Any ideas on whether it will be getting wireless charging?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 12:38 PM
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    Aju and 985 like this.
    03-23-17 12:54 PM
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    Well, technically the answer to OP's question is yes. Yes, we do have an idea if it would have it or not, and it will not, lol.

Oh well, I wish this super simple thing would just become standard on all phones soon...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Aju and Empyrean like this.
    03-23-17 12:59 PM
    Well here is hoping that there could be a wireless charging case.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 01:27 PM
    Well here is hoping that there could be a wireless charging case.

Posted via CB10
    I like my phone naked ;-) Maybe a charging dock that can stick onto the desk so I can put it on or take it off charge one-handed. That would be a so-so work-around...

03-23-17 01:33 PM
    Looks like someone beat me to the question... However, I have the SQC100-2 BlackBerry Classic that includes PMA and Qi charging, but only on the AT&T branded phones.

So maybe it may become a carrier directed option to include? I hope so, as I really like the ability to not have to physically connect a jack that will eventually wear out the port. I've had jacks wear out on other electronic items for this reason that nearly rendered it useless...

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 09:40 PM
    Looks like someone beat me to the question... However, I have the SQC100-2 BlackBerry Classic that includes PMA and Qi charging, but only on the AT&T branded phones.

So maybe it may become a carrier directed option to include? I hope so, as I really like the ability to not have to physically connect a jack that will eventually wear out the port. I've had jacks wear out on other electronic items for this reason that nearly rendered it useless...

Posted via CB10
    "It never happened to me, therefore it never happens." comments incoming.

03-24-17 07:08 AM
    Any ideas on whether it will be getting wireless charging?

Posted via CB10
    Having used wireless charging before, and now without it on the Dtek60 equipped with fast wired charge, I personally think there is no comparison. It is far more valuable and far more important to have fast wired charging than the slow wireless charging. No comparison.
    03-24-17 08:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately there is no variant that includes wireless charging. I asked the GM of BB Mobile about it and he said it was due to interference that it was causing with the antennas.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-24-17 09:07 AM
    Having used wireless charging before, and now without it on the Dtek60 equipped with fast wired charge, I personally think there is no comparison. It is far more valuable and far more important to have fast wired charging than the slow wireless charging. No comparison.
    Because if you have one you can't have the other right?

Dammit, why didn't I predict the "quick charge is better, and is somehow mutually exclusive to having wireless charging" comments incoming?? I'm ashamed of myself...

hjc73734 likes this.
    03-24-17 09:12 AM
    Because if you have one you can't have the other right?

Dammit, why didn't I predict the "quick charge is better, and is somehow mutually exclusive to having wireless charging" comments incoming?? I'm ashamed of myself...

Relax man. Sorry to offend your sensitive (insecure?) ears ... but I was only saying that wireless really is not very important, once I had experience with other things and after the novelty wore off. Point was only that there are other far more important aspects of charging.
    03-24-17 09:17 AM
    It's not one or the other. Priv has both.
    03-24-17 09:46 AM
    Relax man. Sorry to offend your sensitive (insecure?) ears ... but I was only saying that wireless really is not very important, once I had experience with other things and after the novelty wore off. Point was only that there are other far more important aspects of charging.
    Smartphone is also not very important. But it is nice to have one, right?

I agree with you since today's wireless charging is just with an induction plate, means you have to put the phone to charge it. It is not like wireless LAN. But it is just nice to have the option. After all, it will cost $549.
    03-24-17 09:58 AM
    LMAO! Projection is a funny (hilarious) thing isn't it? I made a comment and you instantly get defensive over it. Yep, I'm the one who is sensitive and insecure, lol. :-D

Seriously, it's perfectly normal to go into a thread about something you're not interested in, just to make a completely irrelevant comment about how something else, that doesn't replace what OP was asking about, is better. Right? It's normal right? Lol

You people crack me up. :-D

03-24-17 10:54 AM
    It's not one or the other. Priv has both.
    Shhhhh, don't point out facts, he might get triggered and then project that onto you...

03-24-17 10:55 AM
    Smartphone is also not very important. But it is nice to have one, right?

I agree with you since today's wireless charging is just with an induction plate, means you have to put the phone to charge it. It is not like wireless LAN. But it is just nice to have the option. After all, it will cost $549.
    For me I only mainly charge my phone overnight, and I hope the KEYone with its 3505mAh battery that it survives the day without needing a top-off, and having used a Qi wireless charging stand, it's just so darn convenient. If I have to get my phone in the middle of the night, I just reach over and grab it. Versus before I would have to scoot myself over to the phone, turn my whole body, and reach over with both hands to unplug my phone. Something kind of hard if you're not a lonely forever alone 9gager and I have my wife next to me making one of my arms numb...

Same for putting it back on charge, i sometimes just toss it back on the stand and fall back asleep.

So yes, definitely a nice feature to have. I'm not yet sure how I would feel about power going through the air like wifi though, haha. :-P

03-24-17 10:58 AM
    Qi would be nice, but I think reception and price are a higher priority.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-24-17 11:32 PM
    Qi would be nice, but I think reception and price are a higher priority.
    The AT&T version of the Classic with wireless charging actually cost a few dollars less than the versions without it, lol. :-P

At least back when I bought it. Too bad it doesn't have a removable back, then the option would be as simple as swapping the back cover.

03-25-17 12:34 AM
    The AT&T version of the Classic with wireless charging actually cost a few dollars less than the versions without it, lol. :-P

At least back when I bought it. Too bad it doesn't have a removable back, then the option would be as simple as swapping the back cover.

You've brought this up before. A carrier willing to sacrifice some profit, for an exclusive feature, is not a good example. Besides, you completely ignored this

Unfortunately there is no variant that includes wireless charging. I asked the GM of BB Mobile about it and he said it was due to interference that it was causing with the antennas.
    Thanks Shao! I was in on that conversation. We've both mentioned it, but apparently wireless charging is more important.

The OP's answer has been given, and since this discussion is too emotionally charged to debate like adults, I'm closing it.
    03-25-17 06:22 AM