I'm still on the fence. A little more on the side of not getting the K1 than the other. Not because of everyone else's reason of "poor communication" and delays and all that mess. It's over the screen size and speaker. I have a DTek60. I was an iPhone user for years, coming off a BBPearl to give apple a try. I love the front facing speakers and the quality they are. I also love the screen size. And I understand 100% the reasoning for the screen size. I was willing to let that go, but when I learned that the speaker was one mono bottom facing speaker I was like...meh.... I love Android, and BB...that's a big reason I wanted this phone. Cause it would cause a lot of people to vomit in their mouth (apple users) that I A. had an android device and B. it was a BB. Ha....so who knows...Maybe I will get it, or jsut hang on to see what the K2 brings.
    05-19-17 03:29 PM
    I wonder how they convinced TCL to take the risk with BlackBerry branded device designed with cut off screen and lackluster specs... they will take the ship down with the weight of the unsold inventory...
    05-19-17 03:29 PM
    They understand and don't care. You and everyone that is PO'd are rounding error compared to what carriers bring to future plans. BlackBerry already proved US and Canada are not even close to being ready for direct sold devices from a profitability standpoint. Get over it or buy something else that makes you feel better. You're attempting teaching a lesson to a party ,TCL, who helped right the lesson to begin with.
    umm calm down dude. I did say I understand that business is business, if that was the case.
    05-19-17 03:36 PM
    you did. you said supply chains were too much for them to handle and they don't have the economies of scale even though they're not trying to produce iPhone levels of product. Unless you work for TCL, it's all assumptions.

Go back and read your posts.
    Yep, you got me. I'm guilty of both assumptions:

1) Economies of scale: I am assuming that they are not producing 100M phones like Samsung or Apple.

2) Supply Chain: I am assuming that TCL doesn't secretly own retail stores like Apple that we don't know about or have secret deals with major carriers and retailers committed to featuring their phones like Samsung and Apple.

I can't tell if you're just arguing for fun or if you actually don't understand what a supply chain is.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-19-17 03:37 PM
    you got me. I'm arguing for fun.
    05-19-17 03:39 PM
    I'm still on the fence. A little more on the side of not getting the K1 than the other. Not because of everyone else's reason of "poor communication" and delays and all that mess. It's over the screen size and speaker. I have a DTek60. I was an iPhone user for years, coming off a BBPearl to give apple a try. I love the front facing speakers and the quality they are. I also love the screen size. And I understand 100% the reasoning for the screen size. I was willing to let that go, but when I learned that the speaker was one mono bottom facing speaker I was like...meh.... I love Android, and BB...that's a big reason I wanted this phone. Cause it would cause a lot of people to vomit in their mouth (apple users) that I A. had an android device and B. it was a BB. Ha....so who knows...Maybe I will get it, or jsut hang on to see what the K2 brings.
    I had no idea stereo speakers on phones were so important. I've never listened to music via my phone's (any phone's) speaker(s). People really do that?
    05-19-17 05:51 PM
    Yeah. If you work in the music industry like I do, that actually comes in to play more than you think. You get sent a song or a clip to watch/listen to. You don't always have access to put on headphones and listen.
    But it's mainly for videos and stuff. I'm not an avid viral video *****, but when I do watch a video I want the sound quality to be there.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-19-17 05:57 PM
    How do you ensure that you receive it by May 31st? They wouldn't just pick the last day of May in an attempt to make believe that they're keeping their word on a May release, right?
    05-19-17 06:24 PM
    I had no idea stereo speakers on phones were so important. I've never listened to music via my phone's (any phone's) speaker(s). People really do that?
    Ride public transit... Smartphones are the new boom boxes
    mister2d likes this.
    05-19-17 06:24 PM
    How do you ensure that you receive it by May 31st? They wouldn't just pick the last day of May in an attempt to make believe that they're keeping their word on a May release, right?
    May 31st is June 1st in my eyes smh lol BBMobile is a joke

Posted via CB10
    hjc73734 and lionhearted like this.
    05-19-17 07:04 PM
    On March 31st, after already launching the phone on February 25th, Steve Cistulli tweeted that the U.S. and Canadian KEYone launches will be "in May." Am sure he'll ensure that people are able to receive it in May. Wouldn't make sense to launch a phone twice.
    05-19-17 07:13 PM
    I wonder how they convinced TCL to take the risk with BlackBerry branded device designed with cut off screen and lackluster specs... they will take the ship down with the weight of the unsold inventory...
    TCL is very rich company! Even keyone fails, it won't affect TCL much.
    05-19-17 07:15 PM
    There are entire movie made by smartphones. Sound effects music editing included.

