How is this going to work for no contract? Do you have to sign up for a plan even at the $649 price?
    05-18-17 10:11 AM
    How is this going to work for no contract? Do you have to sign up for a plan even at the $649 price?
    No but will be locked to Rogers. But who cares if that is carrier of choice anyway. But no contract.
    05-18-17 10:13 AM
    Just ordered from Rogers. It mentions it's 64 gb and silver. Hope that's not a typo, $679 no term.
    Yeah they finally fixed it, now says 32GB
    05-18-17 10:14 AM
    No but will be locked to Rogers. But who cares if that is carrier of choice anyway. But no contract.
    When I try to reserve it it says to pick a plan
    05-18-17 10:16 AM
    Same situation as you. I don't want to be with Rogers.
    05-18-17 10:19 AM
    When I try to reserve it it says to pick a plan
    You may have to call or go to a Rogers Plus corporate store. This is assuming you already use Rogers as your carrier you can buy on no contract. If it's locked to Rogers you have to use Rogers if you want to buy no contract. For example, Month to Month is considered no contract
    05-18-17 10:20 AM
    You may have to call or go to a Rogers Plus corporate store. This is assuming you already use Rogers as your carrier you can buy on no contract.
    Well never mind, I just reserved it for $40 and will pick it up at the store. The rogers FAQ says that I can pay for no term pricing
    05-18-17 10:22 AM
    Well never mind, I just reserved it for $40 and will pick it up at the store. The rogers FAQ says that I can pay for no term pricing
    Same I'm #65 in line!
    05-18-17 11:16 AM
    Same I'm #65 in line!
    This is great news for all you Rogers customers! I hope you all get your KEYones on May 31!

Your "I'm #65 !" reminds of the BB10 launch where all of us had or pre-orders in the Rogers reservation system and announcing our place in line for the Z10! There was so much and excitement around the BB community at that time and I'm glad to see that returning.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    05-18-17 11:33 AM
    This is great news for all you Rogers customers! I hope you all get your KEYones on May 31!

Your "I'm #65 !" reminds of the BB10 launch where all of us had or pre-orders in the Rogers reservation system and announcing our place in line for the Z10! There was so much and excitement around the BB community at that time and I'm glad to see that returning.
    I was reminded of this too when Z10 launched!
    05-18-17 02:15 PM
    you have to move the slider option to "NO PLAN"
    05-18-17 02:51 PM
    Same I'm #65 in line!
    I'm doing the same , shipping to store and buying it out fully. I;m currently #14
    05-18-17 02:53 PM
    I'm doing the same , shipping to store and buying it out fully. I;m currently #14
    I'm right in front of you in line buddy. #13 !
    bps88 likes this.
    05-18-17 02:56 PM
    Is this how much has been sold today? 65?
    05-18-17 02:56 PM
    I had called Rogers to ask some questions about upgrading at 3pm. The rep on the phone said most of his calls today have been about the KEYone.
    05-18-17 03:07 PM
    I had called Rogers to ask some questions about upgrading at 3pm. The rep on the phone said most of his calls today have been about the KEYone.
    So he only handled like 7 calls that day?? ;-)

I'm joking. :-P
    05-19-17 09:42 AM
    I went into a few Rogers stores yesterday, and TCL or Blackberry didn't communicate with anybody about the KEYone. One manager told me "I didn't even know when the Pre-Sale began" LOL. I was looking for a display unit, but none of the stores had them or even know if they were getting any, regardless of what the Rogers Help twitter told me the day before. I'm assuming they'll get some units for display next week. A good thing the manager told me is that, a lot of people were looking for the phone, so he hopes its a hit. But the way TCL & Blackberry are handling the launch, it could be disastrous, as some of you put it.

It's just crazy to me that they haven't figured it out, and I want to get my hands on one before I upgrade. But that was my experience yesterday. I'm downtown Toronto pretty much all week, so I'll be stalking around to see if the stores get any units, but man, the miscommunication could bury them again.
    05-19-17 11:02 AM
    I'm on the website (Rogers) and it says $0 as a pre-order for a 2 year plan ONLY if you pick a new plan, but limited quantities. If you keep your existing plan, it's $199
    05-19-17 11:08 AM
    I asked Rogers on Facebook if they would be selling unlocked KEYones and rep said he didn't know. "Hi, unfortunately we currently don't have any details on whether Rogers will be selling an unlocked Blackberry KEYone." So he didn't pooh pooh the concept totally.

Addendum: He did pooh pooh the concept when he wrote a second message. "We did receive the launch details recently, but nothing indicated that the device would be sold factory unlocked. My best guess would be that the KEYone is going to be carrier locked to Rogers."
    05-19-17 11:38 AM
    When I went in and spoke with a rep about the keynote they didn't even know about the pre order until the same morning when it showed up in their system. Also I was told by the manager that blackberry got rid of all of their reps so they never get any news or highly doubt they will even get a test unit.
    05-19-17 12:35 PM
    I asked Rogers on Facebook if they would be selling unlocked KEYones and rep said he didn't know. "Hi, unfortunately we currently don't have any details on whether Rogers will be selling an unlocked Blackberry KEYone." So he didn't pooh pooh the concept totally.

Addendum: He did pooh pooh the concept when he wrote a second message. "We did receive the launch details recently, but nothing indicated that the device would be sold factory unlocked. My best guess would be that the KEYone is going to be carrier locked to Rogers."
    No carrier will ever sell you a factory unlocked device. If that is what you are looking for, Rogers isn't who you should be asking.
    05-19-17 12:56 PM
    When I went in and spoke with a rep about the keynote they didn't even know about the pre order until the same morning when it showed up in their system. Also I was told by the manager that blackberry got rid of all of their reps so they never get any news or highly doubt they will even get a test unit.
    He is also confused as this isn't BlackBerry handling this launch. It's TCL under the banner BlackBerry Mobile.
    05-19-17 12:57 PM
    He is also confused as this isn't BlackBerry handling this launch. It's TCL under the banner BlackBerry Mobile.
    There is a whole bunch of confusion about this...i see many people on Twitter asking BBMobile about Nougat on the Priv, and other questions which have nothing to do with BlackBerry Mobile
    05-23-17 12:16 AM
    No carrier will ever sell you a factory unlocked device. If that is what you are looking for, Rogers isn't who you should be asking.
    Unless it's a Nexus/Pixel device - or a cellular-equipped iPad
    05-23-17 01:27 AM
    I'm #9 in line to pick up in store
    05-23-17 04:58 AM
126 ... 3456