I'll probably pick this up next year and hoping the price is reduce a fair bit. What's the typical trend of a price reduction after a year? I was hoping it would be closer to $550 CAD.
    02-27-17 11:34 PM
    I'll probably pick this up next year and hoping the price is reduce a fair bit. What's the typical trend of a price reduction after a year? I was hoping it would be closer to $550 CAD.
    Depends on if they overproduce it? With the PRIV if you waited six months you could get it for little over 50% off. But if they keep production close to what sales are... at best you might see $100 off after a year's time. Also depends on how many retailers and carriers they manage to have onboard.

That said.... if you want them to make a K2, you had better do your part to show TCL that there is a viable market for it.

Dig deep....
    02-28-17 07:26 AM
    I tend to buy phones for myself not simply to support a manufacturer or out of pity. I also like my phones to last 2 yrs and my current one has only been 1 year. With that said if my phone "broke" in the not to distant future the KO would be it. You can call me a scrooge or whatever but I'm pretty sure TCL has factored in a demographic who likes to buy a year late.
    02-28-17 08:36 AM
    I have a DTEK60 and probably won't buy this right up front, but if I was still using my Priv I'd be all over it. Yes, I'd like the PKB back but at the announced ask the incremental improvement in power consumption and camera aren't worth it to me.

Now a year down the road if the price falls or there is some sort of Black Friday special this fall, perhaps. We'll see.
    02-28-17 10:18 AM