one more but it's an old one..

Hi Bla1ze, are you going to replace your Dtek60 with Keyone. I am waiting for the launch dates in Dubai.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-27-17 02:30 PM

I meant another one from Barcelona!
    02-27-17 02:33 PM
    I have been reading some of the comments here and am gob smacked by the ignorant commentary by our community. Seriously. Apple execs have polished presentations because they are paid tens of millions a year. CBK is a passionate CB guy, and volunteers his time for us. And imagine how easy it must have been for a person to stand there and present a new device by a Brand that while we love, is made fun of and mocked by everyone else.

Kevin, you are a great guy and I appreciate and value your contributions immensely. Bla1ze and team have held the fort so awesomely but you are the missing spark.

So while democracy and free speech is a wonderful thing, some people just don't understand how things really work in the real world. Transforming a Brand takes time and lots of effort. The fact that Blackberry and TCL even invited you shows me that Blackberry finally is 'getting it' regarding their user base. I value everything you have done to date and please stick around with us. Keyone is a brilliant device for folks that are not caught up in misguided notions of the past or ignorance regarding specs. An Alfa Romeo 4C is a 4 cylinder but will blow the brains off V8, V10, and some turbo V12's, they charge and immense premium, but is it 'worth it?'. Absolutely. It is a fine tuned machine, just as the Classic was. But people forget that.

Blackberry 10 is amazing yes, but a world without Blackberry is a poor and unsafe one. My confidence in Blackberry and where we need to move to is unwavering and finally there is a bit clearer direction, especially since your article that clarified things for me a lot.

Thanks again Kevin. You did an excellent job.

Sincerely,

Matthew
    Matthew, it's BlackBerry and KEYone not Blackberry an Keyone.
    02-27-17 06:52 PM
    Hat off to Kevin for making the association of the words TCL / BlackBerry Mobile / Crackberry a natural association. This has, for all, an exceptional value that too many seem to underweight.

Folks, for the first time since inception we've met a consistent and listening team, enthusiast and ready to fight. I've been very close to BlackBerry (BBElite until mid 2016) and it is the first time ever I can feel this symbiosis between marketing team, CEO, COO. No more "we [marketing, PR] know but ... [our hands are tight]", instead, I cannot count the "oh, really ? That's interesting, let me check that with the guys". Unleashed, finally !

So, Kevin, thanks a zillion times for that.
    You guys at BlackBerry Mobile, pardon those biting the hand that feed us; they just have to understand they don't have to be rude and ungrateful to be listened. They simply don't measure yet the magnitude of the change ... passion can result in weird things, sometimes. Thank you, too !
    02-28-17 02:43 AM
    Hi Bla1ze, are you going to replace your Dtek60 with Keyone. I am waiting for the launch dates in Dubai.
    I called the Dubai store, seems late April, I preordered mine from the UK.
    02-28-17 03:50 AM
    The presentation was pretty lame but that was not the presenter's fault in any way. Set up the stage and the equipment was lame.
    Who cares about the presentation. The only reason it was streamed in the first place was because of crackberry.com and it was for us the phone blackberry nerd community.. General public didn't watch.
    02-28-17 05:16 AM
    Who cares about the presentation. The only reason it was streamed in the first place was because of crackberry.com and it was for us the phone blackberry nerd community.. General public didn't watch.
    Well I don't care also but it does not change the fact that the presentation being lame .
    02-28-17 05:19 AM
    I am going to buy few keyone when they release it. My point is that most of average consumer will be hard to swallow $550 for snapdragon 625. I am just worried that it will be failure like PRIV. I personally would not recommend this phone to my family members or friends for $550. Smartphone PKB users are very small market right now. Let's pretend that keyone is non PKB. How much would consumer pay for this? $299?
    Most average consumers would have no clue what a 625 is.
    02-28-17 05:26 AM
    A sincere apology to Crackberry Kevin-20170225_220112.jpg
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    02-28-17 06:17 AM
    Absolutely!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-28-17 06:19 AM
    As I posted in another thread, I thought Kevin was the highlight of the presentation. It was some of the stumbling from the TLC guys that made the presentation seem a little sub-par. Anyone who piled on with Kevin's presentation is misguided.
    02-28-17 10:30 AM
    I was lucky to be there! It was a great night and Kevin did an outstanding job alongside everyone else! the KEYone launch was a treasure of a night to remember. Also KEYone has just been named Best of MWC2017 by Android Authority! BlackBerry good feeling is Back! can't to get a KEYone!
    02-28-17 10:51 AM
    Moto Z Play. SD625, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, 1080p display, 3580mAh, fingerprint scanner $450
    No keyboard, no monthly patch
    03-02-17 06:41 AM
    I think you are right and it floors me how venomous some people are here. I wonder if they actually talk to everyday people they meet the way they talk here. I'm betting they don't nearly so often. If they do they are friendless at the least and walking the line of a punch in the face. Twitter is the same way and other online forums. People think they can just be aholes because they either don't personally know the individual they are talking to or feel safe behind the keyboard. As far as the price of the mercury goes, you can't compare that phone to the Chinese phones that cost less. Aside from the processor that was picked for efficiency the rest of the phone is premium. If you don't want a pkb phone then buy the Chinese crap for 200$ and stop griping. Many good points op
    Jokes on you, TCL is a Chinese corporation. You won't buy the 200$ crap but you'll gladly pay 550$ for it huh?

The pricing is with no doubt unattractive to anyone with common sense. I'd say 400$ would be the sweet spot. 450$ would be acceptable. 550$ is simply kinda upsetting.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 07:09 AM

Look at James with his Doctor J haircut!
    03-03-17 01:12 PM
    A sincere apology to Crackberry Kevin-img_20170224_155854.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails A sincere apology to Crackberry Kevin-img_20170224_125102.jpg  
    03-03-17 01:28 PM
    Nice photos. Looks like you guys had fun.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    03-03-17 04:25 PM
92 ... 234