Me too, Lefty, me too. Lol

The Storm 2 on the other hand was a great device. Too bad nobody bought it.
    I did. Loved it until it did its best impression of Greg Louganis into the ocean dockside when I got off my buddy's boat. I could see the screen on for a good 15 feet!
    Doh!
    02-08-17 11:15 AM
    Well, to me a "flagship" is the original model that their future line of devices will be inspired by - it doesn't just mean it has the best specs. In a way, the DTEK devices are already inspired by the Alcatel Idol series which included the actual "flagship" from TCL (I'm not sure what their first device was). In my opinion, the Mercury does seem to be the new "flagship" from BlackBerry Mobile (it is, afterall, THEIR first device and an original design).
    Nothing about the Mercury is screaming "Flagship" as most tech people use the term.... it's going to be a nice mid-grade phone that should be about $300. But because of the Keyboard, and other factors I doubt they sell it as cheap Asus, Huawei and Lenovo are selling theirs.

But as a Navy term... yes this will be TCL's BlackBerry "Flagship", as technically it is the only BlackBerry they will be selling (unless the take over the old DTEK inventory that is left). But that is kinda like comparing the NAe São Paulo of Brazil to USS Gerald R. Ford from the US - one country's Flagship is another countries... Museum, Coral Reef or maybe salvage.

Way off topic, as a Star Trek fan... was saddened that the last ship to hold the name ENTERPRISE was just (last week) decommissioned by the US Navy (has been inactive for a number of years). But they are going to recycle it and use it's steel in the new Enterprise (CVN-80) to be built over the next decade. Want to talk about a Flagship (not that the US Navy really uses they most powerful ships as Flagships anymore..)
    02-08-17 03:26 PM
    Nothing about the Mercury is screaming "Flagship" as most tech people use the term.... it's going to be a nice mid-grade phone that should be about $300. But because of the Keyboard, and other factors I doubt they sell it as cheap Asus, Huawei and Lenovo are selling theirs.

But as a Navy term... yes this will be TCL's BlackBerry "Flagship", as technically it is the only BlackBerry they will be selling (unless the take over the old DTEK inventory that is left). But that is kinda like comparing the NAe São Paulo of Brazil to USS Gerald R. Ford from the US - one country's Flagship is another countries... Museum, Coral Reef or maybe salvage.

Way off topic, as a Star Trek fan... was saddened that the last ship to hold the name ENTERPRISE was just (last week) decommissioned by the US Navy (has been inactive for a number of years). But they are going to recycle it and use it's steel in the new Enterprise (CVN-80) to be built over the next decade. Want to talk about a Flagship (not that the US Navy really uses they most powerful ships as Flagships anymore..)
    Well, the Navy approved a bunch of ships with zero combat ability just a little while ago... It was designed to run away when fired upon, lmao.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-08-17 03:36 PM
    As many said, you are right Stainless Steel is a great feature.

And as many said too, I hope the hardware specs matches the quality, maybe adding the dual camera on the back or who knows which nice and new feature never seen before.

I think if BB does well with this it can be a rebirth.
    02-08-17 05:16 PM
    My opinion on the 'flagship' status is like your opinion on the price. Neither may be anywhere near accurate! :P

I suppose I did mean it in the more 'traditional' use of the word than the way it is commonly used now in the tech world. I doubt it will have the best specs on the market but I also don't think it really needs to.

Most people who want this phone, want it because of the form factor combined with the fact that it is running Android. Even if it were the most 'powerful' phone spec-wise when it is released, there would be less people buying it because of that compared to how many are buying it because of the former. It's the most 'BlackBerry-ed' of any Android phone that currently exists and that is exactly why people will want it.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-08-17 06:45 PM
    Well, the Navy approved a bunch of ships with zero combat ability just a little while ago... It was designed to run away when fired upon, lmao.

LCS: smh
    02-09-17 12:32 AM
    LCS: smh
    The C needs to be in quotes, lol.

02-09-17 06:51 AM

And the Germans said that Italian tanks had 1 forward gear and 5 reverse gears in WW 2 :-).

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-09-17 07:56 AM
33 12