I've had 27 different smartphones from BBOS, to BlackBerry 10, to BlackBerry powered by Android, to currently having a work issued iPhone 6s and personal iPhone 7. Personally, I do think the iPhone is a great phone with a great, simple OS. For me though there are two problems. (1) I miss the Physical Keyboard (2) I miss the HUB. So for me, while I "do not mind" using the very capable iPhone, I would much rather have both a Physical Keyboard and the HUB along with BlackBerry's software. The DTEK50 was great for a little but I prefer having the Finger Print Scanner and I felt the DTEK60 was to large. I guess the bottom line is with the iPhone you are losing out on a lot more than you may initially think if the Physical Keyboard and HUB are important to you. So I'd definitely return and get all your money back. Just my opinion.
    Why iPhone? Many great Androids like the Google Pixel where you can still get the BlackBerry Suite of apps including Hub. You will miss that in a major way red iphone guy
    04-16-17 10:46 PM
    Why iPhone? Many great Androids like the Google Pixel where you can still get the BlackBerry Suite of apps including Hub. You will miss that in a major way red iphone guy
    I'm not the OP Red iPhone Guy. I think you have misread my post. I'm as BlackBerry as it gets. Held out as long as I could before switching to iPhone and have tried PRIV, DTEK50, and DTEK60.

Truth is I've always been a BlackBerry guy all the way back to the RIM 950. When my work deployed iPhones I continued with BlackBerry 10 for my personal device until it didn't meet my personal needs. After that I went with the same iPhone I had from work. Just found it easier if I needed to have two phones to have the consistency of typing with same size keyboard and same OS. Really no rhyme or reason. I tried the DTEK50 and really like it but found it annoying to have to unlock with password. I had DTEK60 and found that too large. I had the Pixel at launch and to me it didn't do anything special to pull me from iOS at the time.

The KEYone however, is different because of the Physical Keyboard and BlackBerry powered by Android which in my opinion offers a much different HUB experience than the HUB experiences when purchased through the Google Play and used with other Android Specific Devices. Just my opinion and what I've heard. I simply didn't like any Android devices better than iOS.

I'm hoping the KEYone changes that. I'm hoping it's the right combination of everything to feel like a BlackBerry legacy device with Android Apps available. More a hybrid between BB10 and Android. Simply the closest thing to say a Classic running Nougat.
    04-16-17 11:26 PM
    They are but there better corded for ios then android. And believe a lot of people use them. Lol that's funny that you would say that. Facebook, Instagram, snap chat etc are better on ios and millions of people use them.

I don't even like ios that much but I'm not gonna lie, they are coded better on ios
    "Better corded"....that's it!
    04-16-17 11:37 PM
    I'm not the OP Red iPhone Guy. I think you have misread my post. I'm as BlackBerry as it gets. Held out as long as I could before switching to iPhone and have tried PRIV, DTEK50, and DTEK60.

Truth is I've always been a BlackBerry guy all the way back to the RIM 950. When my work deployed iPhones I continued with BlackBerry 10 for my personal device until it didn't meet my personal needs. After that I went with the same iPhone I had from work. Just found it easier if I needed to have two phones to have the consistency of typing with same size keyboard and same OS. Really no rhyme or reason. I tried the DTEK50 and really like it but found it annoying to have to unlock with password. I had DTEK60 and found that too large. I had the Pixel at launch and to me it didn't do anything special to pull me from iOS at the time.

The KEYone however, is different because of the Physical Keyboard and BlackBerry powered by Android which in my opinion offers a much different HUB experience than the HUB experiences when purchased through the Google Play and used with other Android Specific Devices. Just my opinion and what I've heard. I simply didn't like any Android devices better than iOS.

