In fact i type better with smaller keys.
    had a nokia e-72 before my q10 and i had some difficulties to adapt myself to the big keys of bb

But I just love fretted keyboards! That feature was a huge + compared to the nokia I had and were the second reason (after price!) why i did not buy a priv.
    03-02-17 05:08 AM
    That's kind of a terrible representation.
    Can you tell me why? I don't do not doubt you and I've never held either the Q10 or the KEYone. I use that site a lot to compare phone sizes and it's usually pretty accurate. Is there something out of balance or proportion with that, or the other comparison shots?

Thanks!
    03-02-17 07:18 AM
    Hello All,

Actually the FRETS on KEYone help a lot in typing compared to the PRIV where the FRETS do not exist.

Here is a pic took after the event.
    Attachment 418437
    Oh Wow! This really shows many KEYone trade-offs. Any reason why they went with the "tool-belt" on it? Smaller housing could accommodate hardware inside?
    03-02-17 07:28 AM
    Hello All,

Actually the FRETS on KEYone help a lot in typing compared to the PRIV where the FRETS do not exist.

Here is a pic took after the event.
    Attachment 418437
    thanks! Nice size
    03-02-17 08:30 AM
    Can you tell me why? I don't do not doubt you and I've never held either the Q10 or the KEYone. I use that site a lot to compare phone sizes and it's usually pretty accurate. Is there something out of balance or proportion with that, or the other comparison shots?

Thanks!
    Because they're simply using the press renders and comparing them. It's OK, maybe terrible was too harsh I suppose if you're just looking for a ballpark closeness. There's also the difference when others use the site vs. what you share, as it needs to be calibrated for each display.
    raqball likes this.
    03-02-17 09:11 AM
    The unfortunate dilemma with the KeyOne is, and you can check this on Phone Arena.. the LG G6 is almost the EXACT same size as the KeyOne, but with a full extra inch on the screen and monster specs. It's so hard for BB to compete in today's market. I really hope the KO delivers.
    03-02-17 10:20 AM
    KEYone & Passport size comparison courtesy of the Phone Arena:
    BlackBerry KEYone vs BlackBerry Passport - Visual phone size compare
    Interesting. On my Passport, as shown in the pictures, there is unused space between the edge keys. (eg. Q,A,Z on the left side) and the metal housing. On the K1 the keys go right to the edge. So a simple width comparison undersizes the K1 keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 10:26 AM
    The unfortunate dilemma with the KeyOne is, and you can check this on Phone Arena.. the LG G6 is almost the EXACT same size as the KeyOne, but with a full extra inch on the screen
    Not really a good or fair comment.. The KEYone has a PKB and the G6 does not... Pick you poison... Do you want an extra 1" of screen of a PKB?

I'll take the KB...
    MyriadeCoh and Sean Flaherty like this.
    03-02-17 10:33 AM
    Currently use a BlackBerry Classic. The size still allows me to use it one handed.

Being that the phones are both the same width I would say the slightly wider keys on the KEYone will be beneficial and that the shorter keys won't make a difference. The smaller keys were fine when I was using the 9780 but the KEYone is wider.

I've been hearing good things that the key travel is quite good and not mushy on the KEYone; Very similar to the Classic keys. Hope that's true.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zensen; 03-02-17 at 01:47 PM.
    03-02-17 01:37 PM
    The unfortunate dilemma with the KeyOne is, and you can check this on Phone Arena.. the LG G6 is almost the EXACT same size as the KeyOne, but with a full extra inch on the screen and monster specs. It's so hard for BB to compete in today's market. I really hope the KO delivers.
    How long will the smaller battery last with the bigger QHD screen running the 820? It's not all about specs, but also how the specs make your phone last through the day. K1 has a bigger battery, smaller display with less resolution and a 625 that is more power efficient. I think the K1 will last at least twice as long with comparable use, if not longer while perhaps only a tad bit slower.

And I almost forgot, does the G6 have a keyboard out and about?

Posted via CB10
    MyriadeCoh likes this.
    03-02-17 02:00 PM
    I think I would have liked a slightly taller keyboard like the Q10 and classic. They could have done away with the hard capacitive android keys and made the pkb a little taller and just had virtual android keys like the priv.

I have been able to adjust to the shorter keyboard of the priv coming from a Q10, so it will probably be alright though.
    03-06-17 08:48 AM
    I think I would have liked a slightly taller keyboard like the Q10 and classic. They could have done away with the hard capacitive android keys and made the pkb a little taller and just had virtual android keys like the priv.

I have been able to adjust to the shorter keyboard of the priv coming from a Q10, so it will probably be alright though.
    Isn't this the truth. And there'd have been fewer parts/less hardware in the phone without the dedicated nav keys.

We could have had a taller keyboard. Or maybe even an overall shorter phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 08:57 AM
    Oh Wow! This really shows many KEYone trade-offs. Any reason why they went with the "tool-belt" on it? Smaller housing could accommodate hardware inside?
    Toolbelt allows you to double the # of keys conveniently.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 09:00 AM

Exactly. I dont get it.

# soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    03-06-17 09:25 AM
    They could have done away with the hard capacitive android keys and made the pkb a little taller and just had virtual android keys like the priv.
    Then the virtual keys would automatically move to the bottom in landscape mode and thus steal precious screen estate.
    03-06-17 10:49 AM
    But please please please, don't text and drive, even if the kb is awesome...

When I had my BlackBerry Tour, I used to be able to type one handed while driving w/out looking at the keyboard. No way could I do it w/ my Priv or iPhone 7. I'm so looking forward to getting my hands on a KeyOne.
    Sean Flaherty likes this.
    03-06-17 10:50 AM
    Then the virtual keys would automatically move to the bottom in landscape mode and thus steal precious screen estate.
    Meh. Could live without a couple extra millimeters. Wouldn't even notice. Could shorten up the top bezel to compensate if it was that big of a deal to get a couple mm back.

Like I said, I adjusted to the priv after a while so I'm sure everyone will be fine after a month or so.
    03-06-17 10:57 AM
42 12