Hey, so for those of us who are unfortunate enough to not be a dang Brit (not jealous at all... /s), and more specifically live in North America (USA and Canada) and have to wait over a month, let's do a master list of apps for the KEYone that would make it have more of a BB10 feel?? By the time we have the phone, not only would we be older but we'll be ready to set up our KEYone to be the ultimate phone. :-)

I'll start:

Control music using volume keys:
    Frinky Music Controller

SMS that goes back to hub on back button:
    Textra

Lockscreen:
    AC Display
    Next Lock Screen

Browser:
    START Internet Browser
    Keyboard Browser

Notifications:
    Shush

Notification LED:
    Light Flow

Off-topic discussions fully ok by me BTW, I am like the master of taking discussions off into a tangent, lol. If anyone brings up cars, we'll never be talking about the KEYone ever again, hahahaha.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Last edited by slagman5; 05-13-17 at 09:09 PM.
    pooyam, anon(3641385) and Tim-ANC like this.
    04-27-17 12:08 PM
    If I switch to the KEYone from BB10 I sure will miss Burning Platform apps mainly...

MoonCalc
    SunCalc

I'm betting there's 100's of similar apps but will there be a way to have active frames? Ah geez I love BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 01:09 PM
    Signal should be added to the hub for SMS. Its security design goes hand in hand with Blackberry's mantra.
    04-27-17 01:12 PM
    Signal should be added to the hub for SMS. Its security design goes hand in hand with Blackberry's mantra.
    Cool, does signal go back to the signal app or back to the hub when you touch the android back key?

04-27-17 01:23 PM
    If I switch to the KEYone from BB10 I sure will miss Burning Platform apps mainly...

MoonCalc
    SunCalc

I'm betting there's 100's of similar apps but will there be a way to have active frames? Ah geez I love BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I think an ap called Recent Task 2 looks like active frames. But don't think it will function the same...

04-27-17 01:25 PM
    Cool, does signal go back to the signal app or back to the hub when you touch the android back key?

It doesn't. That's why I'd like the devs to support the hub. I read that they had no interest in doing so at the time.
    04-27-17 01:42 PM
    Frinky Music Controller
    This works with any music player? If it does that would be wonderful!

**Bold 9000, Bold 9900, Q10, Classic...do u notice the pattern? :-) ...the KEYone is NEXT!**
    04-27-17 02:36 PM
    This works with any music player? If it does that would be wonderful!

**Bold 9000, Bold 9900, Q10, Classic...do u notice the pattern? :-) ...the KEYone is NEXT!**
    I think it should work with most at least. I can say if it works for "all" of them.

It's such a simple thing you would have thought the superior godly Android would have that function out of the box...

04-27-17 03:10 PM
    Anyone know of a good browser to use? If there's one that actually uses keyboard shortcuts (I remember someone mentioning one before) or a browser with the url bar on the bottom instead of the top??
    04-27-17 08:38 PM
    For the lockscreen, I've been using Next Lock Screen. Don't actually have any notifications on my Samsung Galaxy J3V phone I've been using for apps/prep me on Android for the KEYone so I can't show a screenshot at the moment.

Appreciate this thread and would suggest editing the original post as time goes on.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can find a good browser with url at the bottom on the Samsung. Will let you know if I do find one.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    04-29-17 12:05 AM
    Anyone know of a good browser to use? If there's one that actually uses keyboard shortcuts (I remember someone mentioning one before) or a browser with the url bar on the bottom instead of the top??
    Search CrackBerry forum, keyboard browser, search Google store, I saw a couple of days ago, has a bb10 theme and designed for private and k1
    04-29-17 12:22 AM
    START Internet Browser has it. Also included screenshot of the options when you click the 3 dots.

Other screenshot is of Next Lock Screen. You swipe right to open the notification and swipe left to dismiss it.
    Attached Thumbnails Master list of Apps for the KEYone while we wait!!-1037.jpg  
    04-29-17 12:23 AM
    Apparently my phone only uploaded one screenshot so I forwarded to my BlackBerry Classic to share on the CB10 app.

Master list of Apps for the KEYone while we wait!!-photo0.png
    Master list of Apps for the KEYone while we wait!!-photo2.jpg
    Master list of Apps for the KEYone while we wait!!-photo1_0.png

Posted with my  Classic
    04-29-17 12:30 AM
    Thanks Jason. Will update the post with suggestions.

04-29-17 01:46 PM
    Added a few apps to the list. :-)

05-13-17 09:09 PM
    Here's my list
    Plus Messenger
    Tapatalk
    Macro Droid
    Snapseed
    Fx File explorer
    Og youtube
    Banking apps
    Nought quick setting (let's me add the Sound/vibrate/silent) in notification panel.

I'll update if I add any later
    Last edited by aullak; 05-13-17 at 10:32 PM.
    05-13-17 09:49 PM
    Hey, so for those of us who are unfortunate enough to not be a dang Brit (not jealous at all... /s), and more specifically live in North America (USA and Canada) and have to wait over a month, let's do a master list of apps for the KEYone that would make it have more of a BB10 feel?? By the time we have the phone, not only would we be older but we'll be ready to set up our KEYone to be the ultimate phone. :-)

I'll start:

Frinky Music Controller

SMS that goes back to hub on back button:
    Textra

Lockscreen:
    AC Display
    Next Lock Screen

Browser:
    START Internet Browser
    Keyboard Browser

Notifications:
    Shush

Notification LED:
    Light Flow

Off-topic discussions fully ok by me BTW, I am like the master of taking discussions off into a tangent, lol. If anyone brings up cars, we'll never be talking about the KEYone ever again, hahahaha.

Textra doesn't always do that. On my DTEK60. Not sure why.
    05-13-17 10:52 PM
    For the lockscreen, I've been using Next Lock Screen. Don't actually have any notifications on my Samsung Galaxy J3V phone I've been using for apps/prep me on Android for the KEYone so I can't show a screenshot at the moment.

Appreciate this thread and would suggest editing the original post as time goes on.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can find a good browser with url at the bottom on the Samsung. Will let you know if I do find one.
    That's a great idea to indoctrinate yourself to android. I'm trying to trade my Lumia 950XL with my son for his S6 to do the same thing. He's not going for it yet. I might need to issue an executive order.
    05-14-17 01:34 AM
    That's a great idea to indoctrinate yourself to android. I'm trying to trade my Lumia 950XL with my son for his S6 to do the same thing. He's not going for it yet. I might need to issue an executive order.
    Lol. I bought a generic Android as a second phone, a Samsung Galaxy J3V for $7/month to get used to Android, make it as BB10 as possible.

Posted with my  Classic
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-14-17 11:31 AM
    Been quiet here for a while (I would write something - if I had a K1..).

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 01:49 AM
    I got mine today, love it but I am not liking the RAM management right now.
    Bostil1987 likes this.
    06-01-17 04:08 AM
    Dolphin Browser
    Pi Music Player
    ASUS File Explorer
    06-01-17 04:10 AM
    i have installed 'swipe up utility'
    It let's me longpress the homebutton for a chosen action, for example the hub.
    06-18-17 03:47 AM
    Just wanted to chime in and mention that the VLC Media Player (aka VLC for Android) is a certified BlackBerry Key2/Key2 LE-friendly application!

Just downloaded it today and was pleasantly surprised at the inclusion of keyboard shortcuts like spacebar for play/pause; N for next track and P for previous track; and even S for stop.

It works as an all-in-one music and video player. Top-class app.
    06-01-22 08:40 PM