How do you guys feel about this? I knew I was going to miss the pause functionality like hell moving to Android, but now not being able to mute at all? I do believe I heard mr. Mobile saying the convenience key mutes the audio during a call. I would love to see this thing able to mute music as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 04:09 PM
    I just use the on screen mute in the phone app/dialer. I forget if my Z30 had a hardware button, if it did I used on screen. That way you can see if you are muted or not.
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    03-03-17 04:25 PM
    It's more about music for me. But yeah, muting the call without looking at the phone is very convenient, but not a dealbreaker, not by a long shot. The music though, albeit not a dealbreaker either, I would miss that terribly.

Posted via CB10
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    03-03-17 04:28 PM
    How do you guys feel about this? I knew I was going to miss the pause functionality like hell moving to Android, but now not being able to mute at all? I do believe I heard mr. Mobile saying the convenience key mutes the audio during a call. I would love to see this thing able to mute music as well.

Posted via CB10
    I wish for future BB phones to bring this button back. How Android users think it makes sense to need to take their phone out, look at the screen, and touch an icon just to pause the music playing is beyond me. I guess we're all just used to settling instead of demanding the best possible option... But give Frinky Music Controller a try. I think one of the features is to set a volume rocker combo to pause the music.
    03-03-17 04:31 PM
    I wish for future BB phones to bring this button back. How Android users think it makes sense to need to take their phone out, look at the screen, and touch an icon just to pause the music playing is beyond me. I guess we're all just used to settling instead of demanding the best possible option... But give Frinky Music Controller a try. I think one of the features is to set a volume rocker combo to pause the music.
    I really have to get used to the fact that I'm going to need to download a bunch of apps for stuff we used to do out of the box. Maybe BBMobile will listen and bring this feature back. It's definitely possible.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 04:35 PM
    Do you listen to music via the phone speakers? Maybe that's why, as I posted in the other thread I use headphones as I'm either in the office on commuting and the headphones have a play/pause button, don't even need the phone out of pocket!
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    03-03-17 04:42 PM
    Do you listen to music via the phone speakers? Maybe that's why, as I posted in the other thread I use headphones as I'm either in the office on commuting and the headphones have a play/pause button, don't even need the phone out of pocket!
    i do the same , but i really like the center mute button while in calls, i can just quickly touch with my thumb and say a few choice words and then return to my call with no feelings hurt
    lasoiveille and ShannonLoa like this.
    03-03-17 04:49 PM
    Yeah, just replied to your post there :lol: I actually do use the speakers a lot. Spoiled by the Z30 and the Passport. But even the Classic. Now with what I'm hearing about the K1 speakers, I know I'll be pumping them!

Posted via CB10
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    03-03-17 04:54 PM
    i do the same , but i really like the center mute button while in calls, i can just quickly touch with my thumb and say a few choice words and then return to my call with no feelings hurt
    I do that too while I'm browsing Facebook/instagram lol
    03-03-17 05:05 PM
    Yeah, just replied to your post there I actually do use the speakers a lot. Spoiled by the Z30 and the Passport. But even the Classic. Now with what I'm hearing about the K1 speakers, I know I'll be pumping them!

Posted via CB10
    You'll get used to not having it, might be a pain initially but will be ok.
    03-03-17 05:06 PM
    I don't think "to settle" isn't the best way to put it... like saying that a BB10 user settles to a device without apps or sideloading instead of getting a supported ecosystem... in every platform you take the good with the bad, there are several ways to accomplish the same, and we use what works for each individual need... just my unsettled opinion though...

03-03-17 05:10 PM
    I concur.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 05:19 PM
    So are u sayin we won't be able to make the convenience key pause and / or stop our music? Well wut the freak is the button for? Making pausing our music more convenient right? Lol.

But seriously, there won't be an option to make the convenience key pause music? Not a deal breaker but would be nice to be able to do.

Classic, Q10, Bold 9900, Bold 9000...do u notice the pattern? :-)
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    03-03-17 05:35 PM
    I use the BB Music Gateway to stream music to my car via BT. I'm not going to take my phone out and look at the screen while driving...
    03-03-17 06:13 PM
    I don't think "to settle" isn't the best way to put it... like saying that a BB10 user settles to a device without apps or sideloading instead of getting a supported ecosystem... in every platform you take the good with the bad, there are several ways to accomplish the same, and we use what works for each individual need... just my unsettled opinion though...
    It depends on if you need those apps or not. My wife has an Android. She literally has downloaded ONE app this entire time... I'm not that much of an app person either. While core features like what we're talking about affects everyone, not just those who need or want to use apps...
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    03-03-17 06:15 PM
    I use the BB Music Gateway to stream music to my car via BT. I'm not going to take my phone out and look at the screen while driving...
    Well you shouldn't be touching your phone either way. But it will come to a point where people will have to just get used to it.
    03-03-17 06:34 PM
    Well you shouldn't be touching your phone either way. But it will come to a point where people will have to just get used to it.
    Why not? I use a holster, I can play/pause/skip using the volume keys and the play/pause key without taking my eyes off the road at all. While sitting down it's literally a small movement with my arm to hit those buttons.
    terminatorx and ShannonLoa like this.
    03-03-17 06:47 PM
    I use the mute button alot when pairing with the UE boom. Going to miss this alot.
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    03-04-17 07:17 AM
    I thought they said the action button doubles as an app launcher and a mute key. Pretty sure

