If you use quotations in a response, that person should actually have used that word in their post for yours to have any validity.

Did I say all BB10 users are insane? No. But anyone polluting Android phone threads with BB10 begging is. Android provides the most choice, but you called me a crowd-follower, and I responded that I prefer Android for the options it provides, not because I can't think for myself.

People like you make me glad BB10 is dying.
    Maybe you should re-read my post if you think I quoted something that wasn't said...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-30-16 12:19 PM
    Yah, you're right, it is about choice. So what if you want a physical keyboard? Where's your choice for that? What if you want a trackpad for easy selection or clicking on small links on a website not optimized for mobile? What if you're not satisfied with needing to look at your phone to do anything rather than having physical buttons so you can do a lot of what you need to do without even looking at your phone so you can pay attention to other things? What if you don't like that while connected to a blue-tooth speaker your phone announces to the entire world that you're getting notifications because it interrupts your music to broadcast the notifications through the speakers? What if you want an easy way to pause said music while your phone is still in your pocket or holster?

And there is a loader that gives you gestures like peek into your hub from within any app on Android? Link please, I would like to load it on the Android I use for work, I would like a link to a hub for Android too, this using a separate app for every notification type thing is ridiculous. And needing to reach all the way to the top of the screen just to see unread notifications is too tedious. And please link me an app where my screen brightness would automatically adjust from within any app because constantly needing to manually adjust my brightness is annoying. Something I never have to look at with my BB.

And has Android finally allowed you to long press your volume keys to skip forward or back tracks on music you're listening to? If not, please link me to the app that allows that. Link to the app that would allow me one-button homescreen shortcuts like I have with my physical keyboard. Not shortcut icons because it needs to be accessible from anywhere, meaning no scrolling through pages of apps. Link to the app that allows me to type without looking like I'm doing now without announcing to the world what I want to type. Link me to the app where you can assign custom ringtones for individual contacts specific to what type of communication it is (one ringtone if Andrew sends me a text, another if Andrew sends me an email, another if Carlos sends me a text, and another if Carlos sends me an email, etc. I always know who is calling, who is sending me what, always without even looking at my phone.).

I can go on, but my point isn't that *you* particularly need any of those features, but you talk about choices, so show me where an Android can do those things. And instead of generic "you can change it!" what particular Android feature would I find useful to replace the way BB10 performs said function? Please be specific.

Edit: And BTW, I really do want to know where, if these apps exist, not just asking to be a smartass. I know eventually we need to all fall into the google collective, so I know I'll be using one sometime in the future and would like to have the best experience possible, not the one I'm having with my current Android that I use for work.

I've been looking to do a lot of the same as you on Android and have an LG V10 I'm using with the intent to both secure and "Blackberry-ize" as much as possible. I've been very happy with these three apps:

All in One Gestures by YS Liang
    Finger Gesture Launcher by Carlos Morera de la Chica
    Swipe Launcher by Zentertain

Give these a shot on an Android phone and I think you'll be happy with the results. Is it exactly the same? No. Is it damn good on an Android? Absolutely. Not to mention, LG's phones give you the option to add a notification bar pulldown/up button into the virtual toolbar along with qslide apps. Check it out. It's very useful and avoids having to reach up super far to pull the bar down

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 01:00 PM
    I've been looking to do a lot of the same as you on Android and have an LG V10 I'm using with the intent to both secure and "Blackberry-ize" as much as possible. I've been very happy with these three apps:

All in One Gestures by YS Liang
    Finger Gesture Launcher by Carlos Morera de la Chica
    Swipe Launcher by Zentertain

Give these a shot on an Android phone and I think you'll be happy with the results. Is it exactly the same? No. Is it damn good on an Android? Absolutely. Not to mention, LG's phones give you the option to add a notification bar pulldown/up button into the virtual toolbar along with qslide apps. Check it out. It's very useful and avoids having to reach up super far to pull the bar down

Posted via CB10
    Already tried all-in-one and it was OK, not as good as BB10, but better than stock Android, but sometimes it wouldn't work. But I could try it again to see if they have made any improvements...

Edit: Thanks for the other suggestions, I'll look into them too.

03-30-16 01:23 PM
    Maybe you should re-read my post if you think I quoted something that wasn't said...

Done. I believe you should now do the same with both posts.
    03-30-16 02:06 PM
    Done. I believe you should now do the same with both posts.
    *sigh* I'll spell it out for you since apparently it's so difficult to read a previous comment. The only thing I quoted from you is "the best" and here is what you said: "...claim that BB10 is "the best", ignoring..."

If you're talking about "coincidentally" that's in quotes because I'm implying it's not a coincidence that the only group that no negative connotation applies to is your own.

Is that simple enough for you or need further explanation?

03-30-16 02:43 PM
    *sigh* I'll spell it out for you since apparently it's so difficult to read a previous comment. The only thing I quoted from you is "the best" and here is what you said: "...claim that BB10 is "the best", ignoring..."

If you're talking about "coincidentally" that's in quotes because I'm implying it's not a coincidence that the only group that no negative connotation applies to is your own.

Is that simple enough for you or need further explanation?

