View Poll Results: How do you think BlackBerry and TCL have handled the KEYone launch process?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Handled well

9 10.59%
  • Handled poorly

76 89.41%
    There was a launch? /s
    A launch in a the same sense as North Korea's missile launches.
    05-19-17 01:42 PM
    There is one person thinks that TCL handled well?
    Not sure about others but I haven't voted because it has not launched yet for USA.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    05-19-17 02:09 PM
    I didn't even know there was a launch event happening, so that tells you a lot!

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    05-19-17 02:30 PM
    These are mainly meant for corporate clients. They have a huge enterprise sales team. I don't expect this will be heavily marketed to consumers. They already have the Alcatel brand for that.
    That's just more spin. Why would they have held a huge launch event and sent the phone to a bunch of YouTube reviewers if they didn't want consumers to buy it? Laptop companies don't send their business/government laptops for reviews, they just sell them to corporate clients. Not only is that spin, it's easily debunked spin.
    MikeX74 and mister2d like this.
    05-19-17 02:59 PM
    What launch?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 03:08 PM
    These are mainly meant for corporate clients. They have a huge enterprise sales team. I don't expect this will be heavily marketed to consumers. They already have the Alcatel brand for that.
    Can you name me one single corporate client that's put an order in? Without any information related to US carriers then I don't expect any huge number of sales.

I don't expect any enterprise sales any time soon since they can't even produce enough to supply a small niche market like the UK. We're talking less than 2000 units sold there probably and no more stock in sight. If that's the case, how are they going to handle an North American market where enterprise sales would be in excess of 10,000 units?
    krazyatom and elfabio80 like this.
    05-19-17 03:49 PM
    I think tmobile and sprint ordered!
    05-19-17 04:04 PM
    Can you name me one single corporate client that's put an order in? Without any information related to US carriers then I don't expect any huge number of sales.

I don't expect any enterprise sales any time soon since they can't even produce enough to supply a small niche market like the UK. We're talking less than 2000 units sold there probably and no more stock in sight. If that's the case, how are they going to handle an North American market where enterprise sales would be in excess of 10,000 units?
    What do you mean? The devices aren't even ready yet.
    05-19-17 04:06 PM
    I think tmobile and sprint ordered!
    05-19-17 04:12 PM
    I suspect that the difference between the Canadian and US "Launches" directly correlates to carrier support. It has been non existent since the last BB10 and Priv ebay dumps. BlackBerry (I know.... different animal now) still has about 4% of market share in Canada, as opposed to 0% (rounded) in the US. You still see BlackBerry phones displayed in Bell, Telus and Rogers stores.... how is that in AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, Tmobile???? I do wish that there was more definitive information available, for a person to make an informed decision. ON the other hand, most of us make large letter EMOTIONAL decisions when comes to our passionate phone purchases! lol ymmv, etc
    05-19-17 04:14 PM
    What do you mean? The devices aren't even ready yet.
    You said they're targeting the enterprise market. I'm asking you to name a single enterprise client that's signed up.

Sure they're ready. They started selling them in the UK. Just because products aren't on the shelf, it doesn't mean they can't be ordered. When working in enterprise, it's common for orders to be made for products that aren't yet available. How do you think airlines, buses and large transit work? For example Westjet put in an order for Dreamliners but they won't be delivered until years down the road.
    05-19-17 05:06 PM
    You said they're targeting the enterprise market. I'm asking you to name a single enterprise client that's signed up.

Sure they're ready. They started selling them in the UK. Just because products aren't on the shelf, it doesn't mean they can't be ordered. When working in enterprise, it's common for orders to be made for products that aren't yet available. How do you think airlines, buses and large transit work? For example Westjet put in an order for Dreamliners but they won't be delivered until years down the road.
    The marketing team has only been put together over the last couple of months.
    05-19-17 05:11 PM
    Keep reiterating it .... It's 2017 in the mobile tech world .... You NEVER announce anything unless it's ready within 4-6 weeks. Period.
    Google just let Pixel and Nexus owners have a copy of Android O.

Want to place bets on whether or not it's ready within, say, 6 weeks?