Posted via CB10
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-19-17 08:27 PM
    Guys relax. The phone is "delayed" for business reasons. BBRY quarter ends on May 31st, they want (almost) all of the revenue from this launch to be reflected on the NEXT quarter earnings.

This has nothing to do with "supply chain" issues. Its part of the business when you're a public company with every ER under intense scrutiny. Yes customers matter, but every CEO's top priority is to appease shareholders. Sad but true.
    Bingo!
    lionhearted and Nathan Conley like this.
    05-19-17 08:39 PM
    Sure, they're doing everything possible while hoping to not alienate carriers. How many devices should they make of a VERY niche product. No US carriers wanted DTEKs, so I don't see them jumping on KEYone without hard sales data from UK and Canada first. Carrier in Canada demanded exclusive for two weeks in order to carry. You don't really believe TCL has any leverage in Western carriers do you?
    Yep, unfortunately. Burned a few times they have. They will come around quickly in USA if successful elsewhere first.
    05-19-17 08:42 PM
    Yeah. If you work in the music industry like I do, that actually comes in to play more than you think. You get sent a song or a clip to watch/listen to. You don't always have access to put on headphones and listen.
    But it's mainly for videos and stuff. I'm not an avid viral video *****, but when I do watch a video I want the sound quality to be there.
    I work in the biz and listen / watch stuff all day long - you know it's a good mix if it sounds decent on a phone speaker.
    05-19-17 08:52 PM
    you got me. I'm arguing for fun.
    OK. Cool. :-)

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-20-17 08:16 AM
    Ride public transit... Smartphones are the new boom boxes
    literally laughing my *** off. I see this crap all the time!!!

It certainly is when you want to watch a quick video, etc. since I've had it on my iphone 7 plus I don't think I could go back. especially when I'm trying to listen to a voicemail or talking on speakerphone in a loud room it makes a huge difference.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-20-17 09:46 AM
    The longer I consider the KeyOne, the more I have come to realize that my ideal phone is my Priv (OLED, big display) with a better PKB, split-screen from Nougat, better performance, and better battery life. All things that are within reach of where BB was with the Priv. The OLED screen on the Priv just seems much nicer than the LCD on the KeyOne. It looks terrible in review videos when compared to the Priv.

Funny thing is I would have probably ordered a KeyOne if the phone was available to purchase when the Mr. Mobile review came out.
    05-20-17 06:18 PM
    Funny, I am an early adopter. I might have considered k1 a while back since I depend upon PKB and it is the only game in town. I am writing this on Passport as my Priv is on the way back from repair of the USB. I have no need for fingerprint reader as I do not shop. I would like to have Nougat. The configuration of k1 with odd screen and specs that stand out by the huge battery I would guess compensates for the BlackBerry modifications of android manifested as overheating with attenuate power drain. If the k1 doesn't sell well, there may well be no further PKB phones; BlackBerry will have queered that market forevermore. A shame...
    05-20-17 06:33 PM
    The longer I consider the KeyOne, the more I have come to realize that my ideal phone is my Priv (OLED, big display) with a better PKB, split-screen from Nougat, better performance, and better battery life. All things that are within reach of where BB was with the Priv. The OLED screen on the Priv just seems much nicer than the LCD on the KeyOne. It looks terrible in review videos when compared to the Priv.

Funny thing is I would have probably ordered a KeyOne if the phone was available to purchase when the Mr. Mobile review came out.
    When you bring your priv to store and compare to the Keyone your mind will tell you different.. as I mentioned before, when you shot the video at tilting angle of 50 degree, the lcd brightness is not the greatest. Even with ips-lcd. It would be better compare at normal viewing angle+/- 10 degrees. IMHO

Posted via CB10
    05-20-17 06:34 PM
    Uh...." You don't always have access to put on headphones and listen." Funny thing to say. If you're in that industry.... Yeah .... Why wouldn't you always have access to headphones?
    06-01-17 10:12 PM
    They're expensive and fragile and easy to lose... they stay home ‎
    06-01-17 11:00 PM
    Uh...." You don't always have access to put on headphones and listen." Funny thing to say. If you're in that industry.... Yeah .... Why wouldn't you always have access to headphones?
    I know. LOL I was laughing so hard the whole time I was tying that cause it was sooooo funny.
    It's the music industry, not the headphone industry. I know there are a lot of people out there who constantly have ear buds in. When they're walking, driving, at the table with their friends and family, at church asleep..... There are also some of us that don't.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-02-17 01:20 PM
    Maybe you could carry Bluetooth earbuds with you to pop into your ear(s). If you want a recommendation send me a private message.
    06-02-17 02:25 PM
251 ... 891011