The structure of the sentence, "who you identify with 'coincidentally'", implies that you're citing a direct quote. You'd be a more effective writer and would properly convey sarcasm if you said, "who you, coincidentally, identify with". The presence of "coincidentally" in that sentence implies that you don't believe it to be a coincidence, and effectively conveys your intent without the need for quotations. The more you know.
    03-30-16 03:29 PM
    The structure of the sentence, "who you identify with 'coincidentally'", implies that you're citing a direct quote. You'd be a more effective writer and would properly convey sarcasm if you said, "who you, coincidentally, identify with". The presence of "coincidentally" in that sentence implies that you don't believe it to be a coincidence, and effectively conveys your intent without the need for quotations. The more you know.
    Uh, you can't be serious right? Without the quotes, that would not imply anything, it would mean that I seriously believe that it is a coincidence that the only group you exclude from scrutiny is the one you belong to... With the quotes implies sarcasm... This might be a stupid example since I don't do this myself, but it's like when someone is talking to you and they do the hand quotes, that means what they said while doing that is obviously not true... Anyway, I shouldn't harp on you, I understand not everyone I talk to online are native English speakers. I have good confidence in the British school I learned English from growing up.

03-30-16 05:20 PM
    Uh, you can't be serious right? Without the quotes, that would not imply anything, it would mean that I seriously believe that it is a coincidence that the only group you exclude from scrutiny is the one you belong to... With the quotes implies sarcasm... This might be a stupid example since I don't do this myself, but it's like when someone is talking to you and they do the hand quotes, that means what they said while doing that is obviously not true... Anyway, I shouldn't harp on you, I understand not everyone I talk to online are native English speakers. I have good confidence in the British school I learned English from growing up.

Yep, an American college-educated journalism major isn't a native English speaker. Nailed it.
    04-01-16 10:09 AM
    Yep, an American college-educated journalism major isn't a native English speaker. Nailed it.
    Well then you have absolutely no excuse for not comprehending something so simple. So under your logic, every word in this post is meant to be sarcastic since none of it was in quotes right? Just curious.

04-01-16 10:23 AM
    Sounds amazing!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-08-16 08:08 PM
    What about a first in smartphone... dual boot android and BB10

BlackBerry Passport Black
    That would be cool but it is not going to be a mid range phone."Maybe next year" with duel sim cards as well!
    04-09-16 07:56 PM
    Hormel has Spam with cheese
    04-28-16 08:24 AM
    Why not make it a quad-boot OS? 5,5" full HD 3D curved amoled display, 8945mAh battery, 24MP 4K camera and the possibility to boot in BlackBerry 10, Android, Windows or Sailfish (because f u Apple :P)

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 
    04-28-16 11:41 AM
    It would be really cool to have the finger print scanner on the trackpad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    05-01-16 08:28 AM
    What was that thing that allows both OS to run together???....???

Looooooooool

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 08:41 AM
    Why not make it a quad-boot OS? 5,5" full HD 3D curved amoled display, 8945mAh battery, 24MP 4K camera and the possibility to boot in BlackBerry 10, Android, Windows or Sailfish (because f u Apple :P)

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 
    Sounds good but it better not cost more than $399 factory unlocked & off-contract.
    05-01-16 08:46 AM
    Um, while I agree that it'll most definitely have Android and I'm not one of the people who will expect BB to put BB10 on this phone, but your comparisons are so off the mark. You're basically just supporting something because other people support it. You're letting everyone except yourself decide what is best for you. People who like BB10 over Android are not "dinosaurs." They are people who like the features offered by BB10 despite what the "majority" thinks. Not saying that one is "better" than the other, they are different and as different individuals we should all have our own subjective opinions on which is better FOR US.

Unfortunately your way of thinking of "well, that's the direction everyone else is going, I'll just go the same way so I don't stand out" is the prominent one so once something gains steam it'll become a monopoly until it turns stale rather than having technology continually improve and evolve like it used to when competition actually existed in the technology markets.

Nobody is thinking of sticking with a horse over a car. People are choosing Toyota over Honda, Ford over Chevy, Porsche over BMW, etc. Different but on a similar level.

Dinosaurs = yes that is exactly right.
    BB 10 is dead.
    This is not Hondas vs. Toyotas (no point elevating BB10 to same level as android).
    More like Live streaming vs cassette tapes.
    Even BB is smart enough to change direction, hence Priv.
    People wake up. Flip the "kill switch".
    After being with BB for >10 years, I switched to galaxy S7 2 weeks ago.
    Its the best phone out there. Night and day. Believe me.
    I use my Q10 for paper weight these days.
    05-01-16 09:37 AM
    Huge battery, that you can take out. This feature was just awesome on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 04:06 PM
    Dinosaurs = yes that is exactly right.
    BB 10 is dead.
    This is not Hondas vs. Toyotas (no point elevating BB10 to same level as android).
    More like Live streaming vs cassette tapes.
    Even BB is smart enough to change direction, hence Priv.
    People wake up. Flip the "kill switch".
    After being with BB for >10 years, I switched to galaxy S7 2 weeks ago.
    Its the best phone out there. Night and day. Believe me.
    I use my Q10 for paper weight these days.
    Uh, I use an Android every day for work. I don't need to "believe" you. I am fully aware of Android. It's better FOR YOU and it's the best IN YOUR OPINION. I know you like to feel important like your opinions are the gold standard, but sorry, the world doesn't work that way...

05-01-16 04:52 PM
69 123