04-25-17 09:27 PM
111 ... 345
tools
    I'm hitting Selfridges London first thing on the 27th to settle this once and for all. Will post the scene on here!!

Posted via CB10
    So jealous! I would love to be there! Will be looking out for your pics.

8700» 8310» 9700» 9900» Q10» KEYone (May 5?)
    04-21-17 07:22 PM
    I don't know if it was a standard CPW email, but I took it that they were maybe setting themselves up for it not being available on the 5th
    I suppose that it is out of stock until the 5th, it'll then be sent out.
    04-22-17 03:26 AM
    I work for CPW part time during the weekend to subsidise my weekday full time job.
    Just had a look on our systems and found the KEYone for preorder. We've also had the comms through in the new phone section of our homepage with all the details. It says arriving 5th May so that is definitely true.

The device will be in stores on the 5th by looks of it, providing there is enough stock. Might be one those where there are no stock in smaller stores.

Not too long left to wait guys.
    04-22-17 09:58 AM
    I work for CPW part time during the weekend to subsidise my weekday full time job.
    Just had a look on our systems and found the KEYone for preorder. We've also had the comms through in the new phone section of our homepage with all the details. It says arriving 5th May so that is definitely true.

The device will be in stores on the 5th by looks of it, providing there is enough stock. Might be one those where there are no stock in smaller stores.

Cheers for the update
    Aneres11 likes this.
    04-22-17 10:53 AM

Dude can you get any definitive word on the Selfridges launch? I don’t want to be walking out of there on the 27th with just my **** in my hand

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 03:04 PM
    Dude can you get any definitive word on the Selfridges launch? I don’t want to be walking out of there on the 27th with just my **** in my hand

Posted via CB10
    Sadly not no.
    There's nothing on my system that would tell me if they had it. I guess the best i could do is check what the stock levels look like on Wednesday this week as I'm doing a shift at cpw then and see if it shows any in their store. But i don't think it would. Worth a shot though.
    04-22-17 03:08 PM
    Sadly not no.
    There's nothing on my system that would tell me if they had it. I guess the best i could do is check what the stock levels look like on Wednesday this week as I'm doing a shift at cpw then and see if it shows any in their store. But i don't think it would. Worth a shot though.
    No worries bro, I'm going to go anyway. Let us know on here whatever you find out in the meantime, if anything.

It opens at 0930 on Thursday so I'll post the situation. So you're not planning to repeat your heroics as the first passport owner in the country? :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 03:12 PM
    No worries bro, I'm going to go anyway. Let us know on here whatever you find out in the meantime, if anything.

It opens at 0930 on Thursday so I'll post the situation. So you're not planning to repeat your heroics as the first passport owner in the country? :-)

Posted via CB10
    Haha. No way of me getting there, unfortunately.
    Can't have the day off in work and I'm not one for getting on trains. I know people do it daily, but I hate them!
    Also, it's a bit of a trek. I'm a 4 hour drive but you couldn't pay me to drive into London.
    If I did get the train it would be pretty pricey unless I went later on after work. That is still an option, but I don't want to spend nearly £100 on tickets and get there only for them to have no stock left.

There are too many what if's unfortunately.
    If it was a local store, like Manchester Trafford Centre Selfridges, I'd make the trip and go. But it's just too far, too costly and too much of a risk.

I have tried calling CPW in Selfridges the past 2 nights to ask if they'd put one to one side for me, then I'd go to London on train from work. But they never answer their phones. Just on hold until it eventually wears out and hangs up.
    So again, too much risk.

Shame really, as I'd love to get one on Thursday but there we have it!
    04-22-17 03:26 PM
    I hate trains as well and I also wouldn't dream of taking a car anywhere near London either. Sadly I have no choice with the former, but at least I'll already be in town so I can just leave work at 9 and go back after I've been to the store, assuming nobody puts any meetings in my diary....
    I'm not surprised they don't answer the phone in there, they barely even acknowledge you when you physically walk in.

If they have stock I'll put up a post here straight away, and I can try to get a direct phone number out of them that they might listen out for, then maybe they would put one aside or even send one to you, you never know.

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    04-22-17 04:05 PM
    I hate trains as well and I also wouldn't dream of taking a car anywhere near London either. Sadly I have no choice with the former, but at least I'll already be in town so I can just leave work at 9 and go back after I've been to the store, assuming nobody puts any meetings in my diary....
    I'm not surprised they don't answer the phone in there, they barely even acknowledge you when you physically walk in.

If they have stock I'll put up a post here straight away, and I can try to get a direct phone number out of them that they might listen out for, then maybe they would put one aside or even send one to you, you never know.

Posted via CB10
    Cheers man that's really helpful. .
    Chances are i probably won't take the risk as it'd mean booking the train now to get a much better price.

I just couldn't risk losing out on all that money in case the rumour isn't even true or if they ended up not having any left.

I've kinda got a feeling it will sell well but i imagine there will be people who buy them in bulk to sell on or for businesses. In which case they'll be wiped out quickly.
    Be better if they could do one per person but doubtful they'd turn the business away.
    04-22-17 05:52 PM
    me too. why cant bb do anything right.
    04-25-17 09:27 PM
111 ... 345