It seems a bit weird that after all this time since the unveiling and multiple reviews online nobody has bothered to tell us how the device performs. It's either they don't find it that impressive or that they couldn't make it past the mandatory time it took to review it and then happily removed the sim to plug it in their /your device here/.

Can we collect battery life reports here? Since BB chose to cripple CPU power for battery life, I would assume this would be a key selling point, but silence thus far.

And my Z10 is 3,5 years old and barely lasts 12 hours on a charge.
    03-20-17 11:46 PM
    I believe Kevin made comments while in Barcelona how he fired the phone up in the morning (I believe 8:00 Am and he was still at 46 percent at 9 pm. And I'm sure he was going hard.
    03-20-17 11:50 PM
    Not really sure that qualifies as a report. And it's been weeks since then.
    03-20-17 11:56 PM
    It seems a bit weird that after all this time since the unveiling and multiple reviews online nobody has bothered to tell us how the device performs. It's either they don't find it that impressive or that they couldn't make it past the mandatory time it took to review it and then happily removed the sim to plug it in their /your device here/.

Can we collect battery life reports here? Since BB chose to cripple CPU power for battery life, I would assume this would be a key selling point, but silence thus far.

Watch CB 10 Podcast 3 on YouTube. Somewhere around the middle of the video
    03-20-17 11:57 PM
    Was he not reporting it to us? Lol.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-21-17 01:40 AM
    Let's hope it is as good as CBK said it was on pre-production hardware. Won't know for sure until we get an actual phone in hand, sadly.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 07:19 AM

At the CB Miami meetup this past Friday, Kevin stated several times that during his Barcelona trip the KEYone was still at 46% while the rest of the MN team had their devices plugged to the charger. We are talking about DTEK60, Pixel, iPhone, Samsung, and LG. Also, I didn't notice a significant battery drain during the meetup, and the phone was constantly in use.
    03-21-17 07:31 AM
    Keep in mind.... this isn't production hardware or software. So a "report" probably isn't going to mean a whole lot right now.

Patience. Eventually they will release the phone and people will be posting screen shots of 3 days of battery life....
    03-21-17 07:37 AM
    It has great battery life. That is my review.
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-21-17 07:39 AM
    Patience. Eventually they will release the phone and people will be posting screen shots of 3 days of battery life....

Dude, if this thing goes past the 48h mark with normal usage times, I'll sell my laptop to buy one!
    03-21-17 08:02 AM
    Sorry, only fake life battery reports. But let me tell you, when we put the KEYone inside a cartoon for the characters to use, the battery lasted forever...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-21-17 08:10 AM
    I think at this point you can't have a report. Software is not finalized and optimization of software plays a significant role here.

Given Kevin's feedback and the specs I am going to guess battery will be fantastic.

Crippling I think is a harsh word to use for the 625 Snapdragon. Look up the specs on it. It's not an 835 Snapdragon but some bench marks report it around the 820 Snapdragon.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-21-17 08:15 AM
    Dude, if this thing goes past the 48h mark with normal usage times, I'll sell my laptop to buy one!
    Depends on usage... some posted 48 Hrs with the Z10. Me I couldn't get a good 6 or 7 hours out of it with "my" real world usage. My Droid Turbo with the 810 Processor (very power hungry processor) and a 3700mAh battery can go two+ days for me (before Android 7 I could), I would expect the KEYone would last much longer.
    03-21-17 08:58 AM
    Well unless you know anyone else with a KEYone it's about the best we have until production units are released for review
    03-21-17 11:27 AM
    The battery with it's specs will have a better mixed use then the BlackBerry Passport with a few hours.
    03-21-17 12:28 PM
    Personally I've gone by reports of similar spec phones and gone with that as a guide. If people had review units then you'd get your answer.

From what I've read it's going to be good unless those backlit keys are a huge battery drain

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 02:34 PM
    You could possibly wait for the production devices to fall in the hands of reviewers for them to post a "report". Or you could trust the word of Kevin who has been reporting on things such as cell phones, to include battery usage, for as long as some here have had a phone.
    03-22-17 03:23 PM
    Battery life is probably going to be good... but it will depend a lot on usage. If the user runs lots of CPU intensive apps, the CPU might "rush" more than a faster model, killing battery much faster.

But for normal word processing and emails, I would guess that battery will be phenomenal
    03-22-17 03:31 PM
    Maybe time to buy a replacement battery, since it is removable? Lithium batteries start to degrade as soon as they're manufactured, whether you use them or not. Make sure you get a recently manufactured one.

BB10 10.3.2.X improved battery life on the Z10 quite a bit, at least in my experience.
    03-22-17 03:58 PM
    It seems a bit weird that after all this time since the unveiling and multiple reviews online nobody has bothered to tell us how the device performs.
    Again, NONE of these are REVIEWS. They are initial and hands-on impressions. No one (except for Kevin and the super secret beta testers lol) have the device to even post a review and even if they did post a review, it would be based on pre-production software, which is really why you're NOT seeing any reviews. REVIEW hardware has NOT been sent out as of yet. This isn't difficult to understand.
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-22-17 04:02 PM
    Again, NONE of these are REVIEWS. They are initial and hands-on impressions. No one (except for Kevin and the super secret beta testers lol) have the device to even post a review and even if they did post a review, it would be based on pre-production software, which is really why you're NOT seeing any reviews. REVIEW hardware has NOT been sent out as of yet. This isn't difficult to understand.
    Apparently it must be hard to understand. You've got to get rid of that Halagonian accent, Bla1ze
    Last edited by jakie55; 03-22-17 at 08:46 PM.
    03-22-17 07:55 PM
    If i shut off location , dim brightness , wi-fi off , about 2 days on the passport .
    03-22-17 08:12 PM
    Apparently it must be hard to understand. You've got to get rid of that Halagonian accent, Bla1ze
    I been trying. Just can't shake it.
    th.1977 and jakie55 like this.
    03-22-17 10:23 PM