Yes, they delayed the KEYone. Not the most ideal situation to be in. Everyone would have wanted that they release the device on time. But that's not possible for whatever reason. It could be BlackBerry, could be TCL but at this point it doesn't matter. I feel instead of having a recap of BB10 (unfinished software) or the Priv (Software not optimized at launch), a couple of weeks of delay is much better than an unfinished product. Everyone should be allowed one mistake. So lets allow BBMobile their first mistake. Because I am sure the KEYone will be totally worth the wait.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 11:17 PM
    I hope you're right man. I also hope the Keyone is everything it's building up to be and worth the wait!

For me, BB/TCL has blown it for me and I have given up. This is beyond repair for me and don't plan on getting another BB device again.

I'm currently on IOS and will be getting either the Galaxy S8+ or Note 8.

Good luck guys!
    antonrr and AllanQuatermain like this.
    04-10-17 11:27 PM
    Why should we? This isn't their first mistake.

Their first mistake was building up hype only to then go silent and not own up to things. It was BlackBerry that let people know the device was delayed.

What has BlackBerry Mobile done since their attempted damage control via Twitter. Saying "overwhelming demand" caused the delay...yeah okay. Not even the most apologetic person on here bought that.

***crickets***

Their next update will be the usual "COMING SOON" line.
    Lefty724, bbone99 and megafan2000 like this.
    04-10-17 11:36 PM
    Think their first mistake was having a countdown clock to a launch event on February 25th and then not having a release date beyond "April." Their second mistake was knowing that they couldn't make an April release date and keeping quiet about it until John Chen casually mentioned in on the BlackBerry Q4 earnings call. Their third mistake was having the President & GM of TCL Communication North America tweet out that "excitement from the BlackBerry community has been so tremendous" it is exceeding their "initial supply," which makes no sense, and then following it up with a less helpful tweet about the launch being "in May" with further details as "we get into May," implying that, once again, they realize that May delivery is not likely. Their fourth mistake was not then e-mailing all of the folks that registered on the BlackBerryMobile website, which one might assume are the same excited people from the BlackBerry community, to let them know of a potential release delay and keep them interested. Their fifth mistake has been the more than 10 days of radio silence since, leading the community of eager buyers to assume that there must be some rather large issues around this device and that even if it is released in the first half of 2017, might be best to steer clear. It's extremely hard to convince others to return to BlackBerry when the folks here at CrackBerry seem to care way more than the team at TCL/BlackBerry Mobile.
    Last edited by joshualebowitz; 04-10-17 at 11:47 PM. Reason: typo
    04-10-17 11:45 PM
    ^^^^ and we have a winner! Your prize is a flagship KEYOne. It'll be sent to you soon. Someone from BlackBerry Mobile will be reaching out to you. Hopefully you've registered for the latest news as that's the best way for them to reach you.
    joshualebowitz and mbirth like this.
    04-10-17 11:49 PM
    their lack of communication is pretty unforgivable. plus their blatant bull/lies about the delay being due to demand.

and as mentioned, they could have emailed me as they have my pre reg email address.

they are beginning to look just the same as the blackberry that launched the BB10
    04-11-17 04:32 AM
    Yes, they delayed the KEYone. Not the most ideal situation to be in. Everyone would have wanted that they release the device on time. But that's not possible for whatever reason. It could be BlackBerry, could be TCL but at this point it doesn't matter. I feel instead of having a recap of BB10 (unfinished software) or the Priv (Software not optimized at launch), a couple of weeks of delay is much better than an unfinished product. Everyone should be allowed one mistake. So lets allow BBMobile their first mistake. Because I am sure the KEYone will be totally worth the wait.

Posted via CB10
    Don't you worry mate. They are pretty slack themselves already.

Posted from my  Passport
    stlabrat and AmritD like this.
    04-11-17 07:01 AM
    Double post
    04-11-17 07:01 AM
    So teach BlackBerry Mobile a lesson and buy another phone and move on everybody. Face it, they're going to do what they're going to do and make decisions based on many things, many beyond their control. If you think it's their fault, just move on.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 07:05 AM
    assuming you are referring to the delay....what decision is beyond their control? are you privy to facts no-one here knows?
    04-11-17 08:06 AM
    assuming you are referring to the delay....what decision is beyond their control? are you privy to facts no-one here knows?
    Beyond control, would be things like, software from BlackBerry having issues or PKB components from suppliers defective perhaps?

How about carriers pushing back on release date for various competing vendor rollouts that affect bottom line and quarterly profits over a small niche product?

