Ok, Marketing is ramped up at Youtube ... a bit:

Uzi, thekidshop and erwinfr like this.
    04-22-17 06:37 AM
    It was about time

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 07:03 AM
    Teasing by Blackberry Mobile 😉😉
    Attached Thumbnails Offcial Promo-Video from blackberrymobile at youtube-screenshot_2017-04-22-14-30-36.jpg  
    04-22-17 07:32 AM
    I like that they made a video . I just didn't care for that particular video . Maybe it was the music or something idk. I have been impressed tho with their instagram post . Those images are spectacular
    04-22-17 07:43 AM
    Lets see how these shortcuts mess your typing experience

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    Brian Embry likes this.
    04-22-17 08:39 AM

Why would they mess your typing experience? BlackBerry pkb devices have had shortcuts for a very long time. It's never been an issue.
    04-22-17 08:57 AM

Somebody never used a BlackBerry with a physical keyboard before?
    04-22-17 09:18 AM
    They never used one before. Very obviously.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    04-22-17 09:29 AM
    Yeah. Pure ignorance hurts my eyes.
    04-22-17 12:18 PM
    Yeah. Pure ignorance hurts my eyes.
    I cant be without those shortcuts anymore. Neither can I live without the pkb. Waiting on the K1 to finally be released.
    ardakca, pooyam and Nels like this.
    04-22-17 12:48 PM
    Interesting that they put their focus on it, as it is not really new and also existing on the priv.
    04-22-17 12:51 PM
    Interesting that they put their focus on it, as it is not really new and also existing on the priv.
    Except BB never advertised anything about it. So all of these features, such as that shortcuts and capacitive keyboard, might as well be brand new to the majority of consumers' eyes...
    04-22-17 04:35 PM
    They never used one before. Very obviously.
    yes, why do they press the words for completion instead of flicking up ☝

That would have been a great cliffhanger to video No.2 "capacitive keyboard"

But great to see some gtd ads from BBMOBILE
    04-22-17 04:40 PM
    yes, why do they press the words for completion instead of flicking up ☝ ...
    Because they are all on a single line and that way you don't accidently hit the navigation buttons.
    04-22-17 04:54 PM
    Because they are all on a single line and that way you don't accidently hit the navigation buttons.
    You mean the user is not used to the new the 1 keyboard and would hit the permanent nav buttons by flicking? Guess I start to like the lower layered Priv pkb more now
    04-22-17 05:14 PM
    How do the short press shortcuts work? Am I going to be accidentally opening apps all the time? I had the bold 9900 and Q10 and the keyboard and I would press random keys all the time simply because they felt so smooth, it was a stress reliever. I guess you can just simply not enable short press shortcuts.
    04-22-17 10:58 PM
    How do the short press shortcuts work? Am I going to be accidentally opening apps all the time? I had the bold 9900 and Q10 and the keyboard and I would press random keys all the time simply because they felt so smooth, it was a stress reliever. I guess you can just simply not enable short press shortcuts.
    I haven't used the priv but I'm assuming a short tap will action the device search or something similar to the BlackBerry 10 assistant. A slightly longer hold will prompt the short press shortcut and obviously the longer you hold will action the long press shortcut.

You don't have to assign the keys to either short or long presses. Not all my keys on my classic are assigned to actions or apps.

So judging by your use, long presses might be an option? I don't think the classic has that option. So that's definitely new to me. If long presses can be done, well, I haven't taken advantage of it

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 11:06 PM
    You've still got to linger a little longer on the key for the short cut to work.

Be aware though that the shortcuts won't work until you're on the home screen.
    04-22-17 11:08 PM
    That's good to know, can't wait to have this phone
    04-22-17 11:17 PM
    I haven't used the priv but I'm assuming a short tap will action the device search or something similar to the BlackBerry 10 assistant. A slightly longer hold will prompt the short press shortcut and obviously the longer you hold will action the long press shortcut.

You don't have to assign the keys to either short or long presses. Not all my keys on my classic are assigned to actions or apps.

So judging by your use, long presses might be an option? I don't think the classic has that option. So that's definitely new to me. If long presses can be done, well, I haven't taken advantage of it

Posted via CB10
    Yes, 26 short and 26 long shortcuts are possible on the blackdroids.
    04-22-17 11:19 PM
    Just answered here where pkb long-/short-press shortcuts and device search is explained in detail:

/blackberry-android-os-f456/start-typing-universal-device-search-1106177/
    04-23-17 01:23 AM
    KEYBOARD ASSIGNING PART OF THE DEMO....
    8second mark was a bit confusing on first go around, wasn't clear enough the letters were keyboard assignments, or just an alphabetical listing of the apps you have loaded (couldn't see the title long enough, or no caption explaining what that step was....
    As that would be confusing for a non-blackberry user, or a BlackBerry user coming from bb10 or older.

BTW...Short press and long-press become very intuitive once you do it just a couple of times (From BB10 experience), so no worrys about making mistakes at all, you most likely won't.

xylaphone though? I dunno. What background music would you suggest for that demo? A rapper sing-talking the instructions out really quickly?
    04-23-17 12:13 PM
    I hate that background elevator music.
    Flatman likes this.
    04-23-17 12:22 PM
    There was a time that you didn't know anything about a PKB. Help the people that don't know what is up with the PKB. You will help create a positive BlackBerry culture.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-23-17 02:37 PM
    I hate that background elevator music.
    Agreed haha
    Flatman likes this.
    04-23-17 02:38 PM