So I have an s7, but I really miss the feeling of being addictive to a phone with pkb. The KeyOne got my attention and I kept visiting the forum just to read more about it.

Even though I'm so excited, looking at the specs sometimes I just feel that it's a downgrade.

What do you think guys?
    04-20-17 08:28 PM
    You should get better battery life and the keyboard is a niceee feature. The Samsung UI skinning drags down performance for me and the 625 has been running smooth on other phones so I'd say you won't notice much of a speed difference. Looks like an upgrade to me, even the camera is equal or better (Never thought I'd say that about a BlackBerry)! Oh, yeah... And you will get updates way faster than Samsung releases. Newer Android version with Nougat 7.1 and monthly security updates.
    04-20-17 08:35 PM
    Specs mean little to nothing these days and are just a way to sell phones to people who think they matter. Samsung phones need higher specs to compensate for all the bloat and dual services they run.

Judge them based on real world usage and not on specs. All phones have some sort of return policy so try the KEYone and if the real world usage does not met your needs then send it back for a refund..
    04-20-17 08:54 PM
    I have the S7 Edge and will be upgrading to the KEYone, For me this S7 Edge has terrible battery life and it's super slow! I can't wait to get it in Canada, hopefully not too long now.
    04-20-17 09:12 PM
    It's an upgrade for sure.

KEYone has a keyboard.
    04-20-17 09:13 PM
    I have the S7 Edge and will be upgrading to the KEYone, For me this S7 Edge has terrible battery life and it's super slow! I can't wait to get it in Canada, hopefully not too long now.
    👀
    04-20-17 10:26 PM

What do you think guys?
    I'm currently on an S7E, and share your concern. I love a lot about this phone, there are so many great software features and it so damn sleek (yet still pales in comparison to the s8). I also miss the pkb and am planning on getting the KEYone then moving to the note 8, but secretly I'm hoping to just love the KEYone.
    04-20-17 10:34 PM
    Never, you only have to compare the specs. The only reason for the K1 is the pqb.
    04-21-17 12:17 AM
    So I have an s7, but I really miss the feeling of being addictive to a phone with pkb. The KeyOne got my attention and I kept visiting the forum just to read more about it.

Even though I'm so excited, looking at the specs sometimes I just feel that it's a downgrade.

What do you think guys?
    Certainly not an upgrade in my opinion but if a pkb is important to you then you'll have a great experience.
    04-21-17 01:09 AM
    I have an S7 as well and running the Hub+ Suite. While it works well, I miss the keyboard and the near stock experience of the BlackBerry Android version. Can't get rid of the Samsung bloat ware apps and updates are so slow by Samsung.

I consider the KEYone as a definite upgrade to the S7.
    JeromeM likes this.
    04-21-17 01:09 AM
    No way

via Passport OG
    04-21-17 01:18 AM
    I have an S7 as well and running the Hub+ Suite. While it works well, I miss the keyboard and the near stock experience of the BlackBerry Android version. Can't get rid of the Samsung bloat ware apps and updates are so slow by Samsung.

I consider the KEYone as a definite upgrade to the S7.
    A friendly reminder you can get the fabulous BlackBerry keyboard app through Cobalt's solution. It's one of the first things I did on my J3.

As for the OP, he should do what Nike says and "just do it" and buy the KEYone. I think he'd be a happy Android owner with everything that device can offer overall now.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    04-21-17 01:22 AM
    I don't mind the speed much actually, I mean if I have to wait one or two more seconds to open an app it's fine. This second won't kill me I guess. I'm not a gamer too. So I will usually use the phone for social media.

Thanks for the replies, definitely helped
    04-21-17 03:47 AM

What do you think guys?
    It is a downgrade unless you find the PKB really useful.

Besides:
    Samsung phones have tendencies to get slower after 1 or 2 years. Any experiences with BlackBerry Droid, anyone?
    04-21-17 04:00 AM
    Thanks, I have been running the Cobalt BlackBerry Manager software as well giving me the BlackBerry keyboard experience. In the past I have also owned the Q10, Z30 , Classic and Priv. Didn't like the Priv 's keyboard, found it awkward to use. Still have my classic as a spare phone though.
    04-21-17 04:23 AM
    Imo specs don't matter unless your doing graphic intensive gaming . For most of us the keyone spec will be more than sufficient. And the physical keyboard combined with excellent battery life should make it an awesome device
    04-21-17 05:36 AM
    In specs not so much, but battery lifetime and camera some. But s7 is still enough to run all kind of android apps. So if you like to use keyboard and battery lifetime you could consider to buy one.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 05:44 AM
    How we can consider upgrade, if nobody even played with Key one at least a week. I am also using s7 edge with the hub and other bb features.
    Thinking about upgrade but probably to s8, I really do not believe to TLC blackberry hybrid.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 07:03 AM
    Probably a side-grade?

Camera I guarantee won't be an upgrade, no matter the sensor - BlackBerry just doesn't have the right team on that.

Keyboard, battery life - upgrades.

Screen, processing speed for media, etc - debatable.

Size - debatable.

Yea it's a side-grade

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-21-17 07:47 AM
    I really wish the camera will be great. I do use my snapchat a lot . so the camera is something i will need daily. the photos on instagram looks great tbh. just wondering about the selfie camera, no one talked about it yet
    04-21-17 08:22 AM
    If I had an S7 at this point, I'd wait for all the KEYone reviews first, including those "the BlackBerry ______ after __ weeks/months" type of reviews. If the KEYone won't be laggy and buggy or have any other serious issues, that's the time I'll evaluate my need for a PKB..

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 08:45 AM

What do you think guys?
    It depends on what you value about using your phone. If you're a spec warrior worried about measuring your **** size with your friends, definitely don't get the KEYone. But if how you interface with your phone matters to you and you do prefer a pkb, then the KEYone should offer you a more enjoyable experience despite the lower specs. But if you care about how you interface with your phone and you are accustomed to the vkb, then stick to the S7 or get a S8.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-21-17 08:49 AM
    It depends on what you value about using your phone. If you're a spec warrior worried about measuring your **** size with your friends, definitely don't get the KEYone. But if how you interface with your phone matters to you and you do prefer a pkb, then the KEYone should offer you a more enjoyable experience despite the lower specs. But if you care about how you interface with your phone and you are accustomed to the vkb, then stick to the S7 or get a S8.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    That's about the best way to put it!!

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    04-21-17 09:00 AM
    I would really wait for reviews and opinions first. Especially from bb users.

I just hope they dont pull a BB move and release a better version or something else more worthy after 6 months once everyone puts in their $ for this one.
    04-21-17 09:16 AM
    My S7 edge was a beast! Literally at 45% after a hard full days use. I'm suprised to hear this
    04-21-17 08:25 PM
41 12