So most device players have announced their year end offerings except blackberry.

Seeing the (relative) luke warm response of the iPhone 7 and the explosive note 7, I think blackberry has a chance of getting a little more attention this time if hey have something different to offer.

I'd say a PKB android secure phone would be just that but it needs to be announced NOW!

Any good rumours or news heard/known lately?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by The Big Picture; 09-10-16 at 03:44 PM.
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    09-10-16 09:38 AM
    I think they've learned their lesson regarding announcing their phones ahead of time and promising a release date...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-10-16 12:55 PM
    Agree 100%. Although, as stated above if it's not ready it's better to delay it for a bit.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 11:20 AM
    Problem is that there is so much silence that some people may give up and move on. My daughter�s Q10 is reaching the end, and she really wants a pkb phone. The Priv isn't her thing. If she's going to go to all touch, she may end up on iOS or another Android. There have to be others like her, but maybe not enough for BlackBerry to go ahead with a new device?

deadcowboy likes this.
    09-11-16 12:32 PM
    I think they've learned their lesson regarding announcing their phones ahead of time and promising a release date...

Launching the phone late eventually isn't the right solution either
    They need that phone before 2016 ends
    A lot of people might be forced to leave BB10 because of lack of WhatsApp. And when they won't find a keyboard phone running Android from BlackBerry (most won't consider the priv because of the same reason as yours) they will end up buying a samsung or iPhone

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    deadcowboy and skinnymike1 like this.
    09-11-16 01:53 PM
    I hope that new phone will be a Passport 2 with Android

Posted via CB10
    Understandable likes this.
    09-11-16 02:09 PM
    Launching the phone late eventually isn't the right solution either
    They need that phone before 2016 ends
    A lot of people might be forced to leave BB10 because of lack of WhatsApp. And when they won't find a keyboard phone running Android from BlackBerry (most won't consider the priv because of the same reason as yours) they will end up buying a samsung or iPhone

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    But it isn't "late" if they never promised a release date...

09-11-16 03:04 PM
    I hope that new phone will be a Passport 2 with Android

Posted via CB10
    That would be something!
    09-12-16 02:12 AM
    Agree 100%. Although, as stated above if it's not ready it's better to delay it for a bit.

Posted via CB10

Here's a question:

What would there be really that wouldn't be 'ready'? lol.

It's not as if they're building their own OS anymore.
    deadcowboy, fanBBRY and jakie55 like this.
    09-12-16 07:03 AM
    But it isn't "late" if they never promised a release date...

well, too late for this cycle of customers. too late for those who are being forced to leave bb10, more importantly. too late for back to school. too late to snag fed up ios users and capitalize on that apathy with something unique and no-nonsense.

so yeah, late
    09-12-16 07:17 AM
    1) You can bet Chen is watching sales of the DTEK and the PRIV.... just because they said they were releasing two more new phones, doesn't mean that they will if sales don't support them staying in hardware.

2) TCL has been a little off on hitting their release dates, and there has been some fluctuations in their plans... these could affect what and when BlackBerry ends up releasing.

At this point I would not expect to hear much from BlackBerry until the earnings report at the end of the month. Maybe then the will talk about the new devices on the horizon, and just how committed they are to BB10 and those much longed for NIAP certifications.
    09-12-16 07:41 AM
    If they want to stay present in the market they should do it, if sales figures of DTEK justify or not - keep pushing showing presence!

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 08:29 AM
    too late to snag fed up ios users and capitalize on that apathy with something unique and no-nonsense.
    This is an insignificant demographic.
    09-12-16 09:45 AM
    Here's a question:

I was thinking build quality, ie no exploding, overheating, screen lifting etc. Although I suppose that those aspects are determined at design time more than by delaying it further.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 12:28 PM

Agreed!

Posted via Priv
    09-12-16 12:37 PM

Or may be in those times BlackBerry filled their empty pockets for a while with announcements

Posted via Priv
    09-12-16 12:38 PM
    1) You can bet Chen is watching sales of the DTEK and the PRIV.... just because they said they were releasing two more new phones, doesn't mean that they will if sales don't support them staying in hardware.
    Which is dumb because the Priv and DTEK are bad handsets. At least the Priv isn't boring.
    09-12-16 05:00 PM
    Here's a question:

Android N 7.1 will be coming with the new Pixel (formerly Nexus) phone from HTC, according to rumours. Any chance BlackBerry has its software suite running the show on it?! As JC said, they're in software licensing mode. And he's got a special project with Google and Nougat. Or I could just be completely off base here.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 09:43 PM
    I completely agree with most comments. BlackBerry's strategy on devices is poor. I believe they can do to hardware. But a communications plan is fundamental to success. Consumers want to plan too.. BlackBerry needs a product cycle and should stick to it! It needs to bring back it's BlackBerry World event and do a show each year. First week of October, focus on mobile security. Announce two phones. Simple.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    09-13-16 01:31 AM
    Are these the code names for the soon to be released Z10 and Q10? Still holding out hope that they're great.

09-13-16 01:37 AM
    Blackberry is going to lose most of its current PKB users.

Because of whatsapp mainly, but also because of BB10 aging and the Q10, Q5, Classic and passports are very old by today's standards.

I personally know at least 5 people not including myself who are currently using passports and classics who are waiting for the rome/mercury.

And no they don't like the priv.

If they release the argon first it will be a huge mistake.

09-13-16 06:02 AM

Because of whatsapp mainly, but also because of BB10 aging and the Q10, Q5, Classic and passports are very old by today's standards.

I personally know at least 5 people not including myself who are currently using passports and classics who are waiting for the rome/mercury.

FULL ACK! I'm with you!...

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 02:42 PM

I know at least two people who are awaiting an Android keyboard phone. A real one, not the Priv (which is too large and the keyboard is to weak).

I make three. And all three of us are switching from Sony and Apple handsets (though I'm switching back to the Passport until WhatsApp dies).
    09-13-16 05:37 PM

+1
    TheGraduate likes this.
    09-14-16 05:16 AM

+1

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 06:34 AM
43 12