Anybody moving from the Priv to k1? Or you sticking with your Priv?
    04-11-17 03:07 AM
    I will (most likely) switch. Why? My Priv, being one from the first batches, has rather poor build quality, the unit is creaking, squeaking, the back can be easily pressed inside. Besides the screen already shows visible signs of AMOLED burns, something which won't happen with the KeyOne. Besides I'd prefer a more clickier keyboard. However I haven't made my final decission just yet. The K1 is a rather expensive device after all and, all flaws aside, the Priv still works well.
    04-11-17 03:25 AM
    I'm sticking with my Priv.

First and foremost, the retail price is too high for me.

Beyond that, the Priv has some smaller features I care about that the KeyOne lacks:

- Wireless charging
    - Optical Image Stabilization for the camera
    - Slider (I like the option of putting the physical keyboard away when I don't want it)
    - microUSB isn't a big one but it's nice right now since I have a bunch of devices and cables that still use it.

The KeyOne's higher efficiency, fingerprint reader, etc., smaller overall size and design make a compelling case but I won't be jumping for it, not for a while.
    04-11-17 04:31 AM
    Current active with Passport SE and PRIV. But will definitely get a KEYone. Feel it's an iconic device and after trying it in Barcelona launch felt so good. It's one of those devices that pictures don't do justice and when you have it in your hands and you try it you fall in love with it.
    04-11-17 05:28 AM
    Once my contract is up I'll most likely give it a go
    04-11-17 06:10 AM
    Battery, processor and better keyboard are the reason why I'll switch! Also currently it does not look likely that the Priv will get N and the current build is problematic at best!
    dakota403 likes this.
    04-11-17 06:19 AM
    Priv -> K1
    Reason: Battery on Priv does barely last 3h SoT and a full working day for me
    04-11-17 08:06 AM
    Priv -> K1
    Reason: Battery on Priv does barely last 3h SoT and a full working day for me
    My self getting avg 4.5 hours and have reached 5 of SoT. I gues it's all about configuration and how used.

Posted via CB10
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    04-11-17 08:50 AM
    Sold my Priv just before they got discounted. Good timing!
    Currently using my (free from work) iPhone, and definitely missing BB's take on Android.
    Will be getting a KEYone at launch.
    04-11-17 09:17 AM
    I just started into a 2 year contract on a PRIV and love the slider form factor, so will keep it.

I came from a Classic and don't know if the keyboard would be that much better to justify jumping.

Besides which, I am having to rebuild my basement after a flood, so don't think it's going to work to buy another phone ....
    04-11-17 09:23 AM
    I love my PRIV but not a fan of battery life. I have quick chargers everywhere so not a huge deal but want the K1 for battery and form factor.
    04-11-17 11:06 AM
    I love my PRIV but not a fan of battery life. I have quick chargers everywhere so not a huge deal but want the K1 for battery and form factor.
    There are several very good threads under the PRIV area that have some excellent tips for extending battery life.
    04-11-17 11:08 AM
    waiting till the mercury drops in price, hopefully by black friday, but defiantly planning on making the switch: not sure if they will make nougat for the priv,
    04-11-17 11:25 AM
    Gonna get me a Priv and a K1 by some time...both are great devices imo, but both are to expensive for me atm.
    04-11-17 11:30 AM
    There are several very good threads under the PRIV area that have some excellent tips for extending battery life.
    I've been through them and made changes for better battery life, ended up having to wipe my phone and never made changes again. The battery life was extended but not by much. I'm a heavy user, phone is off charger by 6am and hits 20% by noon. It's not a huge hassle as I can leave my phone in my car on a quick charger during one of my appointments and get plenty back to last me until I get home.

Battery life is a big reason I'm looking at the K1
    04-11-17 12:12 PM
    I've been through them and made changes for better battery life, ended up having to wipe my phone and never made changes again. The battery life was extended but not by much. I'm a heavy user, phone is off charger by 6am and hits 20% by noon. It's not a huge hassle as I can leave my phone in my car on a quick charger during one of my appointments and get plenty back to last me until I get home.

Battery life is a big reason I'm looking at the K1
    Wow. At least the phone is being used extensively. I myself regularly go all day unless I'm streaming something, which I don't do much.
    04-11-17 01:29 PM
    Wow. At least the phone is being used extensively. I myself regularly go all day unless I'm streaming something, which I don't do much.
    Yeah I absolutely love the device. Gotten used to the PKB (came from Classic) and love having the app availability. Outside B2B sales keep me on my device nearly the whole day.

I show it off whenever I can, talk about how much I love it and the upcoming K1 to whoever will listen.
    04-11-17 02:14 PM
    I will definitely make the switch.
    I prefer the form factor of the KEYone and I am sure that is going to have a much better physical keyboard.
    Looks like too that is going to have a much better battery life .
    Last but not least, I have the Priv for almost 18 months, so it's time to change it !
    04-11-17 02:21 PM
    No, I wont be making the switch. The biggest turn-off for me is the price. I don't earn very much per month and can't justify dropping £499 on the KEYOne. It's far, far too much of a risk. If it was £300-350, i'd likely buy it on day 1. Besides, what can it do that the Priv can't? It has a fingerprint scanner, but is that worth £499 to me? Nope.
    04-11-17 02:36 PM
    Keyone , better cameras, double the battery life, smaller form factor (bad and good) , price (doesn't concern me anyways) , better keyboard, processor , USB type c, nougat.

Those factors already are more than enough to switch.
    04-11-17 02:47 PM
    Love my priv but having a more standard physical keyboard along with better everything basically. The battery life capabilities have me salivating.
    04-11-17 03:01 PM
    I was going to get the Priv after this last delay but I said **** it and decided to wait. Someone on here talked me out of getting it

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 03:21 PM
    I already preordered my KEYone. I'll switch because:
    - Smaller form factor (overall narrower and rounded corners at the bottom)
    - Brighter IPS LCD display
    - No heat issues
    - Better build quality
    - Longer battery life
    - Better front camera
    - Fingerprint sensor

Can't wait to finally get it!
    04-11-17 03:48 PM
    My self getting avg 4.5 hours and have reached 5 of SoT. I gues it's all about configuration and how used.

Posted via CB10
    Had this since the first days of PRIV. Even with no additional apps, the battery comparably is bad. Was used to Passport SE before and that was way ahead with SoT.
    04-11-17 04:28 PM
    I'm over my PRIV. The battery and overheating... nuff said. But I've gotten used to typing on glass, so I'm torn between the KEYone and the DTEK60... just can't make up my mind, so I might get the DTEK60 once the KEYone is available and then trade it for the KEYone if I don't care for it... might just go to the dark side and do the Note8 when it's available... but that thought kills me!
    04-11-17 04:29 PM
64 123