No I dont have a video... that is the problem Im hoping someone who has a Keyone can help us all with.

There are a lot of forums and discussions here on which phone is better at what hypothetically but I think its time for someone who has both phones in possession to do an in depth comparison of the two phones (speed test, camera, benchmark, audi etc).

Im sure there are plenty of people who have possession of both phones (a lot of cb users / admins etc who talk about it constantly) and Im sure there are tons of people trying to decide between the two phones.

What better way to do this, aside from trying out both phones, then to have a good comparison video.

Hopefully this thread will bring some positive insights, keep the negative people out, and maybe, just maybe, a nice comparison video
    03-06-17 06:16 PM
    It's not time yet. Check back later.
    03-06-17 06:21 PM
    I was going to mention you as one of the people having both phones but didn't want to put any pressure on you lol.
    03-06-17 06:23 PM
    No one who has been entrusted with a pre-production K1 is going to provide any further definitive information until it is officially released.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 03-06-17 at 07:55 PM.
    03-06-17 07:12 PM
    In due time....
    03-06-17 07:22 PM
    There is a character to describe if something is a question. It's called "question mark" and looks like this: ?

Copy and paste it into your thread title to make it work.

Good luck.
    03-07-17 12:31 PM
    Checking back now lol
    05-10-17 12:59 AM
    Waiting
    05-13-17 01:01 AM
    There is a character to describe if something is a question. It's called "question mark" and looks like this: ?

Copy and paste it into your thread title to make it work.

Good luck.
    Your social life must be great. Good luck in life lol
    05-13-17 01:03 AM
    Your social life must be great. Good luck in life lol
    What's with the attitude, sport? He's right. You start a topic here and deliberately omit the question mark to get people to open the thread thinking it contains a Priv vs KeyOne video. And then irritate people by starting the first sentence with: "No I don't have a video..." and thus knowing very well that the thread title was implying otherwise.
    05-13-17 05:47 AM
    I have both. But I generally film my videos on the priv.

Mainly just private ones on bb10 for workplace training.

But I did use the priv to try and give colleagues a grasp of the possibilities of how to rebuild our app for android.

That said keyone is better or on par in pretty much every way. Except for display and swipe gestures are missing from the keyone, so are most advanced interactions. Pretty annoying but the fingerprint scanner makes it bearable. Am still hoping for swipe gestures, advanced interactions and custom hub view hotkey/convenience key shortcuts.
    Last edited by mikeydodds; 05-13-17 at 07:03 AM.
    05-13-17 06:11 AM
    No I dont have a video... that is the problem Im hoping someone who has a Keyone can help us all with.
    Coming from the PRIV and got my KEYone since tuesday. All I can say is that the KEYone is better in every regard.

Display is brighter, keyboard is better, handling is easier, no heat issues, better cameras, awesome build quality.

There is no reason to prefer the PRIV over the KEYone.

There are a lot of forums and discussions here on which phone is better at what hypothetically but I think its time for someone who has both phones in possession to do an in depth comparison of the two phones (speed test, camera, benchmark, audi etc).

Im sure there are plenty of people who have possession of both phones (a lot of cb users / admins etc who talk about it constantly) and Im sure there are tons of people trying to decide between the two phones.

What better way to do this, aside from trying out both phones, then to have a good comparison video.

Hopefully this thread will bring some positive insights, keep the negative people out, and maybe, just maybe, a nice comparison video
    05-13-17 06:48 AM
    This video seems perfect

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-14-17 09:17 AM
    This video seems perfect

Posted via CB10
    Thank you that was a good one
    05-14-17 11:37 AM
    Priv didn't do too bad I don't think. I was expecting worse. Probably half a second difference in opening most apps.
    05-14-17 01:13 PM
    Im also wondering how much of the difference is due to one running "M" and the other "N"
    05-14-17 02:32 PM
    I agree. Only thing that concerns me is the battery life of Priv. That is probably a huge difference considering the devices cpu

BlackBerry Z30
    05-14-17 02:36 PM
    This is also what I thought. But considering that Keyone is using a "mid-range" processor rather than the high-end one of the Priv, it is still an impressive performance.

I didn't think that it would do much better than the Priv, I thought Priv would be faster, or maybe equal in performance. But keyone really destroys Priv in the test. I'm using priv now, and I noticed some lags and hiccups of performance. The performance really could have been better on the Priv. So when I pre-ordered Keyone, performance was my biggest concern because everyone said that it was using a worse processor than the Priv. Now I am glad that I don't cancel my preorder and order an S8 instead! (although it comes so late I'm in Germany, was told that it would be released on the 4th of May, but it hasn't arrived until this day, feelsbadman). This video really destroys my doubt. Now I'm sure that Keyone is the best phone for me!
    05-14-17 06:40 PM
    This video seems perfect

Posted via CB10
    How is it possible the priv got destroyed in that speed test ??? The key 1 looks blazing fast, please confirm
    05-14-17 10:51 PM
    How is it possible the priv got destroyed in that speed test ??? The key 1 looks blazing fast, please confirm
    It's very much possible and was very much expected as the Priv was using a flawed processor and BlackBerry had not been able to optimise Android that well back then.
    Not sure what more confirmation are you looking for?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-17 11:13 AM
    It's very much possible and was very much expected as the Priv was using a flawed processor and BlackBerry had not been able to optimise Android that well back then.
    Not sure what more confirmation are you looking for?

Posted via CB10
    So when neugut is released, is it safe to say that it will drastically improve the performance of the priv?
    05-15-17 10:04 PM
    So when neugut is released, is it safe to say that it will drastically improve the performance of the priv?
    No the Priv has a flawed overheating processor. It gets throttled anytime it overheats.

You won't see dramatic improvements. A little bit maybe.
    05-15-17 11:15 PM
    No the Priv has a flawed overheating processor. It gets throttled anytime it overheats.

You won't see dramatic improvements. A little bit maybe.
    For what reason would they have put this chip set in the priv? Did they not run tests ? Guessing nogut will improve things noticeably eh ?
    05-20-17 04:05 PM