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 09:07 AM
    I thought they said the action button doubles as an app launcher and a mute key. Pretty sure

Posted via CB10
    It doubles as a mute key during phone calls. It's unclear whether this is possible with music as well. I think they'll have to code is, because the convenience key is set-up to do something else.

Posted via CB10
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    03-04-17 09:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are you not aware of the app called: "Buttons Remapper"?? (no root access required).
    Works like a charm for me when wanting to pause a song or any video I'm watching, e.g. Youtube.

Yes, I'm annoyed that TCL (BB? since they designed the K1) decided that it was a good idea to remove the pause/mute button. No phone of BB seems to be "PERFECT" (aside from the Boldie 9900 at the time).

Let's hope we can use a shortcut key to do so. [p] for pause and [m] for mute.

I'm also annoyed that the phone has a combined sim/sd card slot. I need to take out the sd card constantly and this means that I am disconnected from my phone network every time too. This could be solved, when they re-introduce USB MASS STORAGE mode so that there wouldn't be a need for power users like myself to take the SD card out, but THIS, will prolly never happen.
    Last edited by WT44; 03-04-17 at 10:08 AM.
    03-04-17 09:42 AM
    Are you not aware of the app called: "Buttons Remapper"?? (no root access required).
    Works like a charm for me when wanting to pause a song or any video I'm watching, e.g. Youtube.
    Really? So we can use that on the convenience key to pause music & videos? If so u just made my day :-)

ShannonLoa likes this.
    03-04-17 10:17 AM

Yes, I'm annoyed that TCL (BB? since they designed the K1) decided that it was a good idea to remove the pause/mute button. No phone of BB seems to be "PERFECT" (aside from the Boldie 9900 at the time).

Let's hope we can use a shortcut key to do so. [p] for pause and [m] for mute.

I'm also annoyed that the phone has a combined sim/sd card slot. I need to take out the sd card constantly and this means that I am disconnected from my phone network every time too. This could be solved, when they re-introduce USB MASS STORAGE mode so that there wouldn't be a need for power users like myself to take the SD card out, but THIS, will prolly never happen.
    Should've said "I know I will"... I have yet to make the switch. Going to be weird having to download apps for doing stuff I've been able to do out of the box for so long.

Posted via CB10
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    03-04-17 10:34 AM
    Really? So we can use that on the convenience key to pause music & videos? If so u just made my day :-)

That, I don't know. I have a Priv. I haven't owned the Dtek50 & Dtek60 and they are the only Droidberries that have a convenience key. I don't have a clue how the convenience key menu looks like on those two devices, nor do I know if you can only assign apps to it or something like pause & mute. Only thing I know is that with the Priv you can use the app: "Buttons Remapper" and assign pause or mute to the middle button. The real question with the K1 is whether or not you can assign pause/mute to the convenience key and/or whether or not you can assign pause & mute to for instance the [p] and [m] buttons since there isn't a middle button between the volume rocker any longer. I would prefer the latter option as I like to use the convenience key for something else. i.e. video camera. Double click on start button would then be for photo camera (like it is now).

Should've said "I know I will"... I have yet to make the switch. Going to be weird having to download apps for doing stuff I've been able to do out of the box for so long.

Posted via CB10
    Well, imo there is always some screw-up with every new device since the Boldie 9900.
    With the Droidberries/K1 it's the:
    a) Removal of middle pause/mute button.
    b) Permanent capacitive keys.
    c) Removal USB Mass storage since Lollipop.
    d) One tray slot for both SD/SIM. C/D are intertwined with one another since D is of no relevance if C would still be there.
    And the list goes on.
    terminatorx and ShannonLoa like this.
    03-04-17 10:54 AM
    The pause/mute key is stellar when you're browsing the web and those annoying video/audio ads come on.
    You don't have to scroll around the page to find the source. Just pause it with 1 click.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 05:06 PM
82 123 ...