I have been reading some of the comments here and am gob smacked by the ignorant commentary by our community. Seriously. Apple execs have polished presentations because they are paid tens of millions a year. CBK is a passionate CB guy, and volunteers his time for us. And imagine how easy it must have been for a person to stand there and present a new device by a Brand that while we love, is made fun of and mocked by everyone else.

Kevin, you are a great guy and I appreciate and value your contributions immensely. Bla1ze and team have held the fort so awesomely but you are the missing spark.

So while democracy and free speech is a wonderful thing, some people just don't understand how things really work in the real world. Transforming a Brand takes time and lots of effort. The fact that Blackberry and TCL even invited you shows me that Blackberry finally is 'getting it' regarding their user base. I value everything you have done to date and please stick around with us. Keyone is a brilliant device for folks that are not caught up in misguided notions of the past or ignorance regarding specs. An Alfa Romeo 4C is a 4 cylinder but will blow the brains off V8, V10, and some turbo V12's, they charge and immense premium, but is it 'worth it?'. Absolutely. It is a fine tuned machine, just as the Classic was. But people forget that.

Blackberry 10 is amazing yes, but a world without Blackberry is a poor and unsafe one. My confidence in Blackberry and where we need to move to is unwavering and finally there is a bit clearer direction, especially since your article that clarified things for me a lot.

Thanks again Kevin. You did an excellent job.

Sincerely,

Matthew
    02-26-17 11:08 AM
    I don't think anyone criticized Kevin he did his best in a sea of incompetence from Blackberry and TCL.

Most people are upset from the underwhelming specs, the premium pricing for below average hardware specs and delayed launch date.
    FairlightRacing and Kaizerin like this.
    02-26-17 11:11 AM
    Well said. Thanks you CB team for all your insight this weekend and for the last 10 years!
    DonnaDiva, m69c44, Bla1ze and 1 others like this.
    02-26-17 11:12 AM
    I don't think anyone criticized Kevin he did his best in a sea of incompetence from Blackberry and TCL.

Most people are upset from the underwhelming specs, the premium pricing for below average hardware specs and delayed launch date.
    How are the specs underwhelming? Please please folks, do some research about the 625. It is an excellent power efficient processor. And just look at Apple, processing power and specs mean nothing. Optimization does. Give it a chance. Or better yet. Try before you buy.
    02-26-17 11:14 AM
    The presentation was pretty lame but that was not the presenter's fault in any way. Set up the stage and the equipment was lame.
    02-26-17 11:15 AM

I'm not upset. I'm excited and will buy it immediately when it's available.

I don't care about the negativity here, and never did. The Q10 was a lovely device, the Classic even more and the Priv is awesome.

So will be the KEYone.

Guys. Just don't listen to these BlackBerry "die hards". They are frustrated and have always been.
    02-26-17 11:16 AM
    I think the fact that the feed was lost/disrupted caused a negativity to happen. Kevin actually did very well. The weak link was not having a hands on demo with Kevin who would have been enthusiastic. The other presenters were too dry, and didn't keep the energy going.
    bluesqueen23 and Kaizerin like this.
    02-26-17 11:20 AM
    Kevin's a big boy, I think he can take the criticism and do better next time. Kissing his *** with an apology and telling him he was great doesn't help improve anything. I want people to tell me if I didn't do a great job at something so I can learn from it and make sure that the next time I do it right.
    02-26-17 11:23 AM
    No one criticized Kevin, if it wasn't for Crackberry actually, I would have lost interest in the brand long ago.

But TCL / BB Mobile need to be called out for that show they put on yesterday or lack of it.

CBK humor was the only light hearted person on the stage.

I won't get it into the rest, I've shared my thoughts extensively on other forums.
    PALoeza and bluesqueen23 like this.
    02-26-17 11:24 AM
    The presentation sucked, but Kevin was good. And I haven't seen once post saying anything bad about Kevin.
    Kaizerin likes this.
    02-26-17 11:31 AM
    Great post OP. I could not agree with you more.

The hate from some of these people is nauseating.

I think the overwhelming majority are very excited.

Posted via CB10
    cmykink, raqball and Greened like this.
    02-26-17 11:33 AM
    I have been reading some of the comments here and am gob smacked by the ignorant commentary by our community. Seriously. Apple execs have polished presentations because they are paid tens of millions a year. CBK is a passionate CB guy, and volunteers his time for us. And imagine how easy it must have been for a person to stand there and present a new device by a Brand that while we love, is made fun of and mocked by everyone else.

Kevin, you are a great guy and I appreciate and value your contributions immensely. Bla1ze and team have held the fort so awesomely but you are the missing spark.