I'm hoping the KEYone changes that. I'm hoping it's the right combination of everything to feel like a BlackBerry legacy device with Android Apps available. More a hybrid between BB10 and Android. Simply the closest thing to say a Classic running Nougat.
    I have had Priv (never used KB). Bought DTEK 50 which was great but needed a little more internal storage, then tried the DTEK 60 and I agree it was too big. So I bought a Pixel and really like it. My wife will be getting K1.
    One thing I can tell you is the Hub, Calendar, Contacts, Password apps etc are identically the same when purchased through Play Store. Only thing missing is BlackBerry Keyboard which I got through Colbalts BlackBerry Manager.
    04-16-17 11:38 PM
    I have had Priv (never used KB). Bought DTEK 50 which was great but needed a little more internal storage, then tried the DTEK 60 and I agree it was too big. So I bought a Pixel and really like it. My wife will be getting K1.
    One thing I can tell you is the Hub, Calendar, Contacts, Password apps etc are identically the same when purchased through Play Store. Only thing missing is BlackBerry Keyboard which I got through Colbalts BlackBerry Manager.
    Glad you like it. Wasn't for me. I'll wait for the KEYone and AM HOPING I like it. If not, iPhones and iOS work just fine. Not saying I like them or it's ideally what I want but prefer them over everything since BB10, that's all. And using one for work daily you get use to getting things done with them. Again, preference BlackBerry, but am making iOS work for me until BlackBerry Mobile delivers a device I like. If not, maybe Pixel 2...
    04-17-17 12:11 AM
    My Classic keeps crashing, got so fed up with it and waiting for the Keyone I ordered a red iphone 7 last night...now I wish I hadnt!

I love my blackberry, on my 4th, I don't need one for work but I do like the keyboard...think I've made a mistake not waiting : /
    We're closer to release than ever and you're buying an iPhone. Lol. Shame on you. 😝🙄
    04-17-17 01:37 AM
    They are but there better corded for ios then android. And believe a lot of people use them. Lol that's funny that you would say that. Facebook, Instagram, snap chat etc are better on ios and millions of people use them.

I don't even like ios that much but I'm not gonna lie, they are coded better on ios
    Snapchat, true. Terrible developer... Insanely poor and buggy app. But Facebook and especially Instagram have been just as good on Android for quite some time now.
    04-17-17 02:25 AM
    Fair enough... both phones don't have a physical keyboard and don't have a release date either.

Posted via CB10
    Thing is Blackberry has been greedy and that's part of what led to its demise . Ego and running with the fact that brand and advertising is more important than quality and investment in technology... ie OS platform... I have bought nothing but blackberry I'm typing on marshmallow Priv... the phones a disgrace is sluggish unacceptably slow.. Can't multi task... and pathetic control lacks in how software and phone configuration can be managed.... It takes ages for the most basic features.. Exactly as the passport did and the Q10.... Blackberry has sadly been conning us with brand advertising and living in past glory... I hate Samsung, Apple and you couldn't give me one for free... but Blackberry deserves to fade out because they do not respect their client Base..... No one took apps to them because they lack investment in their platform... I will give key one a single chance even though handset made by a different firm and then I will look at maybe HTC or something else..... Blackberry has now become a nightmare to me sadly and they're only phones I've ever bought in past 15 + years their word is not as good as their bond, their launches lack honesty and the critics do not provide a Frank account of the phones.... I require a phone for the world at live in now not one that is living on pay glory with substandard technology sorry fans may be time to accept the truth and for us to tell it to them
    04-17-17 03:18 AM
    OP here, who is a gal btw which probably goes a long way to explaining why I picked the red iphone, had actually never really wanted one before until I saw the red one. I know I said earlier, it's the not knowing when it's coming, now someone has mentioned september...i'm in the uk so was hoping for an earlier date than that, as my Classic is on its last legs
    04-17-17 05:35 AM
    My Classic keeps crashing, got so fed up with it and waiting for the Keyone I ordered a red iphone 7 last night...now I wish I hadnt!

I love my blackberry, on my 4th, I don't need one for work but I do like the keyboard...think I've made a mistake not waiting : /
    Nah you won't regret it. I have used iPhone 7 and its a good phone.
    04-17-17 06:37 AM
    I have bought nothing but blackberry I'm typing on marshmallow Priv... the phones a disgrace is sluggish unacceptably slow.. Can't multi task... and pathetic control lacks in how software and phone configuration can be managed.... It takes ages for the most basic features.. Exactly as the passport did and the Q10....
    Not sure why you quoted me?

So you've obviously been burnt and that's fine to be upset but my experience is totally different to you and never had issues with BB10 app support until recently. Not sure where you're going with the brand advertising and greed etc but maybe suitable for another thread.

BlackBerry's main focus is on software and current partners are looking at android for their hardware and software supports. There's a huge app ecosystem behind them now but your priv didn't quite live up to expectations. Though it seems the passport and the Q10 didn't either?

