I honestly have no idea wtf is going on with BlackBerry because they are saying they're backing out of hardware, and then they're saying another keyboard phone is coming. xD
    They are not MANUFACTURING hardware anymore, and after the Mercury they will not DESIGN them in-house either, but they will still be releasing phones just those made by other manufacturers, modified with BB's software and branding...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-10-16 10:19 AM
    I honestly have no idea wtf is going on with BlackBerry because they are saying they're backing out of hardware, and then they're saying another keyboard phone is coming. xD
    They are backing out of hardware, but they are almost ready to release the DTEK60 and have already done the design work for the PKB phone (Mercury) which Thurber said would be out within the next six months.
    10-10-16 02:15 PM
    DTEK 60 releases tomorrow

 PASSPORT 
    10-10-16 09:29 PM
    No matter when they released the bb10 they had a major problem. Apps!
    Like it or not iphone gave the users tons of apps and a great camera. So did samsung. Even tho they have been overpriced sometimes.
    Blackberry gave the "blackberry experience " which is no apps no updates and overpriced but you have to say thank you cause it's blackberry kind of attitude xD

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 10:31 PM
    No matter when they released the bb10 they had a major problem. Apps!
    Like it or not iphone gave the users tons of apps and a great camera. So did samsung. Even tho they have been overpriced sometimes.
    Blackberry gave the "blackberry experience " which is no apps no updates and overpriced but you have to say thank you cause it's blackberry kind of attitude xD

Posted via CB10
    Not really. Had they released BB10 back when they were still relevant more companies might have jumped on board to build apps for it... By the time BB10 came out, Apple and Samsung have already left BB in the dust...

10-10-16 10:38 PM
    Not really. Had they released BB10 back when they were still relevant more companies might have jumped on board to build apps for it... By the time BB10 came out, Apple and Samsung have already left BB in the dust...

Not to mention that their aggressive app campaign would have attracted first rate developers, not the ones cashing in on the free money. PS, I am not slagging the real developers who have created very good apps, for what should have been a vibrant operating system. IF you will, I am addressing those "developing" the equivalent of fart apps.
    10-11-16 01:12 AM
    i would dump my priv in a minute and go back to my Classic if there was a simple clean way to work around the google play services requirement of so many apps i do actually use on a daily basis. The square is not ideal for using a lot of apps but it is manageable.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-12-16 08:50 AM

I kind of think that this is why the PlayBook should have been a phone, and not a tablet, so to speak. It was right in that time frame, and maybe developers would have better supported them, seeing as they had capable hardware and a capable OS at that point? Who knows?

I guess it doesn't really matter now, I guess, since we have AndroBerry. So I'm just patiently waiting/hoping for this 'Mercury' device to release pondering what could have been.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 12:51 AM
    You may consider the Motorola Photon Q. It uses the same exquisite keyboard from the Droid 4 and has a 4.5" screen. It is a CDMA phone, but modifications allows the use of a GSM sim card and custom ROMS. I used one before I started using BlackBerry phones (7 months ago, I suppose). PM me if you would like more details, or you could use Google and the XDA android forums. That phone took me down quite the rabbit hole. To be honest, the Mercury is probably worth waiting on.

Posted w/ BlackBerry Classic
    10-19-16 02:21 AM
    Speaking as a BlackBerry virgin, this is the only BlackBerry device I have ever seriously considered purchasing. My first smartphone was a Droid 2 Global, purchased in 2010. Around the time I started thinking of which phone to buy next, one of my friends told me not to get a BlackBerry because he disliked his (probably because of the app selection, among other things). I waited a long time for a Droid 5, and when that didn't happen, I purchased a "new" Droid 4 in 2015. My Droid 4 is amazing, but I managed to break the GPS, none of the replacement batteries have good reviews, and the only purchase options left are refurbished devices. Google's discontinuation of Project Ara was devastating, as that was my only hope for a physical keyboard. I followed Moto Z's modules closely, hoping for a keyboard, but it never happened. I love my 4-inch Droid 4 display, and the Priv's size was a deal-breaker. I had been seriously (and disappointedly) considering the new Google Pixel or iPhone SE, but this announcement came at the perfect time. All I do on my phone is e-mail, surf the web, use GPS, and use Yelp and Google Hangouts. If an Android phone with a physical keyboard is released with at least an 8 MP camera, a mid-range price, and halfway decent reviews, I am so there...
    Oh no!, I look silly on the internet!
    My above post was in response to this.

Posted w/ BlackBerry Classic
    anon(10047752) likes this.
    10-19-16 02:01 PM
35 12