Thanks for playing.
    05-19-17 05:13 PM
    There is one person thinks that TCL handled well?
    Just like so many here: the vote was black and white, either "Good" or "Horrible," no room for anything in between.

So if you didn't think they handled it horribly...what other choice did you have in the vote?

They've handled it just fine.

But 32 people here seem to think otherwise. I'm sure that's not even a blip on TCL's radar.
    krazyatom and pnmaal like this.
    05-19-17 05:15 PM
    I'm that one person.
    Wait a minute--you can't be. Because *I'm* that person. I voted "handled well". It registered immediately after I clicked it.

If you voted like I did, I call shenanigans in the back end vote recording system.
    05-19-17 05:18 PM
    It's the main issue with blackberry when a new device is launched extremely poor marketing and promises not meet. Apple and Samsung get it right why can't Blackberry get it right? It's not hard to understand or see what is happening so at this point in the hardware business they need to get it right.
    05-19-17 05:20 PM
    The marketing team has only been put together over the last couple of months.
    What's that have to do with enterprise sales? If they're concentrating on enterprise clients, there's not much marketing required as those sales channels are different.

When BlackBerry signed the licensing deal, both TCL and BlackBerry should have known what was at stake and how much work would be required. For a company the size of TCL, the lack of planning on their side shows that they're still not ready for the big stage. To only put together a team in a couple of months is pure amateur hour.
    05-19-17 05:26 PM
    What's that have to do with enterprise sales? If they're concentrating on enterprise clients, there's not much marketing required as those sales channels are different.

When BlackBerry signed the licensing deal, both TCL and BlackBerry should have known what was at stake and how much work would be required. For a company the size of TCL, the lack of planning on their side shows that they're still not ready for the big stage. To only put together a team in a couple of months is pure amateur hour.
    The team members were from the former BlackBerry marketing team. LOL. Part of the TCL deal.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-19-17 05:29 PM
    the only problem I had was the lack of communication to all these people waiting for a mail from BlackBerrymobile.com only if it was saying the pre-launch was a hit and we will start as soon your stock is arrive 31 may across europe and north america. You also can place a pre-order allready on may 22.

How easy would that be
    anon(9710735) and bakron1 like this.
    05-19-17 05:36 PM
    I recently met a bunch of the senior TCL team in North America. Many of them have only been with the company for a short time. It's astonishing how all of this was put together in a matter of months.
    Pretty much. It's easy to sit here and talk about how bad it is, yadda yadda yadda, but everyone forgets this is a from the ground up building of a brand new team to be able to roll these things out. The launches will only get better from here on out as the team gets fully established and set.. But alas, no one cares about that. Just easier to complain when you're on the outside looking in.

If you're mad, it's fine. You're allowed to be. But you should at the very least consider the enormity of the situation at hand before you decide to waste that much energy on being mad. Sadly, these days we only focus on the things we want to.. It's like people who only read the headlines and take away what they want. TCL said from the jump this was a new team, a rebuilding and they asked for patience while they got things together, multiple times.

Those who listened to that part understand and those who never bothered hearing it are the ones who are mad.
    Poll: How do you think the launch has been handled?-giphy.gif
    05-19-17 05:47 PM
    The team members were from the former BlackBerry marketing team. LOL. Part of the TCL deal.
    If this is true, its very disappointing. Former blackberry marketing team have no clue how to run this game
    05-19-17 05:48 PM
    If this is true, its very disappointing. Former blackberry marketing team have no clue how to run this game
    hope you know I was just poking fun.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-19-17 05:49 PM
    Wait a minute--you can't be. Because *I'm* that person. I voted "handled well". It registered immediately after I clicked it.

If you voted like I did, I call shenanigans in the back end vote recording system.
    Apparently , I have multiple personalities.
    05-19-17 05:50 PM
    hope you know I was just poking fun.
    You scared me lol
    05-19-17 06:01 PM
    Apparently , I have multiple personalities.
    STOP TALKING ABOUT YOU! ...errrr....ME!

US!
    05-19-17 06:14 PM
161 12345 ...