I'm praying this will have an RGB LED and not just a red / white one.

Do we know?
    01-16-17 02:31 PM
    I can bet it will be red only.
    01-16-17 02:36 PM
    I hope not or I will most get it lol
    01-16-17 02:38 PM
    I can bet it will be red only.
    Why on earth would they do that.

CB10 on my Classic
    01-16-17 03:14 PM
    Well they did that with the DTEK 50 and 60 so it's a concern
    01-16-17 03:17 PM
    Was not aware of that. My wife has the Priv and it still has rgb led... Well let's wait and see.

CB10 on my Classic
    01-16-17 04:47 PM
    I honestly thought I would care more about this and maybe I will when the functionality is gone but this definitely isn't a deal breaker for me. I run PRIV right now and have a different color for Wife texting me and work/personal email accounts so I will definitely know if I'm bothered or not.
    01-16-17 05:24 PM
    Well, the Dtek 50 and 60 used existing TCL hardware as a base, and just changed the back.

The Mercury was designed by BlackBerry, so hopefully they included an RGB LED (and it's related driver chip) as part of the specification requirements.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 05:33 PM
    Sorry, replied to my own post by accident.
    01-16-17 05:34 PM
    multi colour LED means it matches one crucial part of blackberry 10 functionality. making the upgrade path obvious.
    01-16-17 05:47 PM
    I will be an early buyer regardless, but having rgb would certainly be the icing on the cake.
    xs27 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    01-16-17 05:56 PM
    But those were just rebranded phones, this was actually designed by BB...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-16-17 06:03 PM
    I really like the RGB notifications. Simple, but so good,

Rather than contact specific I use different colours for different apps, but the app used tends to say who is getting in touch
    werkregen likes this.
    01-16-17 07:41 PM
    multi colour LED means it matches one crucial part of blackberry 10 functionality. making the upgrade path obvious.
    Yeah.....no.

Samsung Galaxy phones have an RGB notification LED too. You think those will somehow get BB10 as well?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 01:07 AM
    Why do people care so much about this?
    01-17-17 01:20 AM
    Yeah.....no.

Samsung Galaxy phones have an RGB notification LED too. You think those will somehow get BB10 as well?

Posted via CB10
    I'm fairly sure the poster you quoted meant upgrade path from a BB10 device to Mercury.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 01:40 AM
    I'm fairly sure the poster you quoted meant upgrade path from a BB10 device to Mercury.

Posted via CB10
    If that's what was meant, then my mistake.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 02:01 AM
    For me, it's because it enhances my user experience. Adds much more functionality to a device that is crucial to me 24/7. For instance, if I see a purple light flashing it's Facebook and it can wait. If I see a blue light flashing, it's a text from my kids and I'm on it. Red light, Gmail. Orange light, BBM.

It's just very nice to have and for those of us who are long time BlackBerry users, it's ingrained into us.
    01-17-17 04:35 AM
    I honestly thought I would care more about this and maybe I will when the functionality is gone but this definitely isn't a deal breaker for me. I run PRIV right now and have a different color for Wife texting me and work/personal email accounts so I will definitely know if I'm bothered or not.
    This. I use my phone on silent and rely on the colors for action
    01-17-17 06:40 AM
    If you have your phone on silent or vibrate all day, the colored leds are vital.
    01-17-17 07:59 AM
    I am hoping that it is RGB as well and that the intensity of the light is as bright as it was on my Classic or legacy BB devices. I had the Priv for a few days and the LED was barely visible. Same thing on the Samsung S7...
    01-17-17 08:58 AM
    For me, it's because it enhances my user experience. Adds much more functionality to a device that is crucial to me 24/7. For instance, if I see a purple light flashing it's Facebook and it can wait. If I see a blue light flashing, it's a text from my kids and I'm on it. Red light, Gmail. Orange light, BBM.

It's just very nice to have and for those of us who are long time BlackBerry users, it's ingrained into us.
    What he said...!!
    01-17-17 09:15 AM
    BB designed this one so maybe it will?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 11:15 AM
    I know some will say who cares no big deal but it's not only something I use but I've had it on all my phones for the last 5 years.

Why go backwards in terms of expectations just will suck because I actually want a keyboarded mid type phone
    01-17-17 12:05 PM
    If you have your phone on silent or vibrate all day, the colored leds are vital.

To each his own, I guess. I feel like there are certain diehards on here who wouldn't buy it just because it doesn't have an RGB light, but beggars can't be choosers.
    01-17-17 12:28 PM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD