I know it hasn't been too long since the keyone came out and some of you haven't had the chance to really test it out fully yet. But I'm seriously thinking of switching from the Priv which I had since November 2016, and as much as I love BlackBerry. This has been absolutely the sh*ttiest phone I've ever used. I know it's not a "true" BlackBerry like my Passport which I had for a little over 2 years and still is the best phone ever in my opinion. So it's a very bad experience with the Priv.
    Battery is insanely bad, never lasts a full day even. Get extremely hot, to the point where I can't use it anymore and some apps start to shut down automatically. And don't get me started about how slow it is. Though I did get used to Android fairly quickly but still miss some things about BB10.
    My question is, would you advise me to switch to the keyone ? It just looks so good, Android is better on it I heard. Battery is bigger and all of the bad things on the Priv are fixed.
    What do you think ?
    super_rigel likes this.
    06-23-17 01:04 PM
    As long as you can put up w/ the thought that you could possibly have a KeyOne where the screen may lift, I'd say go for it. I returned mine due to less than stellar call quality. Once they get that issue resolved, I'll purchase it again.
    andy957 likes this.
    06-23-17 01:45 PM
    As long as you can put up w/ the thought that you could possibly have a KeyOne where the screen may lift, I'd say go for it. I returned mine due to less than stellar call quality. Once they get that issue resolved, I'll purchase it again.
    Stop the fear-mongering. The BlackBerry KEYone is a fine smartphone if you like physical keyboards. The screen size is suitable for viewing videos including streaming television shows up in landscape orientation. The BlackBerry KEYone support Google Chromecast if that is your thing too.
    06-23-17 02:45 PM
    I switched from the Priv to the Keyone and have been very happy with it. Still use a passport se at work, but am excited about switching to the Keyone when our workplace app is done. Knew I wouldn't like the Priv that much due to the form facto but forced myself to go out of my comfort zone. That said i Prefered the priv to any other android/ios device just so long as I left it around the house/office with the keyboard exposed. it was buggy as hell upon release and improved a lot with updates, pity about the battery drain, slow shutter speed, square bottom edges and curved display. hate curved displays, way too fragile. Loved the glass weave. hope they bring it back.

Yes, stop the fear mongering.
    06-23-17 02:55 PM
    Stop the fear-mongering. The BlackBerry KEYone is a fine smartphone if you like physical keyboards. The screen size is suitable for viewing videos including streaming television shows up in landscape orientation. The BlackBerry KEYone support Google Chromecast if that is your thing too.
    No one said I was fear mongering. However, it is a concern. If the call quality on mine had been good, I would have kept it. I easily spend 4000 plus min on phone calls a month. So, I have to have great call quality as a first requirement. I loved the form factor of the KeyOne. As soon as I know the build quality is good and it will be fully integrated with Verizon, I'll be one of the first in line to buy it again. Until then, I'll continue to use my Priv.
    andy957 likes this.
    06-23-17 03:33 PM
    Keep your PRIV and purchase a KEYone so that you own the 2 best Android devices on the market as well as the 2 most special BlackBerry handsets ever.

You're already using the first BlackBerry powered by Android which is also the last "in house" BlackBerry ever built.

The KEYone is special because it's the last BlackBerry "in house" design but first physical qwerty BlackBerry ever built by TCL.

Keep them both and keep them mint.
    Mohamad Chehadeh likes this.
    06-23-17 03:38 PM
    I know it hasn't been too long since the keyone came out and some of you haven't had the chance to really test it out fully yet. But I'm seriously thinking of switching from the Priv which I had since November 2016, and as much as I love BlackBerry. This has been absolutely the sh*ttiest phone I've ever used. I know it's not a "true" BlackBerry like my Passport which I had for a little over 2 years and still is the best phone ever in my opinion. So it's a very bad experience with the Priv.
    Battery is insanely bad, never lasts a full day even. Get extremely hot, to the point where I can't use it anymore and some apps start to shut down automatically. And don't get me started about how slow it is. Though I did get used to Android fairly quickly but still miss some things about BB10.
    My question is, would you advise me to switch to the keyone ? It just looks so good, Android is better on it I heard. Battery is bigger and all of the bad things on the Priv are fixed.
    What do you think ?
    Sorry you're having issues with your Priv. I had mine for a year and still runs great. I upgraded to KeyOne and gave my Priv to a friend who is loving it.

I loved my Priv. Loved KeyOne even more.

