Right, just went in and asked for myself about tomorrow since I'm tired of the radio silence and I was getting worried about a wasted trip tomorrow.

Confirmed from the horse's mouth at the CPW outlet downstairs, they will have "hundreds" of units available for sale at the store from 0930 sharp tomorrow morning. I got the impression the phones are already there, since the two salespeople I spoke to were estimating they had about 600 or 700, i.e. they must have seen the stock.

First time I've ever asked about a BlackBerry product in a store and not been stared at blankly. They smiled and we're ready for the question :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 07:33 AM
    Nice
    04-26-17 07:36 AM
    I'm wondering if other carphonewarehouse stores will have them in tomorrow also?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 07:37 AM
    So who's travelling from UK to Australia? 😂
    bendiep1991 likes this.
    04-26-17 07:45 AM
    So who's travelling from UK to Australia? 😂
    Pay for my flights and I'll jump on the next plane

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 07:47 AM
    Pay for my flights and I'll jump on the next plane

Posted via CB10
    You do know if the phone isn't announced here in next few days, that'll be a good option. May be the die-hard fans here will be able to chip in.
    04-26-17 07:48 AM
    I had been refreshing Selfridges website since morning. Not sure if it'll show any stocks tomorrow or not.
    04-26-17 07:49 AM
    Hope it will selling like hotcakes!
    04-26-17 08:01 AM
    Thanks for casing the joint...what time do we raid them tonight? 3am?!

UK - 9900 -Playbook (retired) - Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2) - *KEYone (hopefully)
    04-26-17 08:07 AM
    Lol, great to know that the wait is over, and that the Selfridges info re the 28th was spot on. 😎
    04-26-17 08:11 AM
    Great, thanks for sharing! Did they confirm it would retail at £499?
    04-26-17 08:25 AM
    Right, just went in and asked for myself about tomorrow since I'm tired of the radio silence and I was getting worried about a wasted trip tomorrow.

Confirmed from the horse's mouth at the CPW outlet downstairs, they will have "hundreds" of units available for sale at the store from 0930 sharp tomorrow morning. I got the impression the phones are already there, since the two salespeople I spoke to were estimating they had about 600 or 700, i.e. they must have seen the stock.

First time I've ever asked about a BlackBerry product in a store and not been stared at blankly. They smiled and we're ready for the question :-)

Posted via CB10
    I would've just sold you one if I was the salesman . Day early never hurt nobody!
    04-26-17 08:30 AM
    I asked for a free one to test tonight and save them any embarrassment tomorrow in case there are performance issues, but they didn't go for it!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 08:32 AM
    So I'm currently on a shift in CPW (not London fyi) and just done a stock check for the KEYone. Oxford Street stock right now = 700 units.
    04-26-17 08:33 AM
    So I'm currently on a shift in CPW (not London fyi) and just done a stock check for the KEYone. Oxford Street stock right now = 700 units.
    We're gonna need you to empty that stock and distribute them under the CB community. You will be poorly rewarded for your effort sir. Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 08:40 AM
    Thanks! In your opinion is that a lot? If you had to guess what time do you think it would be sold out?
    Aneres11 likes this.
    04-26-17 08:41 AM
    04-26-17 08:44 AM
    Thanks! In your opinion is that a lot? If you had to guess what time do you think it would be sold out?
    Well, I've been wondering the same thing.
    700 is an absolute load of handsets to hold in store. In our store which is quietish, we only hold about 10-15 of any phone at one time and even that's considered a lot.

So 700 is huge. But they are a flagship store.

I'd like to think they'd have enough to last them the weekend, but it depends. Thats me thinking of it from a single user perspective. Someone might show up and buy 100 for business purposes. Personally, i disagree with that as i cant get into the store until 7:30ish tomorrow evening so if they were to all be sold due to a batch purchase I'd be annoyed.

But i guess TCL and BB don't care about that as long as it means sales.
    Vegano likes this.
    04-26-17 08:48 AM
    Well, I've been wondering the same thing.
    700 is an absolute load of handsets to hold in store. In our store which is quietish, we only hold about 10-15 of any phone at one time and even that's considered a lot.

So 700 is huge. But they are a flagship store.

I'd like to think they'd have enough to last them the weekend, but it depends. Thats me thinking of it from a single user perspective. Someone might show up and buy 100 for business purposes. Personally, i disagree with that as i cant get into the store until 7:30ish tomorrow evening so if they were to all be sold due to a batch purchase I'd be annoyed.

But i guess TCL and BB don't care about that as long as it means sales.
    Yeah 700 is a massive amount of stock. I can't imagine anyone in Selfridges will be buying a bulk number for business or whatever, so that should be enough to see out the day until 7.30pm at least. I'm going to ask them if they can put one aside though, and if so what number you should call them on to pay over the phone or whatever.
    She did say to be there at 0930 sharp, didn’t expand on that though, so maybe there's freebies for the first few people or something? I detected a glint of excitement in her eye as she said it, but that could just be because I'm super handsome ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 08:58 AM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Excellent!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 08:59 AM
    but that could just be because I'm super handsome ;-)
    I believe you haha.

And i already have one put to one side - reserved on Monday. I called and spoke to them but going to call again later to double check it's kept safe!
    04-26-17 09:08 AM
    Nice one, we're all going to be happy tomorrow night! Well, all of us getting to London at least. Everyone else is probably going to be bitterly disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 09:12 AM
    Will the other Selfridges store have them as well?
    04-26-17 09:16 AM
    Yeah 700 is a massive amount of stock. I can't imagine anyone in Selfridges will be buying a bulk number for business or whatever, so that should be enough to see out the day until 7.30pm at least. I'm going to ask them if they can put one aside though, and if so what number you should call them on to pay over the phone or whatever.
    She did say to be there at 0930 sharp, didn’t expand on that though, so maybe there's freebies for the first few people or something? I detected a glint of excitement in her eye as she said it, but that could just be because I'm super handsome ;-)

Posted via CB10
    But who in their right mind would purchase bulk quantities from a retail establishment? Here in the US, we have "vendors" and sales people within the vendor supply chain that we can make use of to buy anywhere from 1-1000 units.

Before everyone jumps all over me - I know the UK and other areas of the world have the same concept - it was meant tongue in cheek, but the first question still remains....
    04-26-17 09:17 AM
    Will the other Selfridges store have them as well?
    Didn't ask, I guess Aneres wouldn't be trekking to London if they did though....

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    04-26-17 09:19 AM
161 123 ...