So I will try and keep this short and sweet. There has been a lot of back and fourth on the Keyone and why it is bad. Price, specs, etc all have been discussed. I personally think this phone could be the true best blackberry ever made. I say true because that particular title has been thrown around for so many phone over the years. I feel like the soul of what blackberry really is and was as a phone manufacturer was productivity and efficiency. When they released their phones you expected a top of the line efficient keyboard, great battery life, and the ability to communicate like no one else could. This phone unlike the Priv will not have to sacrifice the type of keyboard that is on the phone. This will be your atypical blackberry bold (classic) keyboard experience. And correct me if I'm wrong but this will be the first bold classic keyboard experience with the capacitive touch capability? When it comes to apps which was lacking on bb10 (though it had great phones) will be there day 1. Obviously this isn't the first blackberry phone running Android so user should be accustomed to having any and ever app they want by now. The battery will be one that will last you all day. Quick charge capabilities is there and it has the biggest battery ever put into a blackberry. You couple that with a SoC 625 that was designed around having great battery life along with Performance. Everyone has been asking and this phone has the fingerprint scanner built right into the spacebar key. Lastly this could possibly be the best camera (an area always lacking on blackberry phones) ever put onto a blackberry. Add this all up and I see a device that is a throwback to the blackberry of old. One that powers you through the day with great battery life, give you the keyboard you need for efficient communication, and lastly modernized with android and any and every application you want or need a fingerprint scanner and top of the line camera. I believe this can be the best blackberry ever created. I hope user give it a chance. Again if you want better specs or even a cheaper price I'm sure you can find that phone somewhere out there. But if you want a throwback to blackberry of old with a keyboard, battery life, and communication powered by any app you want there is no other phone available for you on the market but this one. I hope it does well and it will definitely be my next phone.
    03-29-17 04:35 PM
    For me the Passport was the best. I have a Priv it is terrible all around. I find BlackBerry phones are way behind compared to other top phones in the market. I hope this KEYone is amazing.
    Alan Wei likes this.
    03-29-17 04:40 PM
    For me the Passport was the best. I have a Priv it is terrible all around. I find BlackBerry phones are way behind compared to other top phones in the market. I hope this KEYone is amazing.
    Passport was an amazing phone and one that I loved. Priv gets a lot of (some being undeserved) hate but it was the first of its kind. The first phone that ran android for BlackBerry and it was different because of the slider design. It is my daily driver and it still powers me through what I need to do with little to no issues. I love the Priv.
    jakie55, fanisk and Mirko935 like this.
    03-29-17 04:43 PM
    Really agree with OP on this one. I've been trying to stay a BlackBerry user (still on bb10) and in 2017 it's really hard, simply because of the lack of apps and support. I think the KEYone will bridge the gap and be an amazing phone. It's got the app support bb10 doesn't, has the classic keyboard, a great camera, and isn't as out of reach price wise that the Priv was. Hopefully it will be a large success.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55, Pez1983 and twopack like this.
    03-29-17 05:04 PM
    I mean I can't see it being a large success just because of how tarnished the blackberry brand is. Even if it is made by TCL I I don't think it will do outrageous numbers. But it will probably be the best selling blackberry android so far.
    03-29-17 05:23 PM
    So I will try and keep this short and sweet. There has been a lot of back and fourth on the Keyone and why it is bad. Price, specs, etc all have been discussed. I personally think this phone could be the true best blackberry ever made. I say true because that particular title has been thrown around for so many phone over the years. I feel like the soul of what blackberry really is and was as a phone manufacturer was productivity and efficiency. When they released their phones you expected a top of the line efficient keyboard, great battery life, and the ability to communicate like no one else could. This phone unlike the Priv will not have to sacrifice the type of keyboard that is on the phone. This will be your atypical blackberry bold (classic) keyboard experience. And correct me if I'm wrong but this will be the first bold classic keyboard experience with the capacitive touch capability? When it comes to apps which was lacking on bb10 (though it had great phones) will be there day 1. Obviously this isn't the first blackberry phone running Android so user should be accustomed to having any and ever app they want by now. The battery will be one that will last you all day. Quick charge capabilities is there and it has the biggest battery ever put into a blackberry. You couple that with a SoC 625 that was designed around having great battery life along with Performance. Everyone has been asking and this phone has the fingerprint scanner built right into the spacebar key. Lastly this could possibly be the best camera (an area always lacking on blackberry phones) ever put onto a blackberry. Add this all up and I see a device that is a throwback to the blackberry of old. One that powers you through the day with great battery life, give you the keyboard you need for efficient communication, and lastly modernized with android and any and every application you want or need a fingerprint scanner and top of the line camera. I believe this can be the best blackberry ever created. I hope user give it a chance. Again if you want better specs or even a cheaper price I'm sure you can find that phone somewhere out there. But if you want a throwback to blackberry of old with a keyboard, battery life, and communication powered by any app you want there is no other phone available for you on the market but this one. I hope it does well and it will definitely be my next phone.
    Well, that was short. 🙄
    03-29-17 05:30 PM
    Typed from my Priv hard to tell the length sometimes from mobile.
    03-29-17 06:07 PM
    This is the first device in five years that holds this promise.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-29-17 09:03 PM
    You have written to much common sense for some on this board. Well thought out and well written!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 06:02 AM
    Even if true... it will only be the best phone that no one ever knew about.

