This is exactly why I'm thinking. The Mercury doesn't really feel like an upgrade from the PRIV for me personally, and I'm not interested in giving up screen space. I understand the PRIV keyboard won't be as good but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
    The only advantage I see is that the Mercury *might* have a slightly wider keyboard, although perhaps not.... they might be about the same size. The fingerprint scanner is a nice benefit. As far as the performance is concerned, I'm not sure that the difference will be that great when Nougat comes out.... or even with the current Marshmallow.

I personally love the Priv slider mechanism. Best of both worlds. PKB when you want it, VKB when you want it. Big screen great for watching movies on a long trip.
    01-07-17 12:54 PM
    Misread, sorry, pal!
    I know my comment happen to be after yours, but I was just saying in general and was not "inspired" by your comment(s).

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-07-17 03:17 PM
    I agree, just depends on true specs and actual keyboard usage.
    01-07-17 05:55 PM
    Finally someone compared the size of the Mercury with the PRIV. I REALLY like it. It's smaller width will help handling the device one handed.

Looking forward to buy it!

Attachment 415422
    Attachment 415424

The screen is so effing small!
    I will stick with my priv and get a Dtek50 when it it dead.
    01-13-17 06:57 AM
    The screen is so effing small!
    I will stick with my priv and get a Dtek50 when it it dead.
    Good thing my vision is good...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-13-17 11:22 AM
    Finally someone compared the size of the Mercury with the PRIV. I REALLY like it. It's smaller width will help handling the device one handed.

Looking forward to buy it!

Attachment 415422
    Attachment 415424

Great comparison.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 11:25 AM
    The only advantage I see is that the Mercury *might* have a slightly wider keyboard, although perhaps not.... they might be about the same size. The fingerprint scanner is a nice benefit. As far as the performance is concerned, I'm not sure that the difference will be that great when Nougat comes out.... or even with the current Marshmallow.

I personally love the Priv slider mechanism. Best of both worlds. PKB when you want it, VKB when you want it. Big screen great for watching movies on a long trip.
    I only want PKB, best world for me

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 01:37 PM
    My priv could get me through the day with anywhere from 20 to 40% left depending on my use... I am back on the classic because I broke my priv's screen and power button lol (anyone selling a verizon priv? Lol)

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 08:22 AM
33 12