Dylan Habkirk's profile image on BBM. Dunno why Matty trying to be all 007 about it lol
    Lol. Anything for attention.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-16 06:09 PM
    You guys are terrible at riddles (and Google image searches). Chinese New Year as per what Chen mentioned during the earnings call.

Instead of a wild goose chase, you can go on a wild rooster chase.
    Well... yeah... Chinese doesn't show white lanterns for CNY...
    12-29-16 06:23 PM
    Well... yeah... Chinese doesn't show white lanterns for CNY...
    Tell that to the people who previously posted it across multiple sites in relation to CNY and to Google, who identifies the image as Chinese New Year lanterns. All I know is, wait long enough and it'll likely be posted to some site as a 'leaked release date', probably with some crappy Instagram filter on it and watermarks lol

Mercury home screen-screenshot-2016-12-29-17.32.12.png
    12-29-16 06:31 PM
    Look like it has the Budda's blessing...
    12-29-16 07:20 PM
    Hoping for preservation of swipe up targets and capacitive keyboard. Convenience key would be a bonus too.

My money's ready for that pre-order!
    It will have a capacitive keyboard.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    12-29-16 08:01 PM
    Dylan Habkirk's profile image on BBM.
    Thought so. It looked like a typical Habkirk image. Wonder if there is any validity to the 1/27 date.
    12-29-16 08:18 PM
    Thought so. It looked like a typical Habkirk image. Wonder if there is any validity to the 1/27 date.
    As I noted earlier in the thread, John Chen already said to expect something around the 28th-ish. He just never stated it would be 'Mercury', he noted it would be part of the JV devices for Indonesia. From the earnings call:

We – the first set of phones we believe from partners in this case of a customer that will be shipped is right around Chinese New Year. So I put it – Chinese New Year, by the way, for people who like to follow it that is January 28 in 2017, so probably be around that or a couple of weeks later and that goes off Indonesia first and then the rest, I have not publicly provide any of our roadmap data done.
    The validity is kinda ehhh when the CEO said to expect something around that date lol. On top of that, CES comes first. So we'll hear about what's cooking before the 27-28th anyway. The interesting part comes by way of the JV device that appeared and the 'Mercury'.

• Is the Mercury also going to make it's way to Indonesia? How does that even work?
    • Is the JV device really the Mercury under a different name/model/variation?
    • Is the JV device a DTEK device meant for Indonesia while the Mercury is something else?

Tune in next week!
    Mercury home screen-aug-18-same-bat-time-same-bat-channel.jpg
    12-29-16 09:24 PM
    Dylan Habkirk's profile image on BBM. Dunno why Matty trying to be all 007 about it lol
    Hahah Bla1ze it's just for some fun, maybe build some excitement and get people discussing 'what it could mean'. I'll make sure to tone down my 007 next time lol

Lol. Anything for attention.
    Posted via CB10
    Na, not really. Just posting something I saw and thought you guys might like it.

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    12-29-16 11:56 PM

• Is the Mercury also going to make it's way to Indonesia? How does that even work?
    • Is the JV device a DTEK device meant for Indonesia while the Mercury is something else?
    I don't see any reason why the Indonesian JV couldn't use TCL as a supplier since the JV would still control the marketing, sales, and distribution of BlackBerry branded devices in Indonesia.
    12-30-16 12:16 AM
    Haha! Then CES will be good times for you, I think.
    The BB/TCL event is Jan 4th, correct?
    12-30-16 01:29 AM
    The BB/TCL event is Jan 4th, correct?
    Yep
    12-30-16 01:32 AM
    I don't see any reason why the Indonesian JV couldn't use TCL as a supplier since the JV would still control the marketing, sales, and distribution of BlackBerry branded devices in Indonesia.
    Indonesia’s Ministry of Trade regulations which state 4G devices must be made in Indonesia to protect local economy for one.
    12-30-16 10:36 AM
    As I noted earlier in the thread, John Chen already said to expect something around the 28th-ish. He just never stated it would be 'Mercury', he noted it would be part of the JV devices for Indonesia. From the earnings call:

The validity is kinda ehhh when the CEO said to expect something around that date lol. On top of that, CES comes first. So we'll hear about what's cooking before the 27-28th anyway. The interesting part comes by way of the JV device that appeared and the 'Mercury'.

Tune in next week!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aug-18-same-bat-time-same-bat-channel.jpg 
Views:	1103 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	415045
    That's nice information from the earnings call, I completely missed that. Guess I should search for something like a transcript for that earnings call. I do get your questions, would be interesting to finally get some answers on them. I expect a lot of CES 2017, think it would be a great way to start and demonstrate how TCL is going to do things.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-16 12:35 PM
    Indonesia’s Ministry of Trade regulations which state 4G devices must be made in Indonesia to protect local economy for one.
    Perhaps just like "made in Canada" BlackBerry's, TCL could supply the components so they could be then assembled in Indonesia and qualify as "made in Indonesia".
    12-30-16 01:27 PM
    Look at those baby hands. I can't believe Trump got one before anyone else.
    12-30-16 08:51 PM
    Did anyone notice the green charging bar on the right side of the screenshot? Looks like a curved screen...
    12-31-16 03:17 AM
    The Launcher wasn't adapted to the New Nougat look & feel right? I think on Android 7 you normally don't have the Button in the middle to Open all apps - this is in the meanwhile done by a gesture. Also the google-search bar is not existent anymore in a Nougat-stock rom.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-16 03:30 AM
    Did anyone notice the green charging bar on the right side of the screenshot? Looks like a curved screen...
    The screen shot looks like it was taken from the device itself so a physical feature like a curved screen wouldn't show in a screenshot. Even screenshots on an s7 edge wouldn't show any curvature on the ends, the images appear flat.

Wishful thinking though!
    12-31-16 06:24 AM
    The screen shot looks like it was taken from the device itself so a physical feature like a curved screen wouldn't show in a screenshot. Even screenshots on an s7 edge wouldn't show any curvature on the ends, the images appear flat.

Wishful thinking though!
    Don't know why, curved screens are so beyond useless it's not even funny...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    12-31-16 10:32 AM
    Looks like marshmallow to me. I thought nougat had circles to represent folders? Unless they are using the same icon pack as is stock with Android marshmallow bb? How do you tell if it's n?
    12-31-16 10:38 AM
    Looks like marshmallow to me. I thought nougat had circles to represent folders? Unless they are using the same icon pack as is stock with Android marshmallow bb? How do you tell if it's n?
    Circular icons are OEM-dependent; if the BlackBerry Launcher doesn't have it available (by default or at all) then they'd still show up as square/rectangular.

Besides, @rquandt says it's Android 7.0 and he's been pretty spot on so far. You may also note the N notification at the top left; that's the Nougat logo.
    12-31-16 11:15 AM
    Guess they are not signing up for the TPP then.
    01-01-17 10:31 AM

Wishful thinking though!
    That's what I'm saying. They wouldn't have that charging bar if it wasn't a curved screen, would they?
    01-01-17 12:25 PM
    That's what I'm saying. They wouldn't have that charging bar if it wasn't a curved screen, would they?
    Why not? The DTEK50 and DTEK60 have it as well.
    01-01-17 03:14 PM
    5.13pm and still 81% battery. Yes please!!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-17 04:00 PM
79 1234