I love my passport and use my Priv only for Uber and Snapchat basically. But I'm worried about the smaller pkb and screen. Is it weird going back to old old classic style pkb?

I can't even try to use the Priv pkb, it's awful. The on screen is fine but I'm not nearly as fast as I am on the passport.

I'd love to have one phone though if the specs and pkb are good on the mercury!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-16 06:09 PM
    I love my passport and use my Priv only for Uber and Snapchat basically. But I'm worried about the smaller pkb and screen. Is it weird going back to old old classic style pkb?

I can't even try to use the Priv pkb, it's awful. The on screen is fine but I'm not nearly as fast as I am on the passport.

Posted via CB10
    Wait and see it's just around the corner.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-16 06:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm in the same boat. I love my Passport, but I'm ready for a new phone and will likely be getting the Mercury. I don't use a ton of apps, but it's gotten to the point where I just want the things I need to work, without having to fiddle.

I've gotten so used to this keyboard, so it'll be interesting going back to something smaller. That said, when I first got this phone, it took me a little while to get it down, so I'm sure going back will just take a little time before all is good.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-16 08:09 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I love my Passport, but I'm ready for a new phone and will likely be getting the Mercury. I don't use a ton of apps, but it's gotten to the point where I just want the things I need to work, without having to fiddle.

I've gotten so used to this keyboard, so it'll be interesting going back to something smaller. That said, when I first got this phone, it took me a little while to get it down, so I'm sure going back will just take a little time before all is good.

Posted via CB10
    It's not the size you're having trouble getting used to, it's the layout... You can move from one size keyboard to another without any learning curve at all as long as the layout is the same, which it isn't for the Passport...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-21-16 11:56 PM
    Thanks hoopitz.

I agree guys it's the layout as the PP is totally different then any other BlackBerry ever. The Priv really made me hate small pkb's because of the cheap buttons so if the mercury is like a Q10 it should be fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 12:30 AM
    Thanks hoopitz.

I agree guys it's the layout as the PP is totally different then any other BlackBerry ever. The Priv really made me hate small pkb's because of the cheap buttons so if the mercury is like a Q10 it should be fine.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if you've ever tried one, but the PKB of the Q10 and Classic is better than the PRIV, whose PKB has squishy smaller keys that had to be hidden under the slider mechanism when it's closed. I'm guessing the Mercury's screen will be at least 3.75 to 4" diagonal.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW  Z30 STA100-3 | 10.3.2.2813
    12-22-16 01:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you are a Passport user, I feel any keyboard you use from here on out will be a downgrade. There have been rumours that the 'Mercury' will have Passport keys (just a little smaller) so you might be in luck!

Let's just wait and see. Personally for me, coming from a Q5. I think anything is a upgrade

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    12-22-16 03:28 AM
    I had BlackBerry Bold 9780. I would presume the size of keyboard should be quite similar.

I will take some time to adjust after passport, obviously. As it took some time to adjust to passport as well.

I would say, I needed like one to two weeks to adjust to it from z10 on screen keyboard.

And I would think it will take 1-2 weeks, tops, to adjust to Mercury.

Really looking forward to it!

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 07:53 AM
    I recently moved from the Passport to the Priv. I LOVED my Passport, but even with Cobalts patching I still came up short with some apps I needed for work. So I had to move to the Priv while I wait for the Mercury.

The keybaord on the Priv is a bit of a downgrade to a Passport user. If the rumors are true and the Mercury has a similar keyboard to the Passport but with smaller keys, it would be perfect for me.
    12-22-16 08:41 AM
    I think it sums up as if it's priv/q5 that sucks, if it's Passport big keys that's awesome, and if it's Q10/Classic/Bold that's perfectly acceptable and will just take a few weeks!

Can't wait to see this phone! =)

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 12:03 PM
    If you are a Passport user, I feel any keyboard you use from here on out will be a downgrade. There have been rumours that the 'Mercury' will have Passport keys (just a little smaller) so you might be in luck!

Let's just wait and see. Personally for me, coming from a Q5. I think anything is a upgrade

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    Hey now! Q5 is an underdog, but you gotta love the underdog. A wrongly overlooked BB10 phone.
    12-22-16 12:19 PM
    If there is a Mercury, chances are good I will get one. However, the PP would probably still be my main driver because of the physical keyboard and the screen size.Tried the PRIV but when compared to the PP, the keyboard just didn't cut it.
    12-22-16 02:01 PM
    Absolutely disagree. The Priv Keyboard is far better than the classic or Q10. I did really like the Passport though.
    12-22-16 03:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    if they made an android pp id get one right away.
    12-22-16 05:13 PM
    +1!
    12-22-16 05:21 PM
    I think for about 90% of us on CB our dream phone would be a Passport running Android with updated internals.

OR

A BB10 Passport with Google Play Services build in natively with the latest ART.

I'd probably go for choice 2. The point is, either way they're both in a Passport housing.
    anon(5597702) and CmdrStraker like this.
    12-23-16 08:42 AM
    I think for about 90% of us on CB our dream phone would be a Passport running Android with updated internals.

OR

A BB10 Passport with Google Play Services build in natively with the latest ART.

I'd probably go for choice 2. The point is, either way they're both in a Passport housing.
    Guess I am in the 10% then as I prefer not having android on my Passport. Would rather have an updated Passport running BB11

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    12-23-16 11:33 AM
    If BB10 supported Google Play then BlackBerry wouldn't be where they are now. Then again you never know with their idiots in marketing and slow device release times. But regardless, the passport is done and so is BB10. The Mercury will be what it will be and likely a "classic" style keyboard.

But to the user who said the Priv pkb is better then a Q10, seriously?
    I really am curious why anyone would feel that way. The keys are awful to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 01:14 PM

OR

Um, would it make you feel better to think you're part of the majority? I'm pretty sure "90%" of CB are not Passport users/lovers/fanatics like you think they are...

12-23-16 02:14 PM
    Guess I am in the 10% then as I prefer not having android on my Passport. Would rather have an updated Passport running BB11

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    I'm (apparently) in the remaining 0% that wouldn't want anything in a Passport form factor and its barf-inducing 3-row keyboard running any kind of OS...

12-23-16 02:15 PM
    I'm (apparently) in the remaining 0% that wouldn't want anything in a Passport form factor and its barf-inducing 3-row keyboard running any kind of OS...

lol Merry Christmas
    12-23-16 02:28 PM