Just like BB10 was the best OS that no one ever knew about.

Same mistakes over and over and over and over and over again.
    03-30-17 06:51 AM
    Even if true... it will only be the best phone that no one ever knew about.

Just like BB10 was the best OS that no one ever knew about.

Same mistakes over and over and over and over and over again.
    Can you imagine how much worse the losses would have been had they wasted money advertising BB10 after the Z10 write down and no app ecosystem?

Doesn't matter. They didn't have the money to advertise anyway.

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    03-30-17 07:07 AM
    It's not going to be like the classic or bold because the keys are shaped differently. If you've been reading any of my posts, I compare it to the p9983 or small passport keys
    03-30-17 07:24 AM
    The KEYone is not the first to have the capacitive keyboard. The Passport and Priv have it as well. I like the KEYone on paper but will have to try it out and see if the keyboard and Android os have what it takes to be a huge hit for Blackberry, TCL and Google.

Sent From My Legacy Model  9900
    03-30-17 07:36 AM
    Can you imagine how much worse the losses would have been had they wasted money advertising BB10 after the Z10 write down and no app ecosystem?

Doesn't matter. They didn't have the money to advertise anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Is that you johnny...?

The one who, in 2014 had the best handset on the market... Z30... soon to be followed by the most unique handset ever... Passport... and at the same time finally had a robust and well functioning OS10... all while sitting on bundles of cash to later be squandered on a wild buying spree...

Yet, even when you had the chance in free interviews... you refused to tell the world... botching it instead every time you opened your mouth.

I realize... johnny... you've got no other excuses... so you just keep using those same old tired "but I didn't have the money..." excuses.

I get it... you've got nothing else. And that's why... almost 4 years in... your stock is stagnant right about where it was when you started... while the rest of the market has been screaming to new highs.
    03-30-17 02:28 PM
    Is that you johnny...?

The one who, in 2014 had the best handset on the market... Z30... soon to be followed by the most unique handset ever... Passport... and at the same time finally had a robust and well functioning OS10... all while sitting on bundles of cash to later be squandered on a wild buying spree...

Yet, even when you had the chance in free interviews... you refused to tell the world... botching it instead every time you opened your mouth.

I realize... johnny... you've got no other excuses... so you just keep using those same old tired "but I didn't have the money..." excuses.

I get it... you've got nothing else. And that's why... almost 4 years in... your stock is stagnant right about where it was when you started... while the rest of the market has been screaming to new highs.
    The money from Prem, Fairfax and the asset sales were all directed to be used for acquisitions per Fairfax, Prem and the BOD. The former BlackBerry and OS10 died and was taken over by Fairfax and Prem when they installed JC as CEO as part of the deal to extend the lifeline. If you're gonna whine, at least get the facts straight.
    03-30-17 02:40 PM
    Is that you johnny...?

The lifeline that BlackBerry received, required BlackBerry to dump BB10 and switch gears. Commitments and contracts were fulfilled, and the OS was put out to pasture - as directed.
    03-30-17 02:53 PM
    The money from Prem, Fairfax and the asset sales were all directed to be used for acquisitions per Fairfax, Prem and the BOD. The former BlackBerry and OS10 died and was taken over by Fairfax and Prem when they installed JC as CEO as part of the deal to extend the lifeline. If you're gonna whine, at least get the facts straight.
    You beat me to it. Lol.
    03-30-17 02:54 PM
    Oh yes... prem... the smartest dude in Canada, right? NOT!!

The Mr "I wanna be Warren Buffett"!

Well, prem... you are no Warren Buffett.

