I can sell my Priv in my country for $500 and since I'm traveling to US in a couple of weeks I can buy the Keyone for the same price (assuming it's released already by that time). But do you think I really should go for it? I mean I've read plenty of times how the Keyone is not considered in any way an upgrade of the Priv. Does the Keyone has at least something better than the Priv? Should I really go for it? And why? Would love to hear your opinion. Btw I absolutely love my Priv! But that Keyone is absolutely gorgeous looking
    joelaville likes this.
    04-21-17 07:14 AM
    It has Android 7 Nougat, if that matters to you..

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 07:19 AM
    I can sell my Priv in my country for $500 and since I'm traveling to US in a couple of weeks I can buy the Keyone for the same price (assuming it's released already by that time). But do you think I really should go for it? I mean I've read plenty of times how the Keyone is not considered in any way an upgrade of the Priv. Does the Keyone has at least something better than the Priv? Should I really go for it? And why? Would love to hear your opinion. Btw I absolutely love my Priv! But that Keyone is absolutely gorgeous looking
    Yes, absolutely you should do it. If you happen not to like it you can always swap it back. There will be plenty of takers with Priv + cash for keyone
    04-21-17 07:21 AM
    It has Android 7 Nougat, if that matters to you..

Posted via CB10
    Priv is getting 7 Nougat as well, supposedly
    04-21-17 07:41 AM
    If you could sell it for $500, go for it. It has newer OS, has better battery life and also maybe performance. And it has a PKB!

Performance may not exceed DTEK60, but its build quality should be more excellent.
    04-21-17 07:48 AM
    If you could sell it for $500, go for it. It has newer OS, has better battery life and also maybe performance. And it has a PKB!

Performance may not exceed DTEK60, but its build quality should be more excellent.
    The new OS is supposed to be coming for the Priv too. My phone also has PKB which I use all the time. Performance is not entirely confirmed that will be better. For now the only pros I've got is the better battery life I wish there was more than that
    04-21-17 08:00 AM
    I don't know who told you it's not an upgrade, but it is...In like every way.
    04-21-17 08:07 AM
    Only smaller screen I would not consider as an upgrade
    04-21-17 08:18 AM
    I don't know who told you it's not an upgrade, but it is...In like every way.
    Could you please explain how? According to what I've read, it will have the same old specs from a phone released 2 years ago
    04-21-17 08:19 AM
    Could you please explain how? According to what I've read, it will have the same old specs from a phone released 2 years ago
    It doesn't have the same old specs it has totally new specs. The PRIV ran on a very inefficient Snapdragon 808 processor. It was often buggy, slow, and it would heat up substantially. The camera was mediocre, the front facing camera was horrendous, and the physical keyboard was crammed and mushy.

The KEYone has the newer 625 chipset. Although it's not the highest end in 2017, like the 808 was supposed to be with the PRIV, (they still had the option of going with the 810 and chose not to), the KEYone will perform better than the PRIV without a doubt. The camera sensor will be great, it has a much improved keyboard, and it has nougat out of the box. Oh and an FM radio . *Mic dropped*
    04-21-17 08:26 AM
    - Better camera
    - better CPU (no heating, power efficient, still super fast)
    - better software optimization (no lagging and loading forever)
    - better front camera
    - brighter IPS LCD screen with better outdoor viewability
    - bigger battery
    - fingerprint reader
    - FM Radio
    - USB Type C

