Below is the response from TCL via email on Amazon. The question was are the keyones shipping out have the new and improved screens. Looks like it's safe to purchase one again hurray!

Hi,

The devices that had the issue with the screen was our first batch of phones that we sold for our initial launch of the Keyone. We have sold out of our first batch of phones and made improvements on our latest devices.
    FF22, AZN, PALoeza and 1 others like this.
    07-24-17 07:09 PM
    This is a worthless statement unless they are willing to tell us the serial number cutoff of the "first batch" vs the subsequent batches
    mister2d, Carl Estes and elfabio80 like this.
    07-24-17 08:31 PM
    This is a worthless statement unless they are willing to tell us the serial number cutoff of the "first batch" vs the subsequent batches
    It's not a general recall, as most first batch units are unaffected. If you have an issue, they will quickly deal with it as above.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    07-24-17 08:35 PM
    This is a business device for me. If I know my phone was produced in later batches I am willing to keep using it.

If, however, my phone was built in the first batch with a higher likelihood of a defect, i would like to know that now so i can make a proactive decision about returning it. For nearly $600 I expect a reliable device. It's a PITA to reset the phone, replace it, and setup the screen, etc. Just tell me where I stand and i will make the appropriate decision for me.

And as i've said before, if the ribbon breaks I can't clean the phone before returning it. So just tell us where we stand so we can make our own decisions.
    Diceyann likes this.
    07-24-17 08:48 PM
    This is a business device for me. If I know my phone was produced in later batches I am willing to keep using it.

If, however, my phone was built in the first batch with a higher likelihood of a defect, i would like to know that now so i can make a proactive decision about returning it. For nearly $600 I expect a reliable device. It's a PITA to reset the phone, replace it, and setup the screen, etc. Just tell me where I stand and i will make the appropriate decision for me.

And as i've said before, if the ribbon breaks I can't clean the phone before returning it. So just tell us where we stand so we can make our own decisions.
    They won't take it back anyway unless it's broken.
    07-24-17 09:06 PM

Well - you have all the information needed in my mind, I don't think you need TCL to tell you what to do.

If you have a launch device - you can decide for yourself.

1) most of them are unaffected (so why bother with improvements??? I never got that one /s)

2) it's a matter of time - not like it's never happened before. The LG G4 had a bootloop issue that was practically a question of when. To me, the launch K1's are in the same situation.

It's not that hard really. You can join the posters in that thread "my k1 is still going strong" or you can take the other view. I don't think you need TCL to tell you.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    hjc73734 and crackberry_geek like this.
    07-24-17 09:40 PM
    1) most of them are unaffected (so why bother with improvements??? I never got that one /s)
    It could have been a manufacturing method that simply allowed for a higher than normal failure rate, and was not caught by QC. It doesn't mean every batch one device is doomed.
    07-24-17 09:58 PM
    It could have been a manufacturing method that simply allowed for a higher than normal failure rate, and was not caught by QC. It doesn't mean every batch one device is doomed.
    I belive all 1st batch phones will have screen lift.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    07-24-17 10:58 PM
    I belive all 1st batch phones will have screen lift.
    Based on what?
    wincyUt and GPuba like this.
    07-24-17 11:17 PM
    My personal experience with BB Mobile support and Protel plus reading in between the lines on the forum and the podcast.
    Time will tell.
    07-25-17 01:34 AM
    My personal experience with BB Mobile support and Protel plus reading in between the lines on the forum and the podcast.
    Time will tell.
    What about the ones CBK launched off the roof of his car and tossed up in the air?
    07-25-17 06:16 AM
    My KEYone arrived the first week in July via Amazon. How do I know if it was first batch or a subsequent batch? It wasn't the first batch from Amazon If i knew it was first batch from the manufacturer then i would send it back to Amazon for the 30 day refund and use a different device for the next several months until I see how this plays out. There are too many reports of defects to ignore IMO so just tell us at what serials # the manufacturing process was improved.

However, setting up a business phone is a lot of work that I've already put into the KEYone so I'm willing to take my changes if it's a subsequent run after the defect was fixed.
    07-25-17 06:25 AM
    Below is the response from TCL via email on Amazon. The question was are the keyones shipping out have the new and improved screens. Looks like it's safe to purchase one again hurray!

Hi,

The devices that had the issue with the screen was our first batch of phones that we sold for our initial launch of the Keyone. We have sold out of our first batch of phones and made improvements on our latest devices.
    Who's gonna believe this anyway??
    hjc73734 likes this.
    07-25-17 06:49 AM
    What about the ones CBK launched off the roof of his car and tossed up in the air?
    I think it's heat rather than impact.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-25-17 07:31 AM
    I think it's heat rather than impact.
    Mine popped off during a 4 hour charge!
    07-25-17 07:36 AM
    I am willing to believe them. Would be very bad business practises otherwise.. but hey maybe I am naive..

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-25-17 08:51 AM

Hi,

This statement is just as good as: "your call is import to us, please standby "
    FF22 and elfabio80 like this.
    07-25-17 09:04 AM
    I am willing to believe them. Would be very bad business practises otherwise.. but hey maybe I am naive..

Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily. There's naïve but there's also cynical. In between there's reasonable.
    07-25-17 09:08 AM
    Based on what?
    His personal belief. It's a new religion.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-25-17 11:25 AM
    Not necessarily. There's naïve but there's also cynical. In between there's reasonable.
    Not much of that in these forums. It's either "There are no problems! They are all perfect!" to "They are all bad, everyone will fail!"
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    07-25-17 11:27 AM
    Ordered mine on 31 May. No screen lift - in fact no issue at all.
    07-25-17 12:20 PM
    If you're worried, just return and rebuy if you still can.

If can't do an easy refund and you're worried and it hasn't lifted yet, clean wipe your phone data, use a heat gun and pry tool, lift the screen yourself. Then claim the warranty.
    07-25-17 12:58 PM
    Technology ain't perfect; there are no 100% perfectly manufactured phones out there.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-25-17 01:56 PM

If can't do an easy refund and you're worried and it hasn't lifted yet, clean wipe your phone data, use a heat gun and pry tool, lift the screen yourself. Then claim the warranty.
    Okay you are joking right?
    07-25-17 02:30 PM
    Explain what you mean by this?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    booker1953 likes this.
    07-25-17 03:11 PM
45 12