I require a phone for the world at live in now not one that is living on pay glory with substandard technology sorry fans may be time to accept the truth and for us to tell it to them
    You've transition to android so you're on your way to choosing another manufacturer if you felt cheated... The keyone is a midrange device so I'm not sure if you think that's substandard tech ESP if battery life isn't a priority. Maybe it is time you looked at HTC before going to the keyone?

OP here, who is a gal btw which probably goes a long way to explaining why I picked the red iphone, had actually never really wanted one before until I saw the red one. I know I said earlier, it's the not knowing when it's coming, now someone has mentioned september...i'm in the uk so was hoping for an earlier date than that, as my Classic is on its last legs
    Unless liquid living can prove his timeframe with a link of Sept I think the US and UK market will get it next month judging by the messages from BlackBerry Mobile themselves. Interesting tweet from a carrier stating 27th April release...

Any day now I'd expect more info to come out from them regarding dates.

If the classic is on its last legs, I can totally understand the need to get a new phone but if the need is strong to get a KEYone, (unless the phone is on contract) I wouldn't have spent so much

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 07:07 AM
    Unless liquid living can prove his timeframe with a link of Sept I think the US and UK market will get it next month judging by the messages from BlackBerry Mobile themselves. Interesting tweet from a carrier stating 27th April release...

Any day now I'd expect more info to come out from them regarding dates.

If the classic is on its last legs, I can totally understand the need to get a new phone but if the need is strong to get a KEYone, (unless the phone is on contract) I wouldn't have spent so much

Posted via CB10
    Damn you Apple for bringing a red iphone out!

I've 90% decided to return it and try and hobble along with the Classic...hoping for more concrete info soon as September will be too long to wait
    04-17-17 07:19 AM

I've 90% decided to return it and try and hobble along with the Classic...hoping for more concrete info soon as September will be too long to wait
    Keep the red iPhone as a second line. It complements the Classic well. Then replace the latter with a KEYone if you feel you need to leave BB10. I myself am using a 6 Plus as my personal cell and Passport Silver Edition As my business one.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-17-17 08:34 AM

Smart, you will have it within 4-6 weeks. And dont believe anyone here that apps work better on iPhone than Android. Those are apps specific to the USA market apparently like US bank apps. Also products like Chromecast on Android are half the price of Apple TV/Audio products. Ecosystem is just as good with Google Android. Google Play Store is also way better as everything is in one spot and easy to navigate unlike Apple that has outdated stores like iTunes and App Store that are separate apps.
    Plus you can't customize anything on iPhone. So boring!
    Open Source software like Android will and has developed faster than iOs and will continue to do so.
    One last thing. Don't forget you still get the BlackBerry Suite of apps on any Android. iPhone of course would never let that happen. They still have the same email app and keyboard 8 years later.
    04-17-17 09:30 AM
    Smart, you will have it within 4-6 weeks. And dont believe anyone here that apps work better on iPhone than Android. Those are apps specific to the USA market apparently like US bank apps. Also products like Chromecast on Android are half the price of Apple TV/Audio products. Ecosystem is just as good with Google Android. Google Play Store is also way better as everything is in one spot and easy to navigate unlike Apple that has outdated stores like iTunes and App Store that are separate apps.
    Plus you can't customize anything on iPhone. So boring!
    Open Source software like Android will and has developed faster than iOs and will continue to do so.
    One last thing. Don't forget you still get the BlackBerry Suite of apps on any Android. iPhone of course would never let that happen. They still have the same email app and keyboard 8 years later.
    The only thing iPhone has going for it is a larger selection of various phone cases (and perhaps some similar accessories), especially in comparison to relatively unpopular brands. There are zero cases available locally for my Priv.
    It's not exactly a big deal, but could be a plus to some people.
    04-17-17 10:08 AM
    Why? Simply for the sake of buying a phone???

Is THAT what drives people? Pure marketing? Hey, look--a phone came out! Must buy--OH WAIT, ANOTHER phone just came out! Must buy--OH NO, WAIT...

Some people have an absolute need for a new phone right now, and are disappointed that The One they want is not immediately available--so they're forced to do something else just so they can have a phone.

But most people here apparently just want to buy something, ANYTHING, like they're a Kardashian on Rodeo Drive. And they're blaming TCL for not giving them what they want to buy RIGHT NOW. So they go buy something else. ????? Makes no sense.

