*twit mode on*

Rant here.... lol

New phone and the new cost(s)...
    Blackberry Merc = $$$$
    having to buy NEW Accessories that nobody seems to take into consideration +++++$$$$$$$$

Switched from BB Q10 to a BB DTEK50.... Could even use the old case I had (surprisingly as it was snug enough)
    Could use the Q10 DOCKING STATION for my bedside on the Priv and the DTEK50... but not the 60 (Thus saving money not having to buy a new one)

New Phone... USB Type C.... = New Docking station .... ++$$$$
    Purchase extra USB Cables for the car, the office... + God knows what else you may need a handy cable for...
    or Purchasing a new Car Charger - if you don't already have a splitter with USB ports in it already

/end of being a twit lol

A buddy of mine also wants to get one as well, he'd be switching from a BB Classic and kinda has the same sentiment but oh well lol
    fanq105 likes this.
    02-07-17 05:40 PM
    That's how it goes with all smartphone makers. Progress requires change. At least you've made it this long.
    shahyaz, john_v and bbnrs like this.
    02-07-17 05:48 PM
    hey, at least you can still use your favorite headset with the old 2.5mm jack, the same can't be said for a certain other type of fruit phone
    tekware likes this.
    02-07-17 07:17 PM
    you must of really hated it when USB-A took over your comp.
    lasoiveille likes this.
    02-07-17 07:29 PM
    hey, at least you can still use your favorite headset with the old 2.5mm jack, the same can't be said for a certain other type of fruit phone
    2.5mm jack? You kept that since your old Nokia??
    02-07-17 07:31 PM
    Micro USB really needed to die. The good news is that USB C has enough support that it should be the standard for many years to come.
    02-07-17 07:33 PM
    Micro USB really needed to die. The good news is that USB C has enough support that it should be the standard for many years to come.
    Couldn't agree more.
    02-07-17 07:33 PM
    *3.5mm
    02-07-17 07:40 PM
    *3.5mm
    I think it's 1/4"
    02-07-17 07:44 PM
    *3.5mm
    I stand corrected..... It's 3.5mm, not 2.5.
    Coincidentally, I do have and still am using my trusty jabba 2.5mm head set! I made a 3.5mm splitter for it and use it for my laptop. Works great for VoIP and light gaming.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    02-08-17 12:41 AM
    *twit mode on*

Rant here.... lol

New phone and the new cost(s)...
    Blackberry Merc = $$$$
    having to buy NEW Accessories that nobody seems to take into consideration +++++$$$$$$$$

Switched from BB Q10 to a BB DTEK50.... Could even use the old case I had (surprisingly as it was snug enough)
    Could use the Q10 DOCKING STATION for my bedside on the Priv and the DTEK50... but not the 60 (Thus saving money not having to buy a new one)

New Phone... USB Type C.... = New Docking station .... ++$$$$
    Purchase extra USB Cables for the car, the office... + God knows what else you may need a handy cable for...
    or Purchasing a new Car Charger - if you don't already have a splitter with USB ports in it already

/end of being a twit lol

A buddy of mine also wants to get one as well, he'd be switching from a BB Classic and kinda has the same sentiment but oh well lol
    I have an easy solution for your "problem". Don't buy a new phone.

Seriously.

Don't buy it.

Cause I don't want to see you coming back here and ranting about the Mercury. It doesn't deserve it.
    02-08-17 01:38 AM
    Doesn't affect me at all. I'm in the UK and we use £'s, not $ thank god. Obviously a regional issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 01:47 AM
    And here I expected real complaints. What a let down.
    02-08-17 02:39 AM
    And here I expected real complaints. What a let down.
    Where's 10.3.4???
    02-08-17 04:19 AM
    Doesn't affect me at all. I'm in the UK and we use £'s, not $ thank god. Obviously a regional issue.

Posted via CB10
    They might be putting up a wall to keep the $$$s in ;-)
    02-08-17 05:49 AM
    Comes with the territory..

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 06:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Ok, that made me laugh first thing this morning, hehe
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-08-17 06:22 AM
    I'm kinda speechless. Complaining about something that has been around and existing for quite sometime. At least they, manufacturers, no longer all have proprietary chargers and have for the most part all accepted the USB-A or now the USB-C.
    02-08-17 06:45 AM
    Going to spend $500 US on a phone (or thereabouts) and you're worried about spending money on accessories?

Maybe TCL takes a page from BlackBerry... maybe they'll do some Phone & Accessory bundles....

Either way technology changes...
    02-08-17 11:18 AM
    3.5 and yes you can, adapter comes in the box.
    02-08-17 11:28 AM
    @OP
    If you go out and buy the accessories now, then purchasing the new Mercury to use with them might not feel like you've wasted your money on the accessories. I mean, how cool is that? The new phone will work with all your old stuff.
    nglfmark likes this.
    02-08-17 11:33 AM
    dont you remember when every phone had a different effing charging cable. I'd rather go through the cable swap once every several phones then once every single damn phone. cases and docks are sorta expected to be switched if you ask me.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    02-08-17 11:51 AM
    OP has to draw the line somewhere - Fight the power!
    Or, he must really enjoy fumbling for the "up" position of his micro usb connectors in the dark.
    02-08-17 11:57 AM
    Alrighty then, you should switch to Apple.
    02-08-17 12:33 PM
    Alrighty then, you should switch to Apple.
    Even worse. Lol
    02-08-17 12:34 PM
88 123 ...