Posted via CB10
    jng0705 likes this.
    04-11-17 08:17 AM
    I know they wanted to create buzz at MWC, but having a huge launch event when the phones aren't that near being ready for distribution will typically backfire.
    04-11-17 08:23 AM
    Those who don't learn from historical mistakes are doomed to repeat them. Did TCL not study BlackBerry history? Apparently not. Each day that passes, my enthusiasm dwindles. Not sure if I can keep this up much longer to tell you the truth.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 08:50 AM
    TCL already has their cheap android line they make boatloads of money with anyway. I think they got their money and any interest already from the licensing deal. They couldn't care less about when the phone is actally released.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 08:52 AM
    Beyond control, would be things like, software from BlackBerry having issues or PKB components from suppliers defective perhaps?

How about carriers pushing back on release date for various competing vendor rollouts that affect bottom line and quarterly profits over a small niche product?

Posted via CB10
    but we're all being told it's due to massive demand?
    04-11-17 09:40 AM
    but we're all being told it's due to massive demand?
    Heh, yeah... I've never tasted bull**** but if it tastes as bad as it smells, please don't feed me none. From my perspective, it looks better to say "we're sold out and can't make them fast enough!" than "the demand is so high that we're not going to sell any to anybody!"
    jng0705 likes this.
    04-11-17 09:50 AM
    I'll cut them some slack..

1. It's just a phone
    2. It comes when it comes
    3. When it comes it will be new toy lust that would have already worn off if it had came earlier.
    4. See # 1
    04-11-17 09:52 AM
    Those who don't learn from historical mistakes are doomed to repeat them. Did TCL not study BlackBerry history? Apparently not. Each day that passes, my enthusiasm dwindles. Not sure if I can keep this up much longer to tell you the truth.

Posted via CB10
    I'm also starting to lose interest and they don't deserve any slack. Launch was a big disappointment and failure.

We're practically middle of April and still no news from carriers, preorders etc.. If it wasn't for Chen opening his mouth Cistulli prbly would've waited till end of April to state there's a delay.

Wouldn't be surprised that they'll make an announcement in May just to state that the phone will be ready in the summer time.
    04-11-17 09:52 AM
    Why should I cut them some slack?

I'm defecting to that other company that makes PKB phones that excel in all types of communications, and can play music/ movies of you're so inclined.

I've just misplaced that website at the moment- if anyone has it?
    04-11-17 10:42 AM
    I hope you're right man. I also hope the Keyone is everything it's building up to be and worth the wait!

For me, BB/TCL has blown it for me and I have given up. This is beyond repair for me and don't plan on getting another BB device again.

I'm currently on IOS and will be getting either the Galaxy S8+ or Note 8.

Good luck guys!
    You haven't really given up. Otherwise, you wouldn't​ bother to write something here in forum.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    04-11-17 10:58 AM
    I'm one of the BlackBerry loyalists that is bummed by zero news about the K1. I understand there isn't anything to report but an email out to the people who have pre-registered would have been fine with me. I have no insider info so I can't say that them stalling because of demand is false but it doesn't seem like a reason to push the device back.

I would love to see a pre-order page for unlocked devices live right now, would have been great if it was live directly after MWC. The delay paired with radio silence does have me a little concerned. I'm happy with my PRIV on Verizon but still bummed and puzzled at no news on the K1.
    04-11-17 11:00 AM
    TCL already has their cheap android line they make boatloads of money with anyway. I think they got their money and any interest already from the licensing deal. They couldn't care less about when the phone is actally released.

Posted via CB10
    What? No offense man, but that doesn't even make any sense. What money have they collected? You don't collect money by not releasing a phone. They've put money INTO releasing it, obviously they want to get that back as soon as possible.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-11-17 11:11 AM
    I have already pre-ordered the Samsung S8+. Lost interest in the KEYone the moment they delayed it. My Q10 will be the one I use for my PKB needs.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 11:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    it doesnt matter if you think its worth the wait, they are a pr nightmare and are upsetting the fan base who has been waiting since probably october 2016, apart from the price which i think is a little high, they are pretending that demand is high when nobody knows about this phone but crackberry members. why should we cut them slack for making poor decisions?
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    04-11-17 11:34 AM
    What? No offense man, but that doesn't even make any sense. What money have they collected? You don't collect money by not releasing a phone. They've put money INTO releasing it, obviously they want to get that back as soon as possible.
    Frustrated is all. Why not give updates? At least to the preorder requests. If they start releasing the phones in May, I will apologize in advance. My main point is if they weren't ready to go in April, they should have not given that time frame. Something is probably happening behind the scenes that is bigger than originally anticipated. Whether it is software or hardware, it really doesn't matter. A delay is still a delay. By the way, I very much enjoy your weekly podcasts. It's nice to see Simon Sage back as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 12:08 PM
63 123