scaled comparison based on the information available for Mercury:
    Attached Thumbnails Size and weight of Mercury-bb-mercury-size-comp-0202-30.jpg  
    02-02-17 03:45 PM
    Here's my updated scaled comparison based on the information available for Mercury:
    Sweet **** bro thanks

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    02-02-17 10:16 PM
    I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit behind in times but for the world of me I cannot understand how anyone could describe the device in that photo pictured from the top as "thick". I was hoping for some actual sturdiness as paper-thin phones are a pain to hold when typing etc. but this one seems like it'll need to be clad in a protective cover to add some meat to the bones. Oh well. I have sent a couple of emails to Piel Frama begging them to make a case/cases for Mercury but at this point the odds of that happening appear negligible. :/

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 12:23 AM
    Good size, it's not too big.
    Attached Thumbnails Size and weight of Mercury-screenshot_20170203-004709.jpg  
    02-03-17 01:38 AM
    Attached Thumbnails Size and weight of Mercury-screenshot_20170203-004709.jpg  
    02-03-17 01:40 AM
    Oh wow so disappointed the keyboard looks way smaller that the classic's!! I am now used to the Passport's so this is going to be such a downgrade
    02-03-17 04:39 AM
    Personally I'd take that thickness over the thinness and horrible to hold iphone any day...
    This march to thinness is silly - It's not like those Ericsson Siemens phones of the late 90's.

Would you not think height and width and to some extent weight distribution esp on larger phones be more of a consideration on choice?

You'd hope the Mercury wasn't to thin, you still want a decent click on the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    What? But how would you ever carve a turkey using your phone if it wasn't razor thin, I mean, we all want to do that right??? ;-)

02-03-17 08:03 AM
    Do you like the height of dtek series?
    I haven't used any of those two, so I can't really say, especially considering that my main device for the past 2+ yrs has been the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 08:04 AM
    I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit behind in times but for the world of me I cannot understand how anyone could describe the device in that photo pictured from the top as "thick".

Posted via CB10
    Oh its not a case of the phone being thick as a detriment. I personally have a passport in a case, thick doesnt bother me one bit. Im just shocked that someone is going to release a phone that substantial after the lumia 920 got so much grief for it. But then again, that same phone has videos of it being hit with a hammer and sliced at with a knife
    02-05-17 01:26 AM
50 12