View Poll Results: How do you think BlackBerry and TCL have handled the KEYone launch process?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Handled well

9 10.59%
  • Handled poorly

76 89.41%
    Pretty much. It's easy to sit here and talk about how bad it is, yadda yadda yadda, but everyone forgets this is a from the ground up building of a brand new team to be able to roll these things out. The launches will only get better from here on out as the team gets fully established and set.. But alas, no one cares about that. Just easier to complain when you're on the outside looking in.

If you're mad, it's fine. You're allowed to be. But you should at the very least consider the enormity of the situation at hand before you decide to waste that much energy on being mad. Sadly, these days we only focus on the things we want to.. It's like people who only read the headlines and take away what they want. TCL said from the jump this was a new team, a rebuilding and they asked for patience while they got things together, multiple times.

Those who listened to that part understand and those who never bothered hearing it are the ones who are mad.
    There's a difference between being mad and being critical. With so much at stake, letting them off easily does nothing but gives them a false sense of achievement and thus continuing along the typical BlackBerry poor communication and device releases of the past.

The goal isn't to just meet expectations. The goal should be to exceed it and blow the socks off everyone. Asking for patience isn't how the market works. If that was the case, the 10.3.3 release would have been phenomenal and BlackBerry would still be releasing devices with a market share greater than 20%.

I think the majority of BlackBerry 10 users feel betrayed or at their wits end due to the lack of support (BlackBerry 10 pretty much dead though BlackBerry keeps stringing users along), the move to Android and the glacial speed of this release is rolling out. On top of that, the limited supply is not helping either.

So, until they step up their game, it's fair to criticise them rather than praise them.
    05-19-17 06:39 PM
    There's a clear split between those who think the launch has been botched, and those who think it's been fine or don't care. Let's see which side has more...
    As far as "PRE" launches go, they were getting tighter and closer together with each one.
    The thing is.... the few of us that "don't care" are happy.
    All the time wasted on finding things wrong doesn't change anything
    except that the time wasted could have been spent in a more productive way!!

I DON'T CARED and I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE!!
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-19-17 09:44 PM
    How does it compare to the latest Xiaomi, Lenovo, or ZTE launches? Compare apples to apples (pun intended).

I recently met a bunch of the senior TCL team in North America. Many of them have only been with the company for a short time. It's astonishing how all of this was put together in a matter of months.
    Ditto! All very impressive in such a short period of time
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    05-19-17 09:50 PM
    They bribe you with KEYᴼᴺᴱ! *devil**run away*
    05-19-17 09:51 PM
    There's only so much you can learn when you take the (Sally Struthers) internet college courses.
    Doofus is the highest level attainable.
    So, if you get W A Y down and search in those dark murky corners behind the dumpster, you TOO can be impressed.
    (No reflection on any Doofuses presently in the vicinity)

Disclaimer:
    To anyone who thinks I'm berating a member.... I'm not. we're old friend.
    And he will deny it!! That's what doofuses do!

(I know I should probably not post this, but a mod recently suggested that if I'm joking add a lot of images. I hope this one works)
    See the extreme lengths I'll go for you Mark?
    05-19-17 10:31 PM
    What are people talking about "too early to tell"???!?!!

Lol people are brainwashed or too addicted to CrackBerry way of thinking.

Remind you, the official launch was announced to be in April. And now where are we at? End of May, possibly June, maybe July, or could be August, or 2023 or whenever.

This phone is already LATE, alright? Wake up and let's look at this closely and don't give BlackBerry and their high horse attitude any more free pass. WTH.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    05-19-17 11:27 PM
    Time is $$$ and when a product that's supposed to be for "professionals" is nowhere to be found except in the UK, then professionals will use the tools that they need to generate $$$.
    Exactly. Some people need to realize that time is money and sometimes even more valuable than money in many ways. All this delay and procrastination are poor management of the launch and communication.
    05-19-17 11:32 PM
    The marketing team has only been put together over the last couple of months.
    Excuses excuses excuses.
    05-20-17 12:17 AM
    The marketing team has only been put together over the last couple of months.
    It is not an excuse, or they will fail. They will sell less than BB10 if they act like that.
    05-20-17 02:26 AM
    Why would you do that? That's a significant investment, surely you could have waited just a few weeks more? Curious to understand what exactly was so "absolutely terrible" that pushed you to a hasty decision. I agree it could have been better, but it sounds like you are being a little too harsh.

Text book example is a little dramatic, isn't it? I think the mother of all text book examples of how not to launch a phone would be the Galaxy Note 7 fiasco. After that, nobody should be criticizing BlackBerry for a bad launch.
    Don't confuse the the quality of the product launch and the quality of the product itself.
    05-20-17 03:19 AM
    Crackberry must be the worst fan base of any brand ever.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9710735) and hjc73734 like this.
    05-20-17 04:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. No wonder them and the company are now still in the gutter. Good luck but I won't be purchasing another blackberry phone (and considering that this forum has officially become the support forum for the blackberry brand, the future is very dark.) and good bye to my old BlackBerry phones. They will not be missed.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    05-20-17 04:44 AM
    There you go!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-17 04:47 AM
    The KeyONE is my first BlackBerry; and it's a terrific and very practical phone. No, it won't appeal to everyone but anybody who uses their phone to communicate should definitely give it a hard look.