To them I say, go buy something today--and when the K1 is out, go buy it. You'll be yearning for something new anyway, right?
    This is exactly what I don't understand too. Even though the K1 does not have a release date as yet doesn't mean it is coming out in the next 6 months. Why can people be patient it's not like the current phone you are using is SOO bad. Geez.

I'm using a Z10 and I am not buying another phone until the K1 comes out.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Frix likes this.
    04-17-17 10:10 AM
    There is about 2 weeks until May 5th and I still have not heard what US carriers will have the KEYone. Come on now. There has to be some word by now
    04-17-17 11:05 AM
    There is about 2 weeks until May 5th and I still have not heard what US carriers will have the KEYone. Come on now. There has to be some word by now
    They keep us in suspense. If we don't hear anything after the first week of May, then there are bigger issues at play most likely. But hopefully, they are getting the carriers lined up.

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    04-17-17 11:37 AM
    iOS is a great mobile system. Enjoy your Red iPhone 7. Product Red represents a good cause. Other great things about the Apple ecosystem are the high resale value and the long term (4-5 years) support.

It took me a long time to come around. I went Symbian -> Jolla -> BB10 -> Android -> iOS. I still enjoy BB10 the most, but it is a dead operating system. Of the two mobile systems remaining, Apple is the lesser of two evils.

BlackBerry is missing out by not porting the Hub and their awesome software keyboard with haptic feedback to the iPhone. I would subscribe immediately if that were available.
    04-17-17 02:09 PM
    IPhone 7 is actually good phone and you'll enjoy it. I swap my phone weekly so I need BlackBerry, Android , and iPhone lol.
    I'm with Atom! I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus and Xiaomi Mi Mix right now. I also have a Lumia 950 (used mainly as a Win10 PC), and a Moto Z Force used for VR and with a Projector Mod. I JUST sold a Mate 9. Recently had a Pixel and One Plus 3 (both sold). KEYone is coming in May.
    krazyatom likes this.
    04-17-17 03:50 PM
    I had been using iPhone 7 Plus for the last few months and although it does it's job but there seems to be no soul in the device.
    I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. I've had the iPhone 7 Plus since late November or so, and while I like it, it's not special to me the way BlackBerry phones have been.

I feel just the same as everyone else, because everyone pretty much has an iPhone, just in a different case. The iPhone has no personality, and while I do find that it can do a lot of things, 6 months into using it (it was my first iPhone), I still am not attached to it.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 03:57 PM
    For me, iPhone is very reliable for my usage but they're boring.
    pkcable likes this.
    04-17-17 04:13 PM
    Snapchat, true. Terrible developer... Insanely poor and buggy app. But Facebook and especially Instagram have been just as good on Android for quite some time now.
    Close, Facebook is small things it does better on ios then on android. And Instagram for the most part is up to par except for there "stories" feature (the snapchat like feature). It's just as bad as snapchat when it comes to camera quality.
    04-17-17 04:29 PM
    Keep the red iPhone as a second line. It complements the Classic well. Then replace the latter with a KEYone if you feel you need to leave BB10. I myself am using a 6 Plus as my personal cell and Passport Silver Edition As my business one.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    That's what I'm pretty much doing. Using a Classic as a daily driver and a 7Plus for apps.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    Avenzuno likes this.
    04-17-17 05:45 PM
    iOS is a great mobile system. Enjoy your Red iPhone 7. Product Red represents a good cause. Other great things about the Apple ecosystem are the high resale value and the long term (4-5 years) support.

It took me a long time to come around. I went Symbian -> Jolla -> BB10 -> Android -> iOS. I still enjoy BB10 the most, but it is a dead operating system. Of the two mobile systems remaining, Apple is the lesser of two evils.

BlackBerry is missing out by not porting the Hub and their awesome software keyboard with haptic feedback to the iPhone. I would subscribe immediately if that were available.
    Could not disagree more about iOs versus Android on BlackBerry or Google Pixel.
    Prior to my iPhone 6s I had a Z10- Z30 then iPhone 6s then went for a Priv, then 50, then 60 now Pixel. Kid has latest iPhone which I help her with. Such a pain to use compared to Android. Closed OS that has barely changed in 8 years.
    BTW, its not BlackBerry saying no to Apple regarding Hub. It's Apple saying no to BlackBerry because iOs is a closed system and they want to keep it that way. Same reason Apple won't share iMessage. Ecosystem on Google Android has now surpassed Apple for half the cost.
    04-17-17 07:42 PM
94 1234