Way to flood the forums!

People are never going to stop complaining. It's interesting to see how people are comparing a niche phone to the mass market specs.

Anyone who love keyboards will buy this phone because it's probably great at TYPING MESSAGES. This phone isn't supposed to beat everything else. It's supposed to cater to people who love typing on keyboards and want to have a long battery life.

Do processor specs really matter when all you're doing is sending texts, emails, and occasionally posting pics to social media?

People are dumb. If you're complaining about the price, you should consider a career change because your phone is a distraction, not a tool for productivity. Debate all you want, the only people that hate this phone are people who it doesn't cater to.
    jng0705, Carjackd, Bay 13 and 21 others like this.
    02-25-17 05:59 PM
    How many people think iPhone has productivity?
    02-25-17 06:06 PM
    If you're a media/youtuber/video blogger/video watcher, iphone will be very productive. The right tool for the right job!
    Mecca EL and Nathan Conley like this.
    02-25-17 06:10 PM
    if you look and listen to the launch video they clearly state they designed it for productivity and power users, I think the design achieved this .Most people I think will buy an a subsidized phone /plan so price won't be an issue for them (if interested), BUT those of us who buy their phone outright i think ~ $720-750 CDN i think is a little high. Sweet spot i think should be about $675-$699 CDN. Saying that I WILL be buying one as this is an upgrade from my dtek50 and REALLY miss the pkb from my passport SE. April can't come soon enough.
    Pez1983 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-25-17 06:34 PM
    It would be a mistake to think it doesn't. But that's not the point of the thread.
    02-25-17 06:44 PM
    I bought my Passport 1&1/2 years after it was released for $450, I will gladly pay $550 to get a new BlackBerry device that runs on an OS that has a future and monthly security updates.

I'm tired of the complaints, I truly wish everybody would complain in one thread instead of flooding the KeyOne forum with so much whining. It's really starting to show how pathetic the "BlackBerry" community is.

Posted via CB10 via Passport.
    02-25-17 06:46 PM
    Some folks just won't ever get it. They are stuck with wanting things the way they want them. They will continue to complain over and over again. I wasn't expecting the best presentation because most folks aren't good with public speaking and I wouldn't want them to hire a professional speaker. Besides that everything looks great especially if real world usage can produce full day battery life. Let's just hope BlackBerry Mobile is able to get carriers on there side.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 07:00 PM
    I do. It has a great Out of the box software suite which syncs perfectly with Macs. BlackBerry's productivity suite always lacked something and was rather unstable on PC. I mean, define productivity! Mail, Docs, Messaging.. it's all there. At least their messaging solution has the same capability across all their platforms, unlike BBM. What does a BB have over iOS in the productivity except for a File Manager and the Hub? And I mean a real advantage, not the old... "I switch apps faster in BB because iOS interface defeats me."
    02-25-17 07:05 PM
    Tools not toys amiright guys? Guys? Give me a break. This phone is embarrassingly expensive. I would pay 550-599$ for an actual flagship phone. Keyboard and "blackberry security" are hardly worth the price. I can type even faster on my VKB Z30 than I can on my passport.

Posted via CB10
    werkregen likes this.
    02-25-17 07:09 PM
    If it's not for you then there are plenty of slab phones for you to chose from. Enjoy but why can't you just let a niche exist.

It's like some of you won't be happy until every phone is a generic slab.
    02-25-17 07:19 PM
    Haters will always hate! Especially those with iPhone 1.2.3.4, without means to upgrade.
    02-25-17 07:21 PM
    OP, you nailed it. Totally agree with your comments!
    Mecca EL, Carjackd and stevepar like this.
    02-25-17 07:24 PM
    I don't mind skimping on the screen or the camera.... but for a business oriented phone..... come on... give me a top tier processor...

Posted via CB10
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-25-17 07:35 PM
    This isn't a complaint but rather a critique of a flaw that has proven to be near fatal to BlackBerry.

Hanging onto the notion of a "niche product aimed at business/professionals" leads to nothing except dwindling sales that result in the competition eating your lunch and causing you to exit the hardware business totally and pivot to software in order to survive. In the glory days of BlackBerry, yes they could focus on that type of a device. But failing to see how Apple and Samsung produce "consumer" devices into the market which quickly lead to dominance in the "enterprise" side of devices as well, BlackBerry & BlackBerry Mobile once again fail to realize that niche products result in death in the not so long term.

