I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but is it possible to set the KEYone to lock when the official Blackberry flip case cover is closed. I can't see any settings for it, and something I really miss from my old Z30, and the pocket from the Classic.

I bought the case, but don't see that it really offers that much beyond the (much) cheaper and equally well made third party offerings.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    08-18-17 02:40 PM
    well in comparison NOREVE to get a similar case is 3X the $$$. For $$$ and quality the oem case is perfect! it's well made much better than the PRIV or Passport version!
    08-18-17 05:25 PM
    I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but is it possible to set the KEYone to lock when the official Blackberry flip case cover is closed. I can't see any settings for it, and something I really miss from my old Z30, and the pocket from the Classic.

I bought the case, but don't see that it really offers that much beyond the (much) cheaper and equally well made third party offerings.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    It should turn off when the case is closed. Whether it locks would depend on your settings on after the screen turns off.
    08-18-17 06:45 PM
    Thanks FF22 - I've now got it down to about 10 seconds with the option to lock immediately after the screen turns off. It seems even with the case closed the screen stays on for a short while. I hope they change this to lock immediately in a future OS update.
    08-19-17 01:39 AM
    Thanks FF22 - I've now got it down to about 10 seconds with the option to lock immediately after the screen turns off. It seems even with the case closed the screen stays on for a short while. I hope they change this to lock immediately in a future OS update.
    I am not sure and have not fully experimented. But there's that "Window Mode" for cases with the window in the cover that shows a small, well, window of info and the Time. When a case with a magnet flips closed, that brief window appears. I'm not sure if there are two sensors. One would make that window/clock appear and one might just lock it. So, I don't know if there's an instant lock magnet/sensor or only the one sensor.
    08-19-17 09:03 AM
    There are two magnets in the case, not because the two do anything different to a case with one, but requires both to activate. I think this is to avoid accidental locking with something magnetic.

I have another case by Stilgut, which is better made in my opinion, there's no window though, although the window is kind of pointless - I don't really see what extra value it adds. maybe I'm missing something.

Regardless, I do hope they'll offer an instant lock option - just good to know that when the case is closed, the phone is 100% locked immediately, not 10 - 15 seconds later.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-19-17 09:47 AM
    I also hope that an instant lock will be offered. The window would be awesome if the clock and message icons are constantly visible. The window offers the option of viewing the messages/alerts without actually going into the phone. Just came around that while trying to customise the phone.
    08-19-17 11:41 AM
    There are two magnets in the case, not because the two do anything different to a case with one, but requires both to activate. I think this is to avoid accidental locking with something magnetic.

I have another case by Stilgut, which is better made in my opinion, there's no window though, although the window is kind of pointless - I don't really see what extra value it adds. maybe I'm missing something.

Regardless, I do hope they'll offer an instant lock option - just good to know that when the case is closed, the phone is 100% locked immediately, not 10 - 15 seconds later.
    I think the lock button can be set to lock immediately requiring login password, picture or pattern!
    08-21-17 10:04 PM
    I find the window useful... I put in a qi receiver and in stand it is simple to tap the window to see time, answer call, etc. I got a case off eBay (132256942877) with nice finish for cheeep ($7.59 US shipped)... folds around back & qi goes through... qi sits behind Fone and doesn't affect fit into case at all... says it's leather but I doubt it... very hardy stuff ...fits in so well I am scared to take it out... has a little trouble staying closed fully... don't they all?
    08-21-17 11:09 PM