He asked me if I saw the new BlackBerry and if I was going to buy one. I said ya, I think so and he replied with "good, or I'd have to buy one" hahaha which is odd cuz he's never owned a BlackBerry phone. He has a Samsung S7 Edge that he got recently and samsung previous and iphone and some sort of chocolate slider phone I think?

Hahaha I dunno it was just weird to hear someone who's not a BlackBerry person say the phone looks cool and they want one.

I think ppl are finally done with the slabs and phablets.
    02-28-17 12:44 AM
    You never know....
    mister2d likes this.
    02-28-17 07:08 AM
    Since I have gotten my PRIV I have had people express interest in it in a similar fashion.
    02-28-17 09:23 AM
    Since I have gotten my PRIV I have had people express interest in it in a similar fashion.
    ...up until the moment you tell them how much you paid.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    02-28-17 09:28 AM
    Well, not really, since our carrier (MTS in Manitoba, Canada) has it for $0 on a 2 year contract.
    The sales lady told me that they had moved a significant number of PRIVs in our small town.

WAY more than Passports.
    02-28-17 09:59 AM
    Interesting. I had a similar conversation with my brother actually. He said he thought it looked awesome and he hasn't use a BlackBerry since the Pearl days.
    02-28-17 10:03 AM
    Well, not really, since our carrier (MTS in Manitoba, Canada) has it for $0 on a 2 year contract.
    The sales lady told me that they had moved a significant number of PRIVs in our small town.

WAY more than Passports.
    Yeah but what's your actual total cost of ownership over the 2 years? $0 doesn't mean it's free, we've gone over that many times.

Compare to something of similar spec, like an LG G4?
    02-28-17 10:05 AM
    I think the K1 will have lots of takers. A version without physical keys is next. Even if it replicates build quality of the K1 (which looks very good) it should come in cheaper because of the absence of a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 10:21 AM
    I think the K1 will have lots of takers. A version without physical keys is next. Even if it replicates build quality of the K1 (which looks very good) it should come in cheaper because of the absence of a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. If the OS is fluid as it seems, BlackBerry should be ok with these guys
    02-28-17 10:49 AM
    Yeah but what's your actual total cost of ownership over the 2 years? $0 doesn't mean it's free, we've gone over that many times.

This is Canada. You can bring your own phone and get $5 off a month- and that's if you're lucky (Koodo dropped this deal a while back). So you're going to be gouged for your phone contract whatever, may as well take the free-not-free phone
    zensen likes this.
    02-28-17 10:55 AM
    This is Canada. You can bring your own phone and get $5 off a month- and that's if you're lucky (Koodo dropped this deal a while back). So you're going to be gouged for your phone contract whatever, may as well take the free-not-free phone
    Exactly this. It's not like the US where you get like $30 off your bill with your own phone. Carriers don't really do much for byod to them here in Canada.
    02-28-17 11:13 AM
    If you want a K1 with no physical kb, you would get a DTEK60 or choose between the many touch screen devices available...

Posted via CB10
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    02-28-17 11:13 AM
    Exactly this. It's not like the US where you get like $30 off your bill with your own phone. Carriers don't really do much for byod to them here in Canada.
    Within the same carrier yes, but if you pay outright you can use whichever, and the go-to would be the flankers. Had the Koodo BYOD and jumped to Public Mobile for the $38/4GB plan, couldn't be happier.
    02-28-17 11:21 AM
    Within the same carrier yes, but if you pay outright you can use whichever, and the go-to would be the flankers. Had the Koodo BYOD and jumped to Public Mobile for the $38/4GB plan, couldn't be happier.
    Yes that fine but a lot of those carriers are non existent outside of major centres for service.
    02-28-17 11:23 AM
    Who gives you $30 off you bill when you BYOD?

Just upgraded my Verizon plan to their new unlimited option.... they didn't mention anything about that. Would sure love to get my bill down from $47 a line to $17 a line. Charges were pretty simple.... $110 for four lines of Unlimited everything and the $20 per line access fee.

I asked as two of my lines phones are up for upgrades and they tried to get me to use those upgrades.... is no difference if you bring your own phone. Now if you buy a phone... that can add to your bill. But even then it depends on what specials they have going on... (like free phones with two year contracts)
    02-28-17 11:45 AM
    Yes that fine but a lot of those carriers are non existent outside of major centres for service.
    I think you're really only talking about Wind (Freedom) here. Public Mobile was bought by Telus and uses the Telus network. Mobilicity was bought by Rogers and basically no longer exists as a brand. All other flanker brands just use one of the Big 3 networks.
    02-28-17 11:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 11:50 AM

Just upgraded my Verizon plan to their new unlimited option.... they didn't mention anything about that. Would sure love to get my bill down from $47 a line to $17 a line. Charges were pretty simple.... $110 for four lines of Unlimited everything and the $20 per line access fee.

I asked as two of my lines phones are up for upgrades and they tried to get me to use those upgrades.... is no difference if you bring your own phone. Now if you buy a phone... that can add to your bill. But even then it depends on what specials they have going on... (like free phones with two year contracts)
    I just meant that as they do give people breaks. 30 wasn't meant as an exact figure. With that said, either way US carrier pricing is peanuts compared to here. That's 110 you pay for 4 lines is what I pay a month for one line. Mind you that is unlimited data.
    02-28-17 11:53 AM

Can't you take your phones and go to a BYOD MVNO that uses Verizon?
    02-28-17 11:57 AM

Can't you take your phones and go to a BYOD MVNO that uses Verizon?
    02-28-17 11:57 AM
    I don't think there are any. Almost all use T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 12:07 PM
    I don't think there are any. Almost all use T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...work_operators
    02-28-17 12:18 PM
    He asked me if I saw the new BlackBerry and if I was going to buy one. I said ya, I think so and he replied with "good, or I'd have to buy one" hahaha which is odd cuz he's never owned a BlackBerry phone. He has a Samsung S7 Edge that he got recently and samsung previous and iphone and some sort of chocolate slider phone I think?

Hahaha I dunno it was just weird to hear someone who's not a BlackBerry person say the phone looks cool and they want one.

I think ppl are finally done with the slabs and phablets.
    Personally, I am getting "sick" of the next IPhone or Galaxy. Yes, they're effiecient, fast, nicely made. They provide you all the tools and resources you would want to be up to date with things.. in terms of apps n such. Lately though, the one thing that does not seem to change or improve? Battery life. Phones are getting bigger too. I don't want a phone that's 5.5+.. I just want a phone that does not lag, fast, has all the apps available so I don't miss out on using the ones I usually use. I don't need the next best screen, the next best processor, 4K recording, and all that other jazz.

I think from the review videos and everyone's comments on the K1 so far. It seems to be a very competent phone that has an amazing battery life and seems to be lag free. I don't have to sacrifice my apps either as it is Android.

I've went from the Galaxy, to IPhone to the Classic back to IPhone.
    I just really hope it comes to most USA carriers such as T-Mobile. As long as the phone gets the job done, I'm happy. Millennial generation speaking.
    02-28-17 01:20 PM

Same exact price.

I completely realize the phone isn't actually free. This is just how I procure my phones, personal preference.
    02-28-17 01:25 PM
    Same exact price.

I completely realize the phone isn't actually free. This is just how I procure my phones, personal preference.
    If you take the time value of money into account and if carriers aren't giving big discounts as people have said, then it's actually cheaper to buy the phone through the carrier over a 2 year period assuming there aren't any hidden charges or interest.
    02-28-17 01:57 PM
50 12