This phone has premium camera, enormous battery, very impressive keyboard, and a processor that's perfectly fine for communication oriented professionals like most of us.

Additionally, the $549 price point offers a lower alternative to other Androids or the iPhones. You simply cannot complain about price AND also want a higher cpu.

This phone IS exciting. The media IS responding positively to BlackBerry for the first time in many years.

So please, kill the negativity and just give it a chance.

I for one feel very hopeful and hope one pops up on eBay soon so I can bid 4 figures on it ;-)

Thank you CB for doing such a great job and a toast to TCL for marketing with much better efficiency then we've seen in recent years.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 02:05 PM
    great points...i agree!
    02-25-17 02:07 PM
    Not to mention, all media I've seen is complimenting the build quality, design, and feel of the device.
    europolska00 likes this.
    02-25-17 02:09 PM
    This phone has premium camera, enormous battery, very impressive keyboard, and a processor that's perfectly fine for communication oriented professionals like most of us.

Additionally, the $549 price point offers a lower alternative to other Androids or the iPhones. You simply cannot complain about price AND also want a higher cpu.

This phone IS exciting. The media IS responding positively to BlackBerry for the first time in many years.

I for one feel very hopeful and hope one pops up on eBay soon so I can bid 4 figures on it ;-)

Thank you CB for doing such a great job and a toast to TCL for marketing with much better efficiency then we've seen in recent years.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    What the hell you talking about? IT'S OVERPRICED for its specs, nobody asked for better specs for lower price.

DTEK60 has better specs and is cheaper. Priv is half the price and same performance.

They priced their own product out of the market they intended.
    VeniceBB likes this.
    02-25-17 02:11 PM
    DTEK60 is a TCL rebuild basic Android experience with BlackBerry software. KeyOne has flagship BlackBerry keyboard, metal build, best BlackBerry camera, and enormous battery. You're clueless.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 02:20 PM
    I agree that we all need to calm down. The launch was disappointing in the way it was so dull with nothing exciting in the way it was presented. So indeed that was maddening, but folks take a look at the hands on reviews. They are pretty darned good. Why sabotage this phone with negativity because the launch was poorly done?
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-25-17 02:29 PM
    Priv is half the price and same performance.
    You are wrong. Priv is 499 right now. You are saying the same all over the forum, you should check your facts.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    02-25-17 02:40 PM
    You are wrong. Priv is 499 right now. You are saying the same all over the forum, you should check your facts.
    Exactly. This will be, as confirmed a GSM/CDMA fully unlocked device in the US. The price point isn't bad at all. $50 more than I hoped. Be realistic.
    02-25-17 02:44 PM
    And also is launch day. Give it a couple months, maybe the price will drop or deals shows up.
    02-25-17 02:47 PM
    Define responding very positively because beyond quick takes of yeah it's a blackberry phone with a keyboard I don't see any very positive anything.
    02-25-17 02:56 PM
    Does that mean it will make it to Verizon? Thought I heard earlier that the channels were not there for Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 02:56 PM
    Guys go on youtube. Type KEYone and watch the videos from today. ALL POSITIVE and I for one am happy how this phone has turned out.

Roll on April!!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 03:00 PM

Thank you.

Posted via CB10

THANK YOU!!!!!! I was very excited this morning after the presentation. The phone looks fantastic!!! Then I came on this site and the horror of the name, price, release date, specs, camera, speakers, presentation, everything, it all sucks!..... wow, never mind. I'll reverse my steps before walking into this abyss called Crackberry.
    audifox2016 likes this.
    02-25-17 03:03 PM
    Define responding very positively because beyond quick takes of yeah it's a blackberry phone with a keyboard I don't see any very positive anything.
    These days, anything which isn't negative or bashing is a pretty positive sign. And I read a couple of "positive" articles like that already.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    02-25-17 03:18 PM
    Sounds super-positive:

02-25-17 03:23 PM
    Sounds super-positive:

interesting... i think he is talking about me, but I was miles away here in canada. lol

dont get me wrong, i am EXTREMELY interested. but it is 8 month old specs by the time of launch...
    02-25-17 03:28 PM
    Sounds super-positive:

OVERALL, They have been mostly positive though.
    02-25-17 03:44 PM
    OVERALL, They have been mostly positive though.
    Yea engadget even had a 'we still have to decide, but it looks good' line... which, from engadget, is pretty much saying 'take my money' for a blackberry device
    02-25-17 03:47 PM
    Does Gizmodo not cover phones anymore? I went over there looking for the usual "Blackberry is awful and everything you love is made of ****" article but didn't find *anything* about phones.

Did they just get nailed for reviewing one too many stolen iPhones?
    02-25-17 03:52 PM
    Does Gizmodo not cover phones anymore? I went over there looking for the usual "Blackberry is awful and everything you love is made of ****" article but didn't find *anything* about phones.

Did they just get nailed for reviewing one too many stolen iPhones?
    Gizmodo merged with i09 and is now more general tech newsish and not phones and gadget based anymore.
    02-25-17 03:56 PM

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Yes indeed, by all rights BB phone should have died after Passport! BB is still here with a phone that looks like a BB, has the amazing BB touch PKB, superior battery, any one complaining is, well, just a complainer! Some are nit picking just pure silly aspects of the presentation, of Kevin, of anything that can think of. As long as this phone, WORKS, (keeping in mind Priv, ugh!) it is going to be fantastic, even if it's running Android. PS: CB-Kevin, you did a fine job! Loved it all.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    02-25-17 04:03 PM
    What the hell you talking about? IT'S OVERPRICED for its specs, nobody asked for better specs for lower price.

DTEK60 has better specs and is cheaper. Priv is half the price and same performance.

They priced their own product out of the market they intended.
    No it isn't. You're over reacting. You think the Samsung S8 is going to be anywhere near $550 USD? You just want a high end phone but hate spending a fair price.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-25-17 04:26 PM

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Some positive feedback finally!! I don't understand all this doom and gloom.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 04:27 PM
    Thank you for fact checking the over reactors. I'd additionally point out that this is a discounted price because KEYone is coming.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-25-17 04:29 PM
    Guys go on youtube. Type KEYone and watch the videos from today. ALL POSITIVE and I for one am happy how this phone has turned out.

Roll on April!!
    Yes, I just watch through 7 or so of them, they all genuinely liked it for what it is. I was absolutely stunned there were no jabs or smartass remarks towards BB.
    02-25-17 04:37 PM
27 12