Nice article about the camera. I would love a good camera. I have the Classic and DTEK 50. DTEK 50 takes good videos, but ho hum pictures imo. My Classic takes better photos than the DTEK 50. Looking forward to the Press.
    BlackBerry Mercury - Release Date, Specs, and new details LEAK | Tech | Life & Style | Daily Express
    01-30-17 11:16 AM
    I always thought the passport camera was good, I don't know why some people dislike it, although that may have been due to early software.

Nonetheless, I think the good publicity regarding the mercury camera specs, software notwithstanding, will do it good!

I feel the mercury is chiefly an enterprise product, but if the good camera can draw in the general consumer, then all the more power to it!

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    kitmo likes this.
    01-30-17 12:26 PM
    Pixel smartphone camera review: At the top.
    https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Pixe...iew-At-the-top
    Let's hope the post-processing software will be on the same level so that this dreadful watercolor effect in low-light situations/artificial light situations (Priv) will be something of the past. I hope they also found a solution for the so-called: "breathing" artifacts (continued re-focussing by extremely zooming in and out during video shooting: Camera: Faster autofocus (video)? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com ).
    guizmox likes this.
    01-30-17 01:04 PM
    Even with the same camera, there are many other factors that affect the Mercury's ability to take good picture: processing power, hdr+ ability, flash, ois/eis...

Ok we'll have to wait and see then
    01-30-17 07:49 PM
    The pixel doesnt have OIS, i do hope the mercury has it. As song as your subject is still, OIS can do wonders for low light photo quality.

Also I hope the 8mp front camera is as good as the one on the best samsung phones. Cause the DTEK 50/60 one is decent but not great
    01-31-17 07:56 AM
    Sounding more and more like a premium phone and you know what THAT means! I think we are looking at 699 US at BEST and it could be worse. This thing could come in at 799, or who knows!
    01-31-17 09:05 AM
    Sounding more and more like a premium phone and you know what THAT means! I think we are looking at 699 US at BEST and it could be worse. This thing could come in at 799, or who knows!
    Because of the camera? Rest of the specs are mid range.
    01-31-17 11:31 AM
    Not really lol. I was amused by you taking so seriously someone saying they bring their camera with them all the time

Posted with my  Classic
    Despite a long explanation you totally missed my point...
    01-31-17 02:16 PM
    Because of the camera? Rest of the specs are mid range.
    Because BlackBerry has a reputation
    01-31-17 11:03 PM
    But it's not BlackBerry selling this phone...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-31-17 11:08 PM
    Irrelevant statement at this point.
    01-31-17 11:19 PM
    I always thought the passport camera was good, I don't know why some people dislike it, although that may have been due to early software.

Nonetheless, I think the good publicity regarding the mercury camera specs, software notwithstanding, will do it good!

I feel the mercury is chiefly an enterprise product, but if the good camera can draw in the general consumer, then all the more power to it!

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    Passport camera is okay, but in general to slow when it comes to taking pictures of moving objects i.e. Kids etc....
    02-01-17 07:36 AM
62 123