Glad I upgraded but it wasn't because of any issues with the Priv
    06-23-17 03:40 PM
    Second this
    06-23-17 03:41 PM
    Changed from PRIV to KEYone, keyboard is much better!
    But I like classic more...
    Mohamad Chehadeh likes this.
    06-23-17 03:50 PM
    I had the Passport, the Priv and now the KeyOne. I say yes upgrade. The only things you may miss about the Priv is the bigger screen and the fact that the Priv has an Amoled screen. The colors "pop" more on Amoled but your eyes will adjust within a few days and you will find the KeyOne display is very good. Opening Google Maps was awful on the Priv but it's fast and fluid on the Keyone. The battery is a million times better on the KeyOne. The Priv had the worst battery in the history of batteries.
    06-23-17 04:00 PM
    KEYone is definitely an upgrade to PRIV, in my opinion. It's snappier and the battery is insane - both of which make it better to me. I especially love the fact that app installs and updates are very fast now compared to the PRIV, and I no longer carry a charger in my car because I'm not afraid I'll run out of juice before the end of the day. In fact, I don't even fully charge it at night like I used to the PRIV. As long as I'm above 50% I leave the house confident I'll make it home with charge. Plus, the keys have much more travel than the PRIV, so have a much better BlackBerry feel.
    daynebca likes this.
    06-23-17 05:02 PM
    I prefer the KeyONE over the Priv.
    06-24-17 09:53 PM
    I am also an ex owner of Passport and PRIV switched recently to the key one.
    definitely recommended, the keyboard is fantastic, the phone is very fast, never gets hot and the battery life is even better than the Passport.
    06-26-17 06:04 PM
    No one said I was fear mongering. However, it is a concern. If the call quality on mine had been good, I would have kept it. I easily spend 4000 plus min on phone calls a month. So, I have to have great call quality as a first requirement. I loved the form factor of the KeyOne. As soon as I know the build quality is good and it will be fully integrated with Verizon, I'll be one of the first in line to buy it again. Until then, I'll continue to use my Priv.
    I agree with you, bluesqueen. Rarely, if ever, do I watch a YT review or online written review of a smartphone (any manufacturer, any reviewer) that comments on phone call quality or speakerphone....something that BlackBerry has excelled at over the years. If the phone doesn't make good quality phone calls and have a strong signal (others have commented that it doesn't), then it's worthless to me. The camera, apps, etc. are nice but isn't it still a PHONE first and foremost?
    06-26-17 06:10 PM
    Sorry you're having issues with your Priv. I had mine for a year and still runs great. I upgraded to KeyOne and gave my Priv to a friend who is loving it.

I loved my Priv. Loved KeyOne even more.

Glad I upgraded but it wasn't because of any issues with the Priv
    Agreed. My BlackBerry PRIV is my backup to my BlackBerry KEYone now. The BlackBerry PRIV as a WiFi only device at present can serve as an "off the surveillance grid" device.
    06-26-17 06:17 PM
    What do you think ?
    If think the Priv was THAT bad then I suggest going to a more known name and brand that way you can at least feel like better initially. My PRIV was and still never like yours
    06-26-17 06:26 PM
    And that is what I'm waiting on. I'm hoping by next spring they will have everything working swell on Verizon. If they do at that point I will have had my priv for two years. From what I'm reading the keyone will do everything I need to do with a smartphone very well. It has to have good call reception and quality though
    06-26-17 06:28 PM
    Did you have a GSM or CDMA? I am wondering what the call quality and reception are like around Nashville.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 10:02 AM
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Priv. From looking on the forums, you're not alone. I'm a Priv owner who has had none of the issues you've experienced... with the small exception of the battery life. I would describe the battery as slightly anemic...not horrible, but not stellar. Everyone is different when it comes to phone usage, so battery life will vary from person to person. I can get through a whole day without recharging, but I usually stick my Priv on a charger once a day anyway.

I've never experienced the insane heat people talk about and the phone has actually improved with various updates.

Are you on Marshmallow? Are you receiving the monthly security updates for the OS?
    09-04-17 10:24 AM
    OP, I came from Priv to KEYone and yes what you heard is correct. The battery is vastly superior and android does run much smoother on the Keyone.
    09-04-17 10:27 AM
    What do you think ?
    I switched from PRIV to KEYone two weeks ago for many of the reasons you mentioned. I am happy with the switch. KEYone is better phone plus you have opportunity to get black edition with more RAM and storage.

KEYone battery , camera and performance is better. Also KEYone Does not get hot and it recharges faster than PRIV.

I am way more happy with KEYone than I ever was with PRIV.
    09-04-17 10:28 AM
    From my readings and research it seems that a lot, not all, of the problems with the Priv stem from the Snapdragon 808.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 11:40 AM
    Go for it! Most enjoyable phone Ive ever had (although it is my first BB). The keyboard is amazing once you get used to it. Faster typing, less typos, easier editing and all-around more confidence during input.

Pros:
    Fantastic keyboard
    Build quality is stellar. Dont let the vocal minority scare you off.
    Battery is the best Ive had since Nokia 3310.
    Great BB-Android integration
    Design and feel is top notch.

Cons:
    One speaker (mono)
    Screen ratio not ideal for watching movies
    Screen brightness couldve been a bit higher (+ on battery)
    Not the latest processor (+ on battery)
    No water resistance
    No wireless charging capability
    09-04-17 02:03 PM
    Go for it! Most enjoyable phone Ive ever had (although it is my first BB). The keyboard is amazing once you get used to it. Faster typing, less typos, easier editing and all-around more confidence during input.

Pros:
    Fantastic keyboard
    Build quality is stellar. Dont let the vocal minority scare you off.
    Battery is the best Ive had since Nokia 3310.
    Great BB-Android integration
    Design and feel is top notch.

Cons:
    One speaker (mono)
    Screen ratio not ideal for watching movies
    Screen brightness couldve been a bit higher (+ on battery)
    Not the latest processor (+ on battery)
    No water resistance
    No wireless charging capability
    Try to turn off adaptive brightness. Once I did that, the screen is actually very bright. Have to keep brightness down at 20%.
    09-04-17 02:44 PM
    Try to turn off adaptive brightness. Once I did that, the screen is actually very bright. Have to keep brightness down at 20%.
    I should clarify: I find it too dim when outside only.
    Ive also done some testing and found that the manual brightness is actually capped at a lower brightness than the adaptive setting at max.
    So, being outside with the adaptive brightness turned on, it is actually 5-10% brighter than at full manual brightness.
    Even so, I find it somewhat too dim for comfy outdoor use.

But for indoor use Ive got no complaints. I even make good use of the Twilight app for late evening and night time use.
    09-04-17 04:03 PM
32 12