I currently own a Priv and it is very buggy. The contact app takes forever to load. I am afraid the KEYone will have the same issues based on the announced specs. Thoughts?
    04-22-17 08:47 AM
    it depends, I have a zenfone 3, 4 gig of ram and 64 gig internal. There is no problems here with the contact app. ok mine is done by zen.

Who is your contact app made by?

Try the zen ui and contact app. it even has a mic to call up contact
    04-22-17 08:53 AM
    it depends, I have a zenfone 3, 4 gig of ram and 64 gig internal. There is no problems here with the contact app. ok mine is done by zen.

Who is your contact app made by?

Try the zen ui and contact app. it even has a mic to call up contact
    I am using the Blackberry Contact app. Priv is buggy and slow...my concern KEYone will be the same.
    04-22-17 09:07 AM
    I am using the Blackberry Contact app. Priv is buggy and slow...my concern KEYone will be the same.
    like I said try the zen ui and contact app. if it does the same as the one from BB then it would be the phone. If not then it's the BB contact app that would not be great
    04-22-17 09:14 AM
    like I said try the zen ui and contact app. if it does the same as the one from BB then it would be the phone. If not then it's the BB contact app that would not be great
    Ok...will try! Thx
    04-22-17 09:41 AM
    I currently own a Priv and it is very buggy. The contact app takes forever to load. I am afraid the KEYone will have the same issues based on the announced specs. Thoughts?
    The PRIV is buggy in general. The specs are actually worse. That Snapdragon 808 that's powering the PRIV is very inefficient. Any lag or heat issues I had with my PRIV were resolved on my DTEK60. I expect the KEYone to be the same.
    04-22-17 10:50 AM
    The PRIV is buggy in general. The specs are actually worse. That Snapdragon 808 that's powering the PRIV is very inefficient. Any lag or heat issues I had with my PRIV were resolved on my DTEK60. I expect the KEYone to be the same.
    The same as DTEK devices.... Yes.

I'm sure the KeyONE will perform very well.
    04-22-17 11:17 AM
    Priv's processor is a very flawed one. Qualcomm dropped the ball on the 808 and 810. And Priv had to be throttled even more because the heat was too much.

So I'd say KEYone will be fine. Even though the benchmarks say they're about the same people have said the 625 is pretty snappy.
    04-22-17 11:20 AM
    You have Priv or something else ? My Priv don't do this!
    04-22-17 11:23 AM
    You have Priv or something else ? My Priv don't do this!
    Depends how heavily you use it and what apps.

I can have it hang on me just trying to load web pages.

But mostly the horrible user experience comes from Snapchat and Maps. And especially when I'm multitasking
    04-22-17 12:37 PM
    Priv's processor is a very flawed one. Qualcomm dropped the ball on the 808 and 810. And Priv had to be throttled even more because the heat was too much.

So I'd say KEYone will be fine. Even though the benchmarks say they're about the same people have said the 625 is pretty snappy.
    And this is the reason I really LOVE BlackBerry for chosing the Snapdragon 625 this time. All heat issues will be finally gone. Perfect summer device 😉😀
    04-22-17 12:54 PM
    I have LG's V10 with the 808, and I have to agree about the heat. Not always, but under load--seeking signal, or using GPS--that sucker gets HOT.

And on top of that, LG had manufacturing issues that the heat made worse. Fortunately, LG stepped up to the plate (for me, anyway) and repaired two units FREE, under warranty, even though the units were 17 months old.

I owe LG my buying a new V30 when it comes out, but until then I'll try a K1.
    mithrazor likes this.
    04-22-17 01:57 PM
    Depends how heavily you use it and what apps.

I can have it hang on me just trying to load web pages.

But mostly the horrible user experience comes from Snapchat and Maps. And especially when I'm multitasking
    May be your Priv need to be autoload or reset! I can't hang my priv with 4 emails and all other apps in it ( I don't play games mostly).
    04-22-17 04:41 PM
    Other than snapchat I've never found the priv to actually consistently lag or hang. It does happen sometimes but that 1 second lag during the day is not really worth mentioning
    04-22-17 07:13 PM
    KEYone is going to be disaster and a long-due last nail in the coffin of BlackBerry.

All excitement around its launch only can be found in here, this forum, which is for a year hosted by the BlackBerry, and most probably paid to advertise KEYone; so no surprise.

It can anyway be explained as intensity of flame before it goes off.

They never fixed the problem (outdated specs, and that too over-priced).
    04-22-17 11:04 PM
    Loads fine on DTEK 60
    04-22-17 11:07 PM
    KEYone is going to be disaster and a long-due last nail in the coffin of BlackBerry.

All excitement around its launch only can be found in here, this forum, which is for a year hosted by the BlackBerry, and most probably paid to advertise KEYone; so no surprise.

The specs aren't outdated... its not a flagship device, the dtek60 is the flagship and its a great device for the price, and will probably be receiving an update during 2017.

Price is what it is. Devices don't launch at budget prices, and it's probably going to be a 0$ phone from carriers at this price.
    04-22-17 11:10 PM

Trolling I see! First of all, you should do your research about BlackBerry and what drives their revenue these days. (Hint-- its not phones)
    When you find another physical keyboard Android device with great specs like KEYone then let us know.
    Bfalcon1 and raqball like this.
    04-22-17 11:20 PM
    Trolling I see! First of all, you should do your research about BlackBerry and what drives their revenue these days. (Hint-- its not phones)
    When you find another physical keyboard Android device with great specs like KEYone then let us know.
    I understand It is easy to disregard an opinion as 'trolling'. Physical keyboard worth $500 must come with a very great device.

[with losing hardware, they're going to lose software as well. they will be left with no devices to put their software into.]
    04-23-17 04:24 AM
    The specs aren't outdated...
    Really? Did you look into it? Single-camera setup, lower screen pixel density (434ppi), slow processor (Snapdragon 625), etc. It is not even water-resistant.
    04-23-17 04:34 AM
    Honestly you won't see the difference between 433ppi and like 500ppi. The only difference is that 500 drains more battery, and I prefer a longer time with same capacity over some pixels more which you won't see anyway unless you use a hand lens. And why would I need dual camera lenses?
    The cpu was chosen for the sake of longer battery life which I prefer, since I won't be gaming on that device anyway

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    04-23-17 04:39 AM
    I understand It is easy to disregard an opinion as 'trolling'. Physical keyboard worth $500 must come with a very great device.

[with losing hardware, they're going to lose software as well. they will be left with no devices to put their software into.]
    thats why its priced right for mid level phone! why so fuss?

Posted by Passport SE
    04-23-17 06:16 AM
    Really? Did you look into it? Single-camera setup, lower screen pixel density (434ppi), slow processor (Snapdragon 625), etc. It is not even water-resistant.
    I can handle all my work on Priv (I own two companies) why keyone can't?? main problem with Priv I faced is less battery juice. I think keyone shall be perfect for me. what else we can expect from a phone? we don't need to run NASA shuttle from our cell phone.

Posted by Passport SE
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    04-23-17 06:20 AM
    Don't feed the troll guys. There has been about 15 last nails in BB's coffin already...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    04-23-17 09:35 AM

did you actually formed your opinion by hands on evaluation? or just hand waving try to get some attention? if it is formal, please unlightening us with facts. if later, please go short the stock and let's see if you can put your money where your mouth is ;-) it is not going to be very long we will see how it is judged... (please come back and tell us how much money you have made by your prediction).
    raqball likes this.
    04-23-17 12:15 PM
37 12