So while democracy and free speech is a wonderful thing, some people just don't understand how things really work in the real world. Transforming a Brand takes time and lots of effort. The fact that Blackberry and TCL even invited you shows me that Blackberry finally is 'getting it' regarding their user base. I value everything you have done to date and please stick around with us. Keyone is a brilliant device for folks that are not caught up in misguided notions of the past or ignorance regarding specs. An Alfa Romeo 4C is a 4 cylinder but will blow the brains off V8, V10, and some turbo V12's, they charge and immense premium, but is it 'worth it?'. Absolutely. It is a fine tuned machine, just as the Classic was. But people forget that.

Blackberry 10 is amazing yes, but a world without Blackberry is a poor and unsafe one. My confidence in Blackberry and where we need to move to is unwavering and finally there is a bit clearer direction, especially since your article that clarified things for me a lot.

Thanks again Kevin. You did an excellent job.

Sincerely,

Matthew
    Well written and very classy.

Thank you and I think many CB fans share your sentiment.

I also loved your comparison of BlackBerry to Alfa Romeo.
    DonnaDiva, raqball, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    02-26-17 11:34 AM
    Great post OP. I could not agree with you more.

The hate from some of these people is nauseating.

I think the overwhelming majority are very excited.

Posted via CB10
    Nauseating doesn't begin to explain it. I hope you're right that there is a quiet excited majority.
    02-26-17 11:35 AM
    I saw the replay and I think that kevin did a good job.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    02-26-17 11:36 AM
    Well written and very classy.

Thank you and I think many CB fans share your sentiment.

I also loved your comparison of BlackBerry to Alfa Romeo.
    You can't compare Alfa to BB . The Alfa brand is all about passion, something unfortunately BB lost long ago.
    02-26-17 11:37 AM
    I think you are right and it floors me how venomous some people are here. I wonder if they actually talk to everyday people they meet the way they talk here. I'm betting they don't nearly so often. If they do they are friendless at the least and walking the line of a punch in the face. Twitter is the same way and other online forums. People think they can just be aholes because they either don't personally know the individual they are talking to or feel safe behind the keyboard. As far as the price of the mercury goes, you can't compare that phone to the Chinese phones that cost less. Aside from the processor that was picked for efficiency the rest of the phone is premium. If you don't want a pkb phone then buy the Chinese crap for 200$ and stop griping. Many good points op
    DolemiteDONS and Greened like this.
    02-26-17 11:41 AM
    You can't compare Alfa to BB . The Alfa brand is all about passion, something unfortunately BB lost long ago.
    You are right, stubbornly building PKB phones that are so innovative like Passport, Classic, Priv and now Keyone when everyone mocks and laughs. Yep, no passion whatsoever. Sheesh.
    02-26-17 11:43 AM
    People are ridiculous. Why should the launch be a bells and whistles one? The real bells and whistles for everyone in attendance was the hands on back stage. If you really wanted to get the feel pony up the cash and go to these events.
    02-26-17 11:45 AM
    Kevin was truly fabulous on the night no complaints
    His fashion was very stylish
    After all he is very handsome guy.

Posted via CB10
    DonnaDiva and Greened like this.
    02-26-17 11:48 AM
    I see something very different. BlackBerry has not lost their passion. Some of their users however...

Please stop spreading vitriol.
    DolemiteDONS and Greened like this.
    02-26-17 11:52 AM
    Kevin was truly fabulous on the night no complaints
    His fashion was very stylish
    After all he is very handsome guy.

Where was Blaze1.....he always looks very scruffy with that
    ⚾ hat
    ....lol
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    MikeWrightBB, gruv4u and Greened like this.
    02-26-17 11:54 AM
    I see something very different. BlackBerry has not lost their passion. Some of their users however...

Please stop spreading vitriol.
    Oh ok. Thank you for enlightening me.
    02-26-17 11:56 AM
    Oh ok. Thank you for enlightening me.
    Likewise sir.
    02-26-17 11:58 AM
    I Had no issues with CBK, I stopped watching when the CEO of TCL was on. His hand movements and overall speech just lost me. Granted I was watching with Bluetooth headphones and they delay the sound from the video which is hard to bear, but still, it seemed so dry and stilted and it was seriously lacking enthusiasm, I got bored.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 11:58 AM
    As far as the price of the mercury goes, you can't compare that phone to the Chinese phones that cost less. Aside from the processor that was picked for efficiency the rest of the phone is premium. If you don't want a pkb phone then buy the Chinese crap for 200$ and stop griping. Many good points op
    Where do you think TCL makes phones?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-26-17 11:59 AM
92 123 ...