The launch wasn't handled too well as it hasn't gone mainstream in the UK as we speak. CPW staff only push Apple and the new S8 and the new BlackBerry hasn't made much of a splash in the mainstream media. That's a shame as it's a great phone. I really hope it will pick up some momentum as it's launched in other markets.
    05-20-17 04:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    What may be more troubling is the relative lack of activity here on CB. There's only a few dozen people actively making posts. The hype has died even on here since February.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    05-20-17 03:48 PM
    What are people talking about "too early to tell"???!?!!

Lol people are brainwashed or too addicted to CrackBerry way of thinking.

Remind you, the official launch was announced to be in April. And now where are we at? End of May, possibly June, maybe July, or could be August, or 2023 or whenever.

This phone is already LATE, alright? Wake up and let's look at this closely and don't give BlackBerry and their high horse attitude any more free pass. WTH.
    Where to start...

Official launch was delayed by a month. May 31st has been confirmed by BlackBerry Mobile and carriers. So no need to talk about August.

BlackBerry Mobile is a completely new division of TCL, created only 5 months ago. In that time, they have built out the team, and have laid the groundwork for an international distribution, marketing, and support infrastructure. They have made inroads with carriers, and have invested heavily in enterprise sales teams.

They have also managed to manufacture a damn nice device, and have promised a long term commitment with more devices coming.

This company has nothing to do with BlackBerry.

Maybe you can ease up a bit.
    murphy_thom likes this.
    05-20-17 04:08 PM
    Where to start...

Official launch was delayed by a month. May 31st has been confirmed by BlackBerry Mobile and carriers. So no need to talk about August.

BlackBerry Mobile is a completely new division of TCL, created only 5 months ago. In that time, they have built out the team, and have laid the groundwork for an international distribution, marketing, and support infrastructure. They have made inroads with carriers, and have invested heavily in enterprise sales teams.

They have also managed to manufacture a damn nice device, and have promised a long term commitment with more devices coming.

BlackBerry is doing all of the software for the phone, it's a BlackBerry Limited design, TCL is paying BlackBerry licensing fees, and the company is called BlackBerry Mobile, but sure, this company has nothing to do with BlackBerry.
    MikeX74 and mister2d like this.
    05-20-17 04:34 PM
    Where to start...

A delay is a delay. All it does is add to the negativity that the market has towards any mobile device with the BlackBerry label on it. Shooting yourself in the foot as the first thing you do doesn't bode well.

With TCL's large size and presence, why didn't they already have distribution, marketing and sales already in place? They only have to supplement what's already there. It's not like BlackBerry devices are flying off the shelves. Why did they wait until after the licensing to set that up?

Inroads with carriers...name some. Other than Rogers, do you have any carriers in the US? What about other countries? I don't see any inroads being made there.
    MyriadeCoh and mister2d like this.
    05-20-17 04:49 PM
    I don't think they had a good launch doesn't mean it's not a good phone or that it won't sell. I would have appreciated a little better communication and more honest statements about the delays.
    05-20-17 05:23 PM
    BlackBerry is doing all of the software for the phone, it's a BlackBerry Limited design, TCL is paying BlackBerry licensing fees, and the company is called BlackBerry Mobile, but sure, this company has nothing to do with BlackBerry.
    Absolutely nothing. BlackBerry handed off a design back in December, and supplies the software.
    05-20-17 05:29 PM
    With TCL's large size and presence, why didn't they already have distribution, marketing and sales already in place? They only have to supplement what's already there.
    Not much to leverage off of. Alcatel isn't exactly a household name in NA.

TCL had very little set up outside of China.

All this is changing now, with BlackBerry Mobile and TCL TVs.
    05-20-17 05:31 PM
    Absolutely nothing. BlackBerry handed off a design back in December, and supplies the software.
    BlackBerry supplies the software for the phone, which is what makes a smartphone. Do you realize the nonsensical nature of your statement?
    05-20-17 05:55 PM
    BlackBerry supplies the software for the phone, which is what makes a smartphone. Do you realize the nonsensical nature of your statement?
    Google provides 98% of the software to Samsung. Are they related?

BlackBerry is just another vendor to BlackBerry Mobile - nothing more.
    05-20-17 06:28 PM
    Google provides 98% of the software to Samsung. Are they related?

BlackBerry is just another vendor to BlackBerry Mobile - nothing more.
    No, not really. Android is (at least theoretically) an open-source software which Samsung heavily customizes. Google makes certain requirements to allow access to the Play Store, but it's on Samsung to develop the software. Samsung would laugh at such a "98%" statement.

I don't get the point of making these silly claims that BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile have a casual relationship. BBM is using BB's software, patents, and name. You don't merely "vend" patents and a brand name to another company.
    05-20-17 06:36 PM
    No, not really. Android is (at least theoretically) an open-source software which Samsung heavily customizes. Google makes certain requirements to allow access to the Play Store, but it's on Samsung to develop the software. Samsung would laugh at such a "98%" statement.

I don't get the point of making these silly claims that BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile have a casual relationship. BBM is using BB's software, patents, and name. You don't merely "vend" patents and a brand name to another company.
    What about PT BB Merah Putih and Optiemus Infracom? Are you suggesting they are tied to BlackBerry as well?

I'm sorry, but that's just not the relationship. BlackBerry is very much off of devices and focusing almost entirely elsewhere.
    05-20-17 06:45 PM
161 ... 23456 ...