Wondering if anyone can let me know a comparison between the two. Even though KEYone has a bigger battery android is far more resource hungry. Main selling point in a phone for me currently is battery life and no lag switching between apps quickly such as phone/email/text/internet/maps. I've always had a hard time with android because of that.
    05-19-17 10:16 PM
    Wondering if anyone can let me know a comparison between the two. Even though KEYone has a bigger battery android is far more resource hungry. Main selling point in a phone for me currently is battery life and no lag switching between apps quickly such as phone/email/text/internet/maps. I've always had a hard time with android because of that.
    iPhone hardware and software is optimised in a way Android can't replicate. Analysis has shown iPhone battery life is affected by the CPU management in single core to get high performance. The Keyone has a 2 day battery, after three full charges. I've seen YouTube reviewers claim their iPhones can't get through one day.
    rbruce63 likes this.
    05-20-17 04:53 AM
    My 7plus is at 30%, After full day of use, youtube, radio, facetime and calls. If i leave it at 30% overnight it stays or drops to 29% by morning after 7-8 hours. Superb optimization.
    chain13 and rbruce63 like this.
    05-20-17 07:17 AM
    My 7plus is at 30%, After full day of use, youtube, radio, facetime and calls. If i leave it at 30% overnight it stays or drops to 29% by morning after 7-8 hours. Superb optimization.
    same here. I have yet to need a top up before bed and I've set my
    7 plus to record timelapse video for 2-3 hours. I'd love to have a physical keyboard again but not if I have to plug it in during the day. my job is fast paced and hectic, not having to worry about battery life is a god send.

iPhone hardware and software is optimised in a way Android can't replicate. Analysis has shown iPhone battery life is affected by the CPU management in single core to get high performance. The Keyone has a 2 day battery, after three full charges. I've seen YouTube reviewers claim their iPhones can't get through one day.
    I've never had to charge my 7 p,us during the day and I'm on it constantly at work. photos, email, calls. Any android phone I've ever had would be dead by 4-6pm. Also the difference when you have 20% battery on ios vs android is staggering, I ca. get 2-3 hours screen time on ios but android is generally 30 minutes or less... at least that has been my experience.
    05-20-17 09:39 AM
    I don't own either device but I can tell you it won't even be a contest.
    05-20-17 09:42 AM
    7 plus to record timelapse video for 2-3 hours. I'd love to have a physical keyboard again but not if I have to plug it in during the day. my job is fast paced and hectic, not having to worry about battery life is a god send.

I've never had to charge my 7 p,us during the day and I'm on it constantly at work. photos, email, calls. Any android phone I've ever had would be dead by 4-6pm. Also the difference when you have 20% battery on ios vs android is staggering, I ca. get 2-3 hours screen time on ios but android is generally 30 minutes or less... at least that has been my experience.
    I must say I've had iPhones that have shut off on me around 20%.. Not sure why but I had multiple iPhones that did that.
    05-20-17 09:44 AM
    I must say I've had iPhones that have shut off on me around 20%.. Not sure why but I had multiple iPhones that did that.
    my wife has a iphone 6 and the battery is horrible. I wish the K1 battery was swappable then it would be a no brainer. I have bbos phones that are 6+ years old and can still make it yhrough the day on a charge. I've only had my 7 plus for about 4 months but I definitely don't want to commit to it if its just going to start acting up in a year.

I feel like phones just aren't built to last more than 6-12 months these days, I'm hoping the KEYone is different like the bb10 and bbos devices. I really want to just stop having to upgrade constantly since the tech inside has become so stagnant.
    Bsbudd likes this.
    05-20-17 09:52 AM
    Here is actual data in link below. It's not even close. Also check out charging times. iPhone has zero capacity to charge quickly. In the chart you can add any phone to compare including iPhone 7 plus.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Black...re-out_id93989
    05-20-17 09:53 AM
    Here is actual data in link below. It's not even close. Also check out charging times. iPhone has zero capacity to charge quickly. In the chart you can add any phone to compare including iPhone 7 plus.

thank you! this definitely looks promising!

I wish they had the 7 plus on there though as there is a big difference between the 7 and 7 plus in terms of battery life
    05-20-17 10:05 AM
    thank you! this definitely looks promising!

