I'm maybe wrong but it seems such a waste to not have a long press shortcut on that big space bar at the bottom?
    Perhaps there is a technical reason or it may come in an update.

It would be great to have it as a Home button...
    05-29-17 05:06 PM
    tapping the space bar is the same as having a page down key
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-29-17 05:17 PM
    Great. And I just found one too! Double tapping the space bar, (not clicking) with text allows left right control of the cursor. Very nice.
    05-29-17 05:25 PM
    Yes, and tapping while holding shift key is page up.
    05-29-17 05:30 PM
    Great. And I just found one too! Double tapping the space bar, (not clicking) with text allows left right control of the cursor. Very nice.
    That works double tapping anywhere on the keyboard I believe.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-29-17 05:32 PM
    What about page down?
    05-29-17 05:32 PM
    That works double tapping anywhere on the keyboard I believe.
    You are indeed right!
    05-29-17 05:52 PM
    This is the great thing about the BlackBerry PKB, there always seems to something new to learn.
    And if you haven't already downloaded it, Alain Grange's Keyboard Browser app is a must for every Keyone and Priv user.
    newmembername likes this.
    05-29-17 06:14 PM
    This is the great thing about the BlackBerry PKB, there always seems to something new to learn.
    And if you haven't already downloaded it, Alain Grange's Keyboard Browser app is a must for every Keyone and Priv user.
    Thanks

I should say I've only just discovered that there is no need to touch the on/off/sleep button on the left hand side. Just using the fingerprint on the spacebar will wake the K1 up...now that is something I'm glad I now know!
    05-29-17 06:17 PM
    I found a way to do this i.e returning to the home screen via the physical space bar., search "button remapper" on play store and there is an app called "buttons remapper no root".

Ive assigned a press of 0.25 secs on the space bar to return to the home screen.

I tried a few other apps but they jumped to the home screen when hitting the space bar typing a message. This app works perfectly at least for this specific usage.
    Last edited by Moshi Monster; 06-03-17 at 07:10 PM. Reason: To clarify
    06-03-17 07:08 PM
    Not the spacebar--anywhere on the keyboard.

For me it's tap-tap-paaause remove finger. Direction arrows appear.
    06-03-17 07:36 PM
    Also, for those people who need to type on the VKB either in portrait or landscape using another language, if you long press the spacebar a pop-up window comes up so you can toggle between languages. One of my favorite features. This works great on the kakao app for instance. Able to communicate with my mom so much easier.
    06-03-17 08:03 PM
    I found a way to do this i.e returning to the home screen via the physical space bar., search "button remapper" on play store and there is an app called "buttons remapper no root".

Ive assigned a press of 0.25 secs on the space bar to return to the home screen.

I tried a few other apps but they jumped to the home screen when hitting the space bar typing a message. This app works perfectly at least for this specific usage.
    Thanks this works pretty good

I do have one problem

I want to set double tap space to go to hub. When I'm at the home screen (nova launcher) there's a huge delay
    When I'm in an app it's instant.

However when I set the convenience key that it's instant at the home screen
    06-03-17 09:17 PM
    Is there an equivalent to what I had on the Q10 where I pressed T to scroll all the way to the top and B to scroll all the way to the bottom in a single tap?
    06-03-17 09:24 PM
    Is there an equivalent to what I had on the Q10 where I pressed T to scroll all the way to the top and B to scroll all the way to the bottom in a single tap?
    This does already work within some apps and websites.
    To get it to work on all websites, have a look at Alain Grange's Keyboard Browser app. It will greatly enhance your web browsing by enabling you to do lots more directly from the keyboard. I.e. Without touching the screen.
    Pinch to zoom using the keyboard (just like on the Passport) is especially great!
    06-04-17 02:35 AM
    Also, for those people who need to type on the VKB either in portrait or landscape using another language, if you long press the spacebar a pop-up window comes up so you can toggle between languages. One of my favorite features. This works great on the kakao app for instance. Able to communicate with my mom so much easier.
    Vkb: swipe from left to right on the space bar change input language instantly
    06-04-17 02:43 AM
    Wish the spacebar would be customizable. I keep pressing it thinking it should go back to "Home" and when I do this in Whatsapp for instance it pops up a black rectangle and won't go away until I fully quit Whatsapp. Definitely a bug. I hope an update will fix this.
    06-07-17 11:34 AM
    I have the black rectangle too - no idea what I did, it just appeared in WhatsApp!
    03-20-19 10:30 AM