A glowing review from one of the UK's most-read tech website.

I can add I am really enjoying using my KeyOne, great work Blackberry/TCL.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...ion_24hr_test/
    04-28-17 08:29 AM
    Good to see

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 08:35 AM
    Now if they only release a follow up version next year with improved visuals and refreshed specs to keep it going. They have to right? I hope they don't follow BB in that area.
    04-28-17 08:45 AM
    That's a great article.
    And not just because it is praising the KEYone.
    I'll listen to anyones opinion, if it is a valid one from someone who has spent quality time with the device and has one to test.

This guy clearly likes what he's seeing and I feel the same.

The camera samples he gave are incredible. The level of details is very, very impressive when the focus is on.

Thanks for posting.
    04-28-17 08:47 AM
    This is my favorite quote and should be quoted as much as possible elsewhere. Hey BlackBerry Mobile...what beer would you choose?

"Google should deliver a huge crate of beer to TCL and BlackBerry for making Android interesting again, in a sea of generic rectangles."
    Xeak likes this.
    04-28-17 08:47 AM
    Interesting that the reviewer says it's not a one-handed device as that doesn't seem to be most users' experience so far.

Anyway, pretty enthusiastic about the keyboard which is, er, key.

Posted via CB10
    EndRacism likes this.
    04-28-17 08:57 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Cant wait to get one!! LOL
    04-28-17 09:22 AM
    If I can use the Passport with one hand, I can use the KEYone as one lol

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 09:24 AM
    Depends on how big your hands are!
    04-28-17 10:25 AM
    A glowing review from one of the UK's most-read tech website.

I can add I am really enjoying using my KeyOne, great work Blackberry/TCL.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...ion_24hr_test/
    Which year?, 2018?. Lucky you that got one. If it is going to be released on May 31 in Canada and USA we'll get it for Christmas in Spain...
    04-28-17 11:58 AM
    Well he made an interesting point. Why can't we use the keypad for sliding down the notification tray? Like pixel does with its fingerprint sensor?
    04-28-17 12:16 PM
    If I can use the Passport with one hand, I can use the KEYone as one lol

Posted via CB10
    If you can use a Passport one-handed you can use the KEYone with half a hand... lol

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-28-17 12:39 PM
    Well he made an interesting point. Why can't we use the keypad for sliding down the notification tray? Like pixel does with its fingerprint sensor?
    Would be really nice actually...

04-28-17 12:40 PM
    Would be really nice actually...

Would be nice to be able to do it with the priv as well
    yvpan1 likes this.
    04-28-17 01:07 PM
    This is my favorite quote and should be quoted as much as possible elsewhere. Hey BlackBerry Mobile...what beer would you choose?

"Google should deliver a huge crate of beer to TCL and BlackBerry for making Android interesting again, in a sea of generic rectangles."
    Something like this? It is hard cider but richly infused with blackberry. Take on the world. Rogue ale in Southern Oregon makes a true blackberry beer but it is hard to find in the stores. (Kind of like the KEYᵒⁿᵉ lol.
    Attached Thumbnails The Register: "Well, hot-diggity-damn, BlackBerry's KEYone is smartphone of the year"-img_20170414_2147362-3.jpg  
    04-28-17 01:26 PM
    Something like this? It is hard cider but richly infused with blackberry. Take on the world. Rogue ale in Southern Oregon makes a true blackberry beer but it is hard to find in the stores. (Kind of like the KEYᵒⁿᵉ lol.
    Another option.
    Attached Thumbnails The Register: "Well, hot-diggity-damn, BlackBerry's KEYone is smartphone of the year"-img_20170405_2306245-3.jpg  
    04-28-17 01:38 PM
    Good review and it's good to see some of the folks out there saying good things about the brand again.
    04-28-17 01:44 PM
    Nice to see positive and genuine review. Yes, keyboard is an asset to this device. It can do wonders actually if properly designed.

BB should come up with some idea like some framework to integrate the extended functionality of the keyboard with any of the 3rd party android apps. It should be something like a suite which can be plugged into any android app.

For example, using that suite I should be able to compose tweet by clicking C, search for tweets by clicking S, check messages by clicking M etc.
    04-28-17 01:56 PM
    Why does he say at the end, "You can quibble that technically this isn't a "true BlackBerry" for various reasons: it isn't a one-handed device,", when many have already said it is a one-handed device, easy to hold and use with one hand, or is that another quirky Brit saying?
    04-28-17 02:11 PM
    Why does he say at the end, "You can quibble that technically this isn't a "true BlackBerry" for various reasons: it isn't a one-handed device,", when many have already said it is a one-handed device, easy to hold and use with one hand, or is that another quirky Brit saying?
    Maybe he doesn't find it comfortable to use one-handed and assumed others feel the same way.

04-28-17 02:13 PM
    That was a good read.
    04-28-17 02:41 PM
    Many thanks, everyone. I wrote that piece. Fire away with any questions or quibbles, here or at El Reg.

- Andrew
    04-28-17 02:43 PM
    Many thanks, everyone. I wrote that piece. Fire away with any questions or quibbles, here or at El Reg.

- Andrew
    Could you kindly send me your device so I could review it too?

In any case , would you daily this phone ?
    lynxs_claw and AndrewOrlowski like this.
    04-28-17 02:48 PM
    I wrote that piece. Fire away with any questions or quibbles, here or at El Reg.
    Thanks for giving the K1 a fair look. Did you find the glossy keys to be slippery? You seem to prefer matte.
    04-28-17 02:52 PM
    Interesting that the reviewer says it's not a one-handed device as that doesn't seem to be most users' experience so far.

Anyway, pretty enthusiastic about the keyboard which is, er, key.

Posted via CB10
    Same here, I thought that maybe it was another odd British saying! Many other from show said it was a great one handed device!
    04-28-17 02:52 PM
47 12