The one thing that Blackberry has yet to replicate from BB10 onto Android is the notification profile modes. It's now over 2 years and they haven't done anything to separate phone call notifications from other notifications - something that even Google should have done long ago.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-17-17 06:32 PM
    something that even Google should have done long ago.
    Probably why BlackBerry hasn't done it either lol. Nothing to build off of.
    08-17-17 06:42 PM
    There's many small shortcomings like this on Android, that BBOS and BB10 had baked in. Like being able to use the volume buttons to change music tracks. Now with Android we must rely on little apps to do the same things, but they don't always work.

Such is life OP, when using Android.
    08-17-17 06:48 PM
    Agreed! This is my biggest gripe with Android so far--the notification system without third-party apps is rookie compared to BB10.
    08-17-17 09:00 PM
    Yet, Blackberry had it. That made Blackberries phones first, devices second. Google hasn't separated out calls from messaging, nor has Apple. I would think the amount of work to do this isn't significant and certainly is useful, if it shouldn't already be considered a basic function of any phone. It's been a step backwards for long enough, just like Apple never putting in a simple notification light - because Jobs didn't like it.

"Nothing to build off of" - Is this because Google and Apple want users to be glued to their devices like zombies as opposed to smart users who think? Seriously, Blackberry already has the code in BB10. Certainly they could exploit it and give users what makes sense.
    08-17-17 09:56 PM
    Yet, Blackberry had it. That made Blackberries phones first, devices second. Google hasn't separated out calls from messaging, nor has Apple. I would think the amount of work to do this isn't significant and certainly is useful, if it shouldn't already be considered a basic function of any phone. It's been a step backwards for long enough, just like Apple never putting in a simple notification light - because Jobs didn't like it.

"Nothing to build off of" - Is this because Google and Apple want users to be glued to their devices like zombies as opposed to smart users who think? Seriously, Blackberry already has the code in BB10. Certainly they could exploit it and give users what makes sense.
    Since BB left hardware, they're not going to worry about new android
    features that we had earlier in BB10. Contact BBMo and maybe they'll include with OS updates.
    08-17-17 10:05 PM

It's been a couple years since I moved from my Passport to BB Android phones. Remind me what BB10 has that Android and iOS do not. Separating out calls from notifications is one thing you mentioned. I don't really remember specifics. Thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    08-18-17 10:25 PM
    There's many small shortcomings like this on Android, that BBOS and BB10 had baked in. Like being able to use the volume buttons to change music tracks. Now with Android we must rely on little apps to do the same things, but they don't always work.

Such is life OP, when using Android.
    Check out "media volume only". Looks super sketchy but it at least claims to be open source and has been working well for me. I disabled background data just in case and it seems to be fine. Agree though - this is something BlackBerry should clearly have built-in.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ediavolumeonly
    terminatorx likes this.
    08-18-17 10:34 PM