I've seen many complaints from people who just don't seem to get it and I thought that I would try to explain some of them. Ill try to be brief so here are a couple points I pricing and specs

--Pricing--

1. Blackberry is a Canadian company and has to pay Canadian salaries instead of companies like Oneplus, LG and Samsung who pay much cheaper Korean and Chinese salaries.

2. The difference in pricing between snapdragon 820 and 625 is a very small amount.

3. You also have to factor in that adding a physical touch sensitive keyboard costs a lot more than just having a full screen. A screen is basically just a piece of glass and doesn't cost a great amount to expand, a keyboard is made up of a lot of parts and requires lots of research that doesn't come cheap.

--Specs--

1. Ram: This phone is for business people not playing games. A higher amount of ram is simply not needed for the target audience of the phone who will be writing emails and texting not playing high definition 3D games all day.

2. Processor: For a business person the 625 will be the same if not better than the 820. If you are using a phone for business, you simply don't need the speed difference and the battery saving of the 625 is a bonus.

3. Screen: I know it's getting repetitive but do you think that a business person cause how high definition their email is? No. It's as simple as that.

4. Waterproofing: there is absolutely no way this phone could be waterproof. The keyboard would simply not be able to be waterproofed.

TL;DR: This phone is for business not gaming and has an incredible keyboard which will be amazing for anyone wanting to type out an email. If you don't think the price or specs are right than this phone ne isn't for you.

I hope that you understand a bit better now and I would love to see what you think so please leave a reply. Thanks, Space
    jakie55 and Nathan Conley like this.
    02-25-17 04:47 PM
    Well said. I couldn't agree more

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 04:56 PM
    This phone isn't made by BlackBerry, Ltd, so the Canadian payrolls are no longer an excuse. TCL pays BB a royalty for each phone sold, but these phones are produced, priced, distributed by TCL now. They're a Chinese company.

BB have already said that the license fees are at 90% margin, so again BB costs in Canada are not a factor in the price.

The keyboard, though, probably is costly.

I'm fine with the price as long as the fit and finish are up to a good standard.
    02-25-17 04:57 PM
    So, are people supposed to figure in BlackBerry's costs, etc. when they compare this to the competition or do they just buy what gives them the most value?
    sidtek50 likes this.
    02-25-17 05:00 PM
    This phone isn't made by BlackBerry, Ltd, so the Canadian payrolls are no longer an excuse. TCL pays BB a royalty for each phone sold, but these phones are produced, priced, distributed by TCL now. They're a Chinese company.
    This is true for future phones and hopefully they will be cheaper for that reason. But the software is still done in Canada and for this phone and only this one the hardware was designed by BlackBerry and TCL so still partly Canadian. While this isn't a big thing and I do agree with you it is part Chinese, it still does add cost that say Oneplus doesn't have.
    02-25-17 05:04 PM