Why?

Because I doubt this thing gets picked up by any US carriers and my money says that T-Mobile will support both VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling. There's no way that AT&T or Verizon will allow these features to work on their networks.

I'm bummed because I really like this device but recently switched from T-Mobile to AT&T because of gaps in my coverage. Both VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling are extremely important to me and I will need to just stick with a device that supports both on AT&T. Text messaging can ride over the Wi-Fi Calling protocol and being on planes each week it's nice to be able to text at 35k feet!
    03-13-17 08:34 PM
    Someone in another forum has WiFi calling with Verizon. I was quite surprised!

I really hope Verizon gets it. There is some hope given the CDMA bands.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 08:38 PM
    I remember reading how one of the non GSM carriers was very sticky about just which phones could be signed onto their system. Was it Verizon, or Sprint? I, for one am very glad that Bell Mobility shut down their CDMA bands.
    03-13-17 08:47 PM
    I remember reading how one of the non GSM carriers was very sticky about just which phones could be signed onto their system. Was it Verizon, or Sprint? I, for one am very glad that Bell Mobility shut down their CDMA bands.
    Verizon has been historically but supposedly has a BYOD program now.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 08:53 PM
    AT&T has historically REFUSED to allow VoLTE or WiFi Calling on anything they did not actually sell (with their firmware on it.) There is a report on the DTEK60 forum, however, of an AT&T customer who was sent an app that unlocked the settings on their phone and allowed them to enable IMS!

I'd love a copy of that app so I can figure out what's in it.....
    03-13-17 08:56 PM
    Why?

Because I doubt this thing gets picked up by any US carriers and my money says that T-Mobile will support both VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling. There's no way that AT&T or Verizon will allow these features to work on their networks.

I'm bummed because I really like this device but recently switched from T-Mobile to AT&T because of gaps in my coverage. Both VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling are extremely important to me and I will need to just stick with a device that supports both on AT&T. Text messaging can ride over the Wi-Fi Calling protocol and being on planes each week it's nice to be able to text at 35k feet!
    I think you may be right. It also doesn't help that AT&T and Verizon don't currently sell any Alcatel phones...
    03-13-17 10:39 PM
    I think you may be right. It also doesn't help that AT&T and Verizon don't currently sell any Alcatel phones...
    Problem is most enterprises in the USA use AT&T or Verizon. I've never worked anywhere that used T-Mobile.

The enterprises I've worked in were large Wall St firms (over 50,000 employees) and global oil companies (over 100,000 employees).

Using T-Mobile would eliminate most of their main enterprise market.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-13-17 11:24 PM
    There is a Verizon-specific CDMA-enabled version of the KeyONE -- it'll be available on Verizon, if you are willing to (or need to) put up with them as a carrier.
    03-14-17 07:32 AM
    There is a Verizon-specific CDMA-enabled version of the KeyONE -- it'll be available on Verizon, if you are willing to (or need to) put up with them as a carrier.
    Do we know that for sure? Just because there is a CDMA version doesn't necessarily mean it will get to Verizon. But I sure hope so!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 07:38 AM
    If the phone gains any traction, for sure there will be coverage on both the big 2 here in the US. Since AT&T is GSM, no worries with those customers. Verizon is biggest CDMA carrier so not that worried actually.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 10:15 AM
    AT&T does for some of their GoPhone retailers, but yeah.
    03-14-17 10:23 AM
    What App specifically and where did they get it. I would love to have wifi calling on my DTEK60.
    03-14-17 12:17 PM
    What App specifically and where did they get it. I would love to have wifi calling on my DTEK60.
    When the Priv launched, it was fully compatible with AT&T--but users could get AT&T-specific features ONLY by plugging in a SIM that had already been activated in an AT&T phone.

Without that step, AT&T's systems wouldn't activate things fully because the Priv wasn't in AT&T's systems as a compatible phone. So, AT&T's systems gave only generic access and features.

But once a SIM card is listed in their systems as having been in a fully compatible phone, their systems never check afterward. Put such a SIM into a Priv, and that Priv becomes an AT&T phone--even if you put a different SIM in.

I suspect the same will be the case with other phones. I'm hoping it's the case with KeyONE with respect to it having full T-Mobile features the same way a Priv does with a T-Mo SIM card installed.
    03-14-17 01:41 PM
    Do we know that for sure? Just because there is a CDMA version doesn't necessarily mean it will get to Verizon. But I sure hope so!

Posted via CB10
    The unlocked version will work with every carrier in the US
    03-14-17 02:16 PM
    I know, but it doesn't necessarily mean Verizon will allow it on their network/BYOD program.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 02:22 PM
    I know, but it doesn't necessarily mean Verizon will allow it on their network/BYOD program.

Posted via CB10
    Feel so bad for people who have to deal with verizons bull****
    03-14-17 02:49 PM
    I have VoLTE and WiFi Calling on my Verizon Note 4. I use Wi-Fi calling all the time when I am in India. Works great for voice calls and texting. Verizon has had VoLTE for a long time. Don't believe everything you hear in T-Mobile commercials. Verizon is consistently updating their network. Verizon will be shutting down their CDMA network by the end of 2019.
    03-14-17 05:42 PM
    I have VoLTE and WiFi Calling on my Verizon Note 4. I use Wi-Fi calling all the time when I am in India. Works great for voice calls and texting. Verizon has had VoLTE for a long time. Don't believe everything you hear in T-Mobile commercials. Verizon is consistently updating their network. Verizon will be shutting down their CDMA network by the end of 2019.
    I have VoLTE and wifi calling with Verizon as well. Use it everyday. Also, Verizon doesn't just block Phones from its network like before. I can put my Verizon Sim in her Google Pixel phone and works automatically. As previously stated, don't believe the hype always.
    03-14-17 08:09 PM
    That doesn't mean that it will work WELL with any given carrier. It's all about the frequencies and software.
    03-14-17 09:56 PM
    With a CDMA variant and Verizon being the largest CDMA carrier I find it hard to believe the variant is made for someone else. I too own a PRIV and and use WiFi calling all the time.
    03-14-17 10:10 PM
    With a CDMA variant and Verizon being the largest CDMA carrier I find it hard to believe the variant is made for someone else. I too own a PRIV and and use WiFi calling all the time.
    I would agree but some variants don't make it to market.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 10:22 PM
    That doesn't mean that it will work WELL with any given carrier. It's all about the frequencies and software.
    It has all the frequencies it needs, and if any special software is needed, the carriers have it.

The unlocked version will work with all the major carriers in Canada out of the box without any extra software.
    03-14-17 10:24 PM
    It has all the frequencies it needs, and if any special software is needed, the carriers have it.
    Not necessarily.
    03-14-17 10:27 PM
    Not necessarily.
    For example?
    03-14-17 10:28 PM
    What are u talking about
    03-14-17 10:37 PM
45 12