Any metal can mark or 'scuff' but ordinary use shouldn't mark either an aluminum alloy or steel alloy frame. That said, I wouldn't pocket either unprotected with sharp-edged metallic objects.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 11:02 AM
    some aluminum (7xxx series or 6xxx series) are relatively strong, similar strength compare to the stainless steel, but much lower density (weight less). Of course, there is Mg that even better. The gauge of the sheet also matters as well as the form factor. Over all design and material selection should be a whole sell package, siingle out one material, like it posted few month back, OLED vs LCD, glass types, etc. are not valid comparison. IMHO. Tensile Strength Properties of Aluminum and Stainless Steel
    04-17-17 07:12 PM
    Tensile strength is one of the lesser issues in this situation.
    04-17-17 10:02 PM
    04-18-17 07:19 AM
    Tensile strength is resistance to pulling forces. The main concerns here are going to be density, shear strength and deflection. i think Titanium would be the ideal candidate for frame material, no?
    04-18-17 10:36 PM
    Tensile strength is resistance to pulling forces. The main concerns here are going to be density, shear strength and deflection. i think Titanium would be the ideal candidate for frame material, no?
    Ideal but expensive!

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-18-17 11:28 PM
    I have been screaming about titanium for four years. Nobody listens.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-19-17 08:34 AM
    i like that, don't want to get geesed... i could get the tempered glass but carry my airplane naked instead... any advice for an airplane holster?
    Wai, wai, wait... Let's keep this discussion on task guys...

....So what you're saying is that if I have a hard case on my airplane, it will more likely crack the case on impact protecting the plane instead of a soft case which would then pass over the shock, depending on severity of said impact of course, onto the plane thereby potentially shattering the windshield and scuffing the aluminum frame?

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-19-17 08:57 AM
    Wai, wai, wait... Let's keep this discussion on task guys...

....So what you're saying is that if I have a hard case on my airplane, it will more likely crack the case on impact protecting the plane instead of a soft case which would then pass over the shock, depending on severity of said impact of course, onto the plane thereby potentially shattering the windshield and scuffing the aluminum frame?

Posted via CB10
    There are several things to consider... is your airplane waterproof or just water resistant? If it is waterproof then you can take a dive to the toilet (if your bottom rear is big enough) but if yours is only water resistant then your seats are going to get wet...

If your airplane is only water resistant then you should consider getting a case that is waterproof... Regarding what kind of case, then as it has been explained in this thread, your airplane could have some dents or scratches, but it's unlikely to chip... If you are considering selling it later in the marketplace, better to get a case...

something else to consider is the fact that we haven't heard from BlackBerry Mobile about a release date for the airplaneone, and to be honest, we need it now, and you could have to keep your airplane longer until the actual release...

Finally, screen protector or tempered glass is your call, I like tempered glass but typically when I am on my plane I almost never touch the windows from outside (you know, decompression and all)...

Hope it helps!
    04-19-17 11:01 AM
    you can always use nitinol - super elasticity alloy for frame if you have deep pocket. if price is no object, there are many more selection you can let your imagination run wild.
    04-20-17 09:27 AM
35 12