And that's why... almost 4 years in...your annointed has BBRY stagnant right where it was when he took over.

Have you figured out yet that your money would have fared much better in almost any simple mutual fund?

But hey, you just keep on hoping... granted, it's your money.
    03-30-17 02:58 PM

And that's why... almost 4 years in...your annointed has BBRY stagnant right where it was when he took over.

Have you figured out yet that your money would have fared much better in almost any simple mutual fund?

The alternative to stagnation was losing it all. Chen had to essentially build a whole new company while shedding its existing failing business.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-30-17 03:06 PM
    Best BlackBerry so far? Perhaps it could be. But for me, the perfect device would also have a toolbelt with a dedicated trackpad (please stop now if you're about to reply that the capacitive keyboard replaces that and read up on the 100 times it has been explained why it doesn't, thanks.), wireless charging, and a play/pause/mute key between the volume rockers.

But besides those things, definitely looking forward to getting one. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    ariandax likes this.
    03-30-17 03:32 PM
    That title belongs to the bold 9900
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    03-30-17 03:38 PM

You do realize that Fairfax (Prem) did a Berkshire (Warren) move and bought special debentures that actually paid Fairfax a pretty good high yield return plus a premium when BlackBerry refinanced them?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 04:50 PM
    fully agree! if the K1 had a trackpack , it would be the best so far. ALso, a proper management of the select- text-copy-paste actions from the PKB would be essential too because those are the essence of the old blackberries, being the Classic , the BB with the most distinctive BBfeatures so far. I hope th keyone has the same specs too.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    03-30-17 04:57 PM
    Back when I had my Bold 9780 and even my z10 I wasn't all that fussed about having a great front or back camera. Extra costs didn't mean better photos than my compact camera or DSLR that I was using constantly.

Nothing from Nokia or anyone justified that.

Nowadays I can truthfully say the camera has got to a point where we can leave the compact camera at home and use the smartphone.

The last couple of years I've been disappointed with BlackBerry that the front and/or back cameras have been average to the competition. Lately that has changed with the Dteks but it's still not close enough.

I'm really excited that the keyone could meet my expectations as my other half has a Pixel and I love it. Sure the camera algorithms won't be the same but it should be good.

I have mentioned it in many threads what I like about the KEYone and for what I want, it finally hits a balance.

There was a few things about the Passport, Priv, Dtek 50, the Dtek 60 (got close) but I couldn't jump at it and so I've stuck with the BlackBerry classic.

I can finally say the keyone has got it right... for me.
    It's not BlackBerry 10 but what I've seen BlackBerry do with android recently makes me want to give it a go; it's going somewhere where I can confidently make that transition.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 and murphy_thom like this.
    03-30-17 05:17 PM
    I doubt any smartphone of the current class will retrospectively be considered the best ever made. I'll list the reasons.

1) For a start, as phones they are too big - not as portable as phones of the past

2) As tablets they are too small - not as pleasant a viewing experience as a good 9.7 or 10-12 incher. They are compromise machines

3) Fragile glass screens

4) App ecosystems - Which will likely be replaced by superapp propositions, like microsofts idea of a "conversational platform" under Cortana. One app with subapps, rather than individual apps

5) App development budgets. Smartphone uses wont pay more than the price of a coffee for software. Or its funded from ads. That makes a lot of smartphone software of very limited, or poor quality.

Machines of the future will most likely use OLED graphene screens which are foldable, scrollable and basically indestructible. They will most likely use conversational platforms more than touch. They will most likely use super apps, and web apps which are platform independent. They will most likely use hybrid software OS's, which capture the higher development funding of desktop OSs, and thus have higher quality software. Technology of the future as well as being more human (speech, gesture), more portable, will also be more intergrated - jewelry, smartwear.

Such that a watch you can talk to, and put in your ear as an earpiece, with a fold out screen if you need it, or a projector display on your wrist or a table, might be more convenient than a large device you have to lug around.

Or even, shock horror, a small phone sized device. No need for a large screen in an age of augmented reality glasses, projecting, or speech recognition. No need for a screen or visual display at all in some cases.

No, no smartphone of present times will be considered the best of anything. Its a temporary phase like the T9 keyboard, and the PDA.

Unless you could call something of the T9 era, "the best ever", but then for blackberry you'd probably pick something like the bold or curve. Picking the best smart phone _of all time_ based on what will quickly become redundant technologies is a little like picking the "best rock song ever". It's more like a nod to popular culture than anything objective.
    03-30-17 08:24 PM
32 12