Did I miss something or are these enough specs that differentiate from the PRIV released 2 years ago?
    sirk25 likes this.
    04-21-17 08:27 AM
    I can sell my Priv in my country for $500
    What country? And how do you sell it, online? or to an oblivious friend who doesn't know what the new price currently is LOL.
    I have a hard time believing that you could find someone who will buy your second-hand Priv for $500,00.
    Resale value in Germany/Holland is ONLY 250,00-300,00 Euros (= USD 267,00-321,00) TOPS, since new price is: 429,00 Euros (=USD 459,00). So your second hand phone would be 40 dollars more than a new phone where I'm located LOL. I'm gonna send you my phone so you can earn me $500,00 LOL.
    04-21-17 08:31 AM
    I bought mine at Black Friday for 320€ and will sell it for around 250€. Sounds fair to me.
    04-21-17 08:33 AM
    If you really can sell your Priv for $500, I say go for it. The KEYone, in my opinion, is an upgrade overall because many consider the Priv to be BB's "beta-test" into the Android OS. The KEYone is their 4th device (5th if you count the Aurora), meaning by this time they've gotten to know more about the OS in relation to their signature apps and UI.
    Oh yeah, the KEYone will also have better cameras.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 08:38 AM
    I bought mine at Black Friday for 320€ and will sell it for around 250€. Sounds fair to me.
    EUR 320,00?! That was Black Friday sale @ Mediamarkt/Saturn/Amazon.de, right?? Lucky you!!
    Any early adopter (like myself) will hit the curb BADLY having paid EUR 690,00 for it at launch!!!!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...asing-1047224/
    Seeing the online secondhand prices that Privs are being sold for already brings tears to my eyes wallet. It will get worse once the KeyOne will be released. The thing though is, that TCL/BB is totally unreliable re: the release date. I remember wanting to sell it mid-late march because of what they announced, now, wouldn't THAT have been a bad idea in hindsight. I would've needed to buy a new smartphone for the time between early April and.....probably an uncertain JUNE/JULY before this thing will finally be available in mainland EU. I do not buy the 5 May claims AT ALL; pre-orders pages that mention that release date will push back the date again (like is already done by some UK vendor).
    04-21-17 08:46 AM
    Sell it for the $500 either way. Then buy a new one for $299 in the US and pocket $201 and you have a brand new PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    bluesqueen23 and Mirko935 like this.
    04-21-17 08:59 AM
    04-21-17 08:59 AM
    Sell it for the $500 either way. Then buy a new one for $299 in the US and pocket $201 and you have a brand new PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    That's actually true lmao!
    04-21-17 09:04 AM
    What country? And how do you sell it, online? or to an oblivious friend who doesn't know what the new price currently is LOL.
    I have a hard time believing that you could find someone who will buy your second-hand Priv for $500,00.
    Resale value in Germany/Holland is ONLY 250,00-300,00 Euros (= USD 267,00-321,00) TOPS, since new price is: 429,00 Euros (=USD 459,00). So your second hand phone would be 40 dollars more than a new phone where I'm located LOL. I'm gonna send you my phone so you can earn me $500,00 LOL.
    Online lol. In my country the import fees and taxes are ridiculous so here an iPhone 7 for example costs around $1200. I used to travel all the time and bring phones to make a huge profit, however they've realized people were doing this so now when you arrive on the airport you can only bring a single phone so it's not really profitable anymore. Via mailing/post you cannot import a single phone, not even if you want to pay taxes or fees. It's ridiculous! Only people with importing license can import phones, and like I said paying ridiculous fees
    04-21-17 09:05 AM
    It doesn't have the same old specs it has totally new specs. The PRIV ran on a very inefficient Snapdragon 808 processor. It was often buggy, slow, and it would heat up substantially. The camera was mediocre, the front facing camera was horrendous, and the physical keyboard was crammed and mushy.

The KEYone has the newer 625 chipset. Although it's not the highest end in 2017, like the 808 was supposed to be with the PRIV, (they still had the option of going with the 810 and chose not to), the KEYone will perform better than the PRIV without a doubt. The camera sensor will be great, it has a much improved keyboard, and it has nougat out of the box. Oh and an FM radio . *Mic dropped*
    Interesting info. I appreciate it
    04-21-17 09:10 AM
    - Better camera
    - better CPU (no heating, power efficient, still super fast)
    - better software optimization (no lagging and loading forever)
    - better front camera
    - brighter IPS LCD screen with better outdoor viewability
    - bigger battery
    - fingerprint reader
    - FM Radio
    - USB Type C

Did I miss something or are these enough specs that differentiate from the PRIV released 2 years ago?
    Thanks for the nice list. I will get this into consideration. You guys are helping me a lot with my decision
    04-21-17 09:11 AM
    Priv is getting 7 Nougat as well, supposedly
    Imnot holding my breath on that
    04-21-17 09:36 AM

See I like the pkb on my priv and mine rarely heats up. I don't use the camera much but it's not horrible. See there's 2 sides to every story
    04-21-17 09:38 AM
    You shouldn't sell the Priv, you should melt it and pretend it never happened. The only phone to ever make me stray from BlackBerry and now I am stick with an onscreen keyboard ion the OnePlus 3 until 5th May, been worst time ever!
    04-21-17 09:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    This
    04-21-17 09:40 AM
47 12