When you think of Apple and Samsung, you don't think "Enterprise". Yet there they are as the major players, kicking BlackBerry to the curb. What BlackBerry Mobile should have done is offered the device at a slightly lower price. Maybe $450 - $499. That may be only at max a $100 difference but with the tarnished brand, consumers will be very price sensitive to BlackBerry labelled devices. The goal is to increase sales, not to take the crown of "best business phone". With such a narrow focus, I think they're setting themselves up for sales failures again. They need brand recognition and sales. By marketing it and pricing it to such a small market, consumers will continue to dismiss BlackBerry devices which leads to less and less BlackBerry devices in the Enterprise/Corporate world. The treadmill keeps spinning and spinning.
    02-25-17 07:56 PM
    Let us spend money on the things we want. We don't need to know YOUR reasons for NOT getting it.
    02-25-17 08:12 PM
    The phone price will eventually settle at us$499
    02-25-17 08:19 PM
    People here would rather pay $300 for a 2 year old Passport SE with Android 4.4 runtime and a dead BB10 OS than pay $250 more for a modern OS, all the apps they want, top rated camera and modern (not top line) specs.

Yeah that makes perfect sense. Fanboyism at it's finest.
    02-25-17 08:27 PM
    People here would rather pay $300 for a 2 year old Passport SE with Android 4.4 runtime and a dead BB10 OS than pay $250 more for a modern OS, all the apps they want, top rated camera and modern (not top line) specs.

Yeah that makes perfect sense. Fanboyism at it's finest.
    Yep , people on this forum make no sense
    02-25-17 08:28 PM
    Yep , people on this forum make no sense
    It might appear that way but different people put different value on different things.

There are many that don't have Google Play set up on their Blackberry device and for whom the Android runtime has never been an issue.
    02-25-17 08:33 PM
    A lot of major corporations/businesses. For example, the company I work for is a global company with over 1,000 devices in the hands of its employees. A couple of years ago they went from completely BlackBerry, to completely iPhone. Not to mention probably another 500+ iPads that our sales force uses for customer presentations.
    Tsepz_GP and bluesqueen23 like this.
    02-25-17 08:39 PM
    It might appear that way but different people put different value on different things.

There are many that don't have Google Play set up on their Blackberry device and for whom the Android runtime has never been an issue.
    These people most likely will only do messaging on their Passports, which is great at what it does.

But then I doubt these are the people complain about the price of the KeyOne.
    02-25-17 08:44 PM
    Way to flood the forums!

People are never going to stop complaining. It's interesting to see how people are comparing a niche phone to the mass market specs.

Anyone who love keyboards will buy this phone because it's probably great at TYPING MESSAGES. This phone isn't supposed to beat everything else. It's supposed to cater to people who love typing on keyboards and want to have a long battery life.

Do processor specs really matter when all you're doing is sending texts, emails, and occasionally posting pics to social media?

People are dumb. If you're complaining about the price, you should consider a career change because your phone is a distraction, not a tool for productivity. Debate all you want, the only people that hate this phone are people who it doesn't cater to.
    I agree. Well said. But people aren't dumb. They are just misinformed.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-25-17 08:48 PM
    If you're a media/youtuber/video blogger/video watcher, iphone will be very productive. The right tool for the right job!
    Yes, but then, this forum and this smartphone is way over your specs.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 08:51 PM
    Best thread of the day OP!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-25-17 08:51 PM
    if you look and listen to the launch video they clearly state they designed it for productivity and power users, I think the design achieved this .Most people I think will buy an a subsidized phone /plan so price won't be an issue for them (if interested), BUT those of us who buy their phone outright i think ~ $720-750 CDN i think is a little high. Sweet spot i think should be about $675-$699 CDN. Saying that I WILL be buying one as this is an upgrade from my dtek50 and REALLY miss the pkb from my passport SE. April can't come soon enough.
    Astute.

Posted via CB10
    MrRtic likes this.
    02-25-17 08:52 PM
123 123 ...