04-25-17 09:41 PM
39 12
tools
    My S7 edge was a beast! Literally at 45% after a hard full days use. I'm suprised to hear this
    I charge it overnight, use it a bit in the morning and charge it to 100% again in the car on my way into the office, I get there at 9:30. By the time I leave at 4 it's at 50% if I'm lucky and I haven't even really used my device. This is with display brightness low etc. So I have to charge it in the car on way home, Mayne it gets to 80%. Before I go to bed it's below 20%.

Brutal.

Im hoping the KEYone I can just charge it over night and it will last me for the whole day till I go to sleep again.
    04-21-17 08:31 PM
    My Classic can go two, sometimes three days.
    04-21-17 08:55 PM
    Mine did too. Could be because there wasnt much you can do on it aside of phone and messaging.
    04-21-17 10:20 PM
    Nope, unless pkb is important to you.
    Your s7 will get update support a lot longer.

be realistic.
    04-22-17 03:17 AM
    My Z30 can go 4-7 days. It is mainly mails-driver though. Basically almost no Apps and just for calling, messages and Hub.
    04-22-17 03:45 AM
    My S7 edge was a beast! Literally at 45% after a hard full days use. I'm suprised to hear this
    I am using a S7 myself. I think it's the best phone I have ever used, great camera, speed, UI performance etc... While I understand that this is a Crackberry forum, I still find it hard to believe that some of the so called owners of either S7s find this phone "slow" or "a battery hog".....Mind if I ask which Android phones out there is currently better?

Anyways back to OP question. I do believe it's a downgrade if you are planning to play some games or using heavy media features...But if youre just using it for social apps/emailing etc, I don't believe you will find and notable differences..

I myself will buy the keyone and also keep the s7 just in case
    04-22-17 09:15 AM
    So I have an s7, but I really miss the feeling of being addictive to a phone with pkb. The KeyOne got my attention and I kept visiting the forum just to read more about it.

Even though I'm so excited, looking at the specs sometimes I just feel that it's a downgrade.

What do you think guys?
    Depends on what you value.

Go and try a KEYone when they are available in store and use it next to your S7, and see what you prefer.
    04-22-17 02:24 PM
    Not an upgrade/downgrade, a change-grade.

It's like going from a sports car to a diesel hatchback, both serving very different functions. The Samsung is zippy, performs nicely at most tasks, but does it inefficiently with less than stunning battery performance bogged down by Samsung's bloaty software. This can of course be changed and souped up by rooting or getting different launchers.

The KEYone doesn't have the V8 that the Sammy has, with a smaller screen, slower processor, possibly worse camera software, and less RAM, so It's not going to win any benchmarks like the Samsung can. On the other hand, that slower processor is more efficient, it has a cleverly efficient keyboard, a better and lighter Android skin with pop up widgets/shortcuts, DTEK 'security', and a larger battery.

What do you want from your phone or car? Utility and efficiency, or speed and performance?
    04-22-17 06:11 PM
    I wouldn't say it's an upgrade but you want keyone for physical keyboard. Even though camera sensor is same as google pixel, not sure if TCL/Blackberry can optimize the camera software. Some said S7 camera is better than Google pixel so it's more of user preference.

Keyone wins vs S7:

1. Battery Life
    2. PKB
    3. Monthly Security if Samsung decided not to update monthly security as they promised lol

Conclusion: Let not compare blackberry with Samsung please I love blackberry but I have respect for Samsung phones.
    04-22-17 06:16 PM
    If you can go up to 3 day swith classic, Keyone will probably go 5-6 days for you Classic only last a day for me average but snapdragon 625 phones gives me like 2 days battery for me.
    04-22-17 06:21 PM
    Get the keyone. If you didn't like it get the s8 instead.
    04-23-17 01:51 AM
    I am using a S7 myself. I think it's the best phone I have ever used, great camera, speed, UI performance etc... While I understand that this is a Crackberry forum, I still find it hard to believe that some of the so called owners of either S7s find this phone "slow" or "a battery hog".....Mind if I ask which Android phones out there is currently better?

Anyways back to OP question. I do believe it's a downgrade if you are planning to play some games or using heavy media features...But if youre just using it for social apps/emailing etc, I don't believe you will find and notable differences..

I myself will buy the keyone and also keep the s7 just in case
    I also own the s7 and even though the battery is nothing compared to my passport, it hasn't been bad at all. I get through a day of quite heavy usage, usually with around 40% or so left. But with fast charge battery life isn't that big of a deal to me anymore.

The s7 is an amazing phone hands down, as the keyone will be in its own way.
    04-24-17 01:48 AM
    The battery life alone would be a major upgrade.
    04-24-17 11:14 PM
    So I have an s7, but I really miss the feeling of being addictive to a phone with pkb. The KeyOne got my attention and I kept visiting the forum just to read more about it.

Even though I'm so excited, looking at the specs sometimes I just feel that it's a downgrade.

What do you think guys?
    No. It's a lateral move. That S7 Edge is much more future proof than the KEYone imo and is, hardware wise, in another stratosphere compared to the KEYone.

MST, fast wireless charging, AMOLED.

But the keyboard is a massive differentiator so it depends on how important it is to YOU. You'll be losing quite a bit if you use your S7 Edge to it's potential.
    04-25-17 09:41 PM
39 12