I wish they had the 7 plus on there though as there is a big difference between the 7 and 7 plus in terms of battery life
    Look at the bottom of the chart. There is a drop down to add any phone to chart including 7 plus
    Xmeatizmurderx and thekidshop like this.
    05-20-17 10:06 AM
    Look at the bottom of the chart. There is a drop down to add any phone to chart including 7 plus
    oh awesome didn't see that!!!
    05-20-17 10:07 AM

wow its 25% longer life plus charges 200% faster!! where is the marketing team whwn we need them!!

I'm definitely going to get my hands on the KEYone
    05-20-17 10:12 AM
    yeah pretty fantastic battery life. I'm definitely excited about this one. that's always been the one thing I missed when switching from the passport was the comparable battery life.
    05-20-17 10:29 AM
    Keyone has basically the same internals as my moto z play droid, a bigger battery and smaller screen. I can get 10+ screen on hours so I'm sure the keyone will get even better.
    05-20-17 10:44 AM
    "iPhone 7 Plus used only 70% battery in one day's use!"

KEYone: "Hold my beer"

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-20-17 10:49 AM
    The highlighted quote has a typo though. It reads that the KEYone lasts 50% as long when I think they meant to type 50% longer... Someone should write them about correcting that because it sounds like they are saying it has half the battery life...

05-20-17 10:52 AM
    iphone 7plus has excellent battery life, i have yet to ever run short in a day under normal use and many times have 40-50% remaining. But im sure with the energy efficient processor and bigger battery, smaller screen in the k1 it will easily last much longer. The k1 is setup for battery life and not like a powerhouse performance.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-20-17 10:57 AM
    I've got both and I think the battery on KEYᵒⁿᵉ is better. The sleep time is highly dependent on what apps you have on an Android.

Saying that, I have not used (hammered) my iPhone 7 Plus as much as I have on KEYᵒⁿᵉ. With similar use, I think they're very close but KEYᵒⁿᵉ is winner. Also the charging on KEYᵒⁿᵉ is far superior.

My comparison is merely battery / power consumption only. The phones shouldn't be compared otherwise. Both have different audiences and benefits.
    05-20-17 11:03 AM
    I've got both and I think the battery on KEYᵒⁿᵉ is better. The sleep time is highly dependent on what apps you have on an Android.

Saying that, I have not used (hammered) my iPhone 7 Plus as much as I have on KEYᵒⁿᵉ. With similar use, I think they're very close but KEYᵒⁿᵉ is winner. Also the charging on KEYᵒⁿᵉ is far superior.

My comparison is merely battery / power consumption only. The phones shouldn't be compared otherwise. Both have different audiences and benefits.
    fully agree. I don't play games on my phones and most of my video watching is done on desktop or tablet.

I want a phone for email/calls/text/web browsing/photos and videos that can last a full day even when I'm taking calls all day and recording long video (I make a lot of time lapse movies at work)

I feel like my iphone 7 plus delivers, but the keyboard is a huge bonus for me as I get far less efficient on software keyboards over time and resort to voice to text which never comes out right. And also I need expandae storage and to be able to manage it myself as ios decides what it will keep/delete and ends up cutting videos off sometimes because it hasn't left itself enough space.
    05-20-17 11:21 AM

Don't forget the Keyone has super fast charging so even if you are down you'll be up and running in 30 minutes.
    05-20-17 11:21 AM
    "iPhone 7 Plus used only 70% battery in one day's use!"

KEYone: "Hold my beer"

I've had 80% left at the of a work day on my Keyone.
    05-20-17 11:22 AM
    Don't forget the Keyone has super fast charging so even if you are down you'll be up and running in 30 minutes.
    That is definitely a huge bonus!!!
    05-20-17 11:24 AM
    I actually just exchanged my iPhone 7 Plus at the Apple Store because the battery was dying quickly. I'm a moderate to high user, with calls and WhatsApp, sms and e-mails and I have to admit my battery seems to always be below 20% around 8-9 pm even with all the battery saving tips. I'm thinking about ordering the keyone .
    05-20-17 11:27 AM
    All these phones were put through the same testing. Games included.
    05-20-17 11:36 AM

For any novices out there you truly are wise to heed my advice of not using these data charts to base your decision.

You need to watch and read a ton of user reviews and then figure it out on your own.

No competition? I'm 100% certain they're comparable. They're basically both two day per charge type of phones, on average.

Taking into account the keyone has midrange chips etc for better battery life and the iPhone plus was made to be a high end device, you should be able to figure out which one gives you more as far as battery and performance goes.

Edit: oh wait, I forgot people will start chiming in with the keyone camera being better and the screen being equal to the iPhone 7 /s
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-20-17 